Check your account email address ×

Kia Stinger

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Awesome. They have come a long way, in a very few short years. Competition is great for the consumer .

Agreed.  I remember when Hyundai first hit the US market, and how pathetic they seemed at the time.  Kia seems to be making some really nice cars.  That Stinger reminds me of a Panamera.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed.  I remember when Hyundai first hit the US market, and how pathetic they seemed at the time.  Kia seems to be making some really nice cars.  That Stinger reminds me of a Panamera.

late 80s early 90s my bud bought a Hyundai little civic looking thing . the thing was a total pile and junk and dead  before 50k mi . I don't think he even had that thing paid off when it was on its way to the junk yard on a wrecker

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

The Stinger is no where near as ugly as that German eye sore.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Stinger is no where near as ugly as that German eye sore.

those things are just sad . I look over at the guys driving them it is sad they make the money but are hen pecked to buy the family version . just end it before buying that pathetic midlife vasectomy

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

those things are just sad . I look over at the guys driving them it is sad they make the money but are hen pecked to buy the family version . just end it before buying that pathetic midlife vasectomy

:lol: You guys are brutal.  I used to hate them, but they've grown on me a little.  But it would have to be a turbo.  Seating for 4 and 3.6 second 0-60 sounds like a good time.... 

Edited by DriftBusta

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Porsche Has had the same bug eyed design for cars for the last 50+ years. With the Panamera they could have made a really good looking 4 door car that owed no design detail to the 911 but instead they just cut an old design in half and grafted in a set of doors like a cheap limousine conversion.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

:lol: You guys are brutal.  I used to hate them, but they've grown on me a little.  But it would have to be a turbo.  Seating for 4 and 3.6 second 0-60 sounds like a good time.... 

I will not berate the mechanicals of the car.  Well maybe the silly rear spoiler.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Twin Turbo V6 sounds quite nice!:thumbsup:

They also had some Alfa Romeo "Sport Ute" on as well....not so sure about that one.

that thing is a me to pile

the 4C on the other hand is a pretty sweet design and priced so the young guy who would buy it can actually afforded it  

Edited by Ez ryder

I have worked on several of them.  Fine as a niche market. Similar to Saturn , they were an alternative to buying a used car. You could have a new car for the same price, with a long Warranty. Saturn tried to reinvent itself too. Couldn't over come the stigma of being merely transportation cars.

As far as styling I can hardly tell one brand from another. I think most of the designs are pirated. 

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I have worked on several of them.  Fine as a niche market. Similar to Saturn , they were an alternative to buying a used car. You could have a new car for the same price, with a long Warranty. Saturn tried to reinvent itself too. Couldn't over come the stigma of being merely transportation cars.

As far as styling I can hardly tell one brand from another. I think most of the designs are pirated. 

diff is the kia and big brother Hyundai are proving to be bullet proof reliable . I have seen many of them with 300k with no major issues . I have 1 bud who only buys them for his delivery biz because they have been so reliable think he has like 12 of them mostly soul and sportage and forte5  . and another bud who is in the manufacturing equipment service biz who is always driving from one corner of the state to the other who has been only buying kia for the last 8 yrs  .

only issue i see is the thin tin dents real ez but that is most new cars and paint looks to chip real ez .hell if they made a truck I would not think twice especially with there bumper to bumper warr. I thought about one of there mini vans for a service truck but just could not do a mini van  

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

diff is the kia and big brother Hyundai are proving to be bullet proof reliable . I have seen many of them with 300k with no major issues . I have 1 bud who only buys them for his delivery biz because they have been so reliable think he has like 12 of them mostly soul and sportage and forte5  . and another bud who is in the manufacturing equipment service biz who is always driving from one corner of the state to the other who has been only buying kia for the last 8 yrs  .

only issue i see is the thin tin dents real ez but that is most new cars and paint looks to chip real ez .hell if they made a truck I would not think twice especially with there bumper to bumper warr 

I think you would be surprised how many satuns are still on the road. They sold rather well around here. Usually what takes them out is the K member rusts out, and customer doesn't want to spend money to replace.

Most cars and SUV's are very similar. Too similar if you ask me. Not much difference working on a Taurus, KiA, Nissan.

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I think you would be surprised how many satuns are still on the road. They sold rather well around here. Usually what takes them out is the K member rusts out, and customer doesn't want to spend money to replace.

Most cars and SUV's are very similar. Too similar if you ask me. Not much difference working on a Taurus, KiA, Nissan.

this is true . my wife bought a outback limited this yr and has wanted to trade it in ever since . she has literally been sitting in 3 diff cars in parking lots trying to figure out why they wont   start lol .best part only 1 was a Subaru  she had to put a few stickers on the back window so she could find her car.  

24 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

this is true . my wife bought a outback limited this yr and has wanted to trade it in ever since . she has literally been sitting in 3 diff cars in parking lots trying to figure out why they wont   start lol .best part only 1 was a Subaru  she had to put a few stickers on the back window so she could find her car.  

:lol: Never hopped in the wrong car, but have opened a  door and realized this ain't my ride. 

Been going on since the beginning of the automotive industry.  You know every auto maker is dissecting the competitions vehicles.

lol she was sitting in a car st the post office some guys,walks up and says what's up. she tells him she can't find the start butten .he laughs and says your car is right there and about 6 yrs newer than this one .they both laughed it off 

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Deep six that pathetic German imposter and get a REAL runner.....