Check your account email address ×

America's health is declining -- and corporations are stoking this crisis

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You’re an idiot.  Pretty simple.  So now we are shifting to big pharma?  I thought it was all corps!  Mean corporations!!!!!!  Your little dig at Trump supporters  in the post for no apparent reason other than to help ease your ass hurt says it all. 

Personal responsibility.  I know that’s not what you believe.  It takes a village right?  And a team of headshrinking, “counseling” hacks to create, convince, and indoctrinate all the victims to believe just that.  Hey, do you recommend hourly viewing of CNN?

Hack. :lol:

He is spot on. Food companies are knowingly poisoning us. Eating healthy is not easy and it's not cheap. Wife and I have been on a restorative health program for 9 months. Very few options while shopping and eating out is next to impossible when you look at all of the ingredients. 

I get why they do it, it would be crazy expensive to produce foods that expire in 2 weeks but the fact is our bodies are not used to consuming alot of these ingredients and it's taking a toll. Look at the rises in obesity, diabetes, gluten intolerance, auto immune, ADHD, cancer, autism, depression, etc... These foods are destroying our digestive system and our health. Try even buying non GMO or organic vegetables, it ain't that easy. 

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

The company I work for incentivizes better health, like any forward thinking company does. :dunno: 

Because unhealthy employers are expensive as fuck. It fucks up the risk pool for everybody else. Companies save money on insurance premiums when their employees don't use their insurance. Companies have already been selectively screening applicants who smoke or have pre-existing conditions and weeding them out for many years now. It's only going to get worse. 

It's one thing to demand everyone take responsibility for themselves and live a healthy lifestyle but to food and drug companies also have a responsibility to produce products that don't make us sick?

Food companies have been diligently fighting food labeling laws for ever. Everybody knows smoking is bad for you, if you smoke that is your fault, but if you are buying food that claims to be healthy but contains cancer causing chemicals that aren't disclosed is that the individuals fault?

• Platinum Contributing Member

IF you don't want to be honest with others at least be honest with yourself. The drop in life expectancy is from the opioid crisis. When 20 somethings start dropping left and right its brings the numbers down.

22 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

He is spot on. Food companies are knowingly poisoning us. Eating healthy is not easy and it's not cheap. Wife and I have been on a restorative health program for 9 months. Very few options while shopping and eating out is next to impossible when you look at all of the ingredients. 

I get why they do it, it would be crazy expensive to produce foods that expire in 2 weeks but the fact is our bodies are not used to consuming alot of these ingredients and it's taking a toll. Look at the rises in obesity, diabetes, gluten intolerance, auto immune, ADHD, cancer, autism, depression, etc... These foods are destroying our digestive system and our health. Try even buying non GMO or organic vegetables, it ain't that easy. 

There is some truth in what you wrote for sure, But...  One of america's biggest problems with food is our fucking portion sizes. It's ridiculous across the board.

There are many reasons for the bold above. GMO isn't it.  Obesity, Duh... Diabetes, Duh again, look what most people with diabetes drank in large quantities before getting diabetes.

gluten intolerance is what leads to becoming trans gender... ADHD, Discipline starved individuals. Cancer, everything including the russians. depression, so many causes... 

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then just cook your own food with real ingridients , not that hard. I do it every night.

With organic ingredients? Yeah so do we. Places to shop are limited and it's expensive. Our food bill more than doubled immediately. 

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Man. you guys really have lost touch with your base. :lol:

Upta camp the only news channel we get is CNN.  Holy shit.  They need their broadcast licenses yanked.  At minimum a disclaimer that they make no claims to be impartial.  My god no wonder the liberals are suicidal.  Onion is more down the middle than these liars.

43 minutes ago, JEFF said:

There is some truth in what you wrote for sure, But...  One of america's biggest problems with food is our fucking portion sizes. It's ridiculous across the board.

There are many reasons for the bold above. GMO isn't it.  Obesity, Duh... Diabetes, Duh again, look what most people with diabetes drank in large quantities before getting diabetes.

gluten intolerance is what leads to becoming trans gender... ADHD, Discipline starved individuals. Cancer, everything including the russians. depression, so many causes... 

What you/we don't know is that most people are gluten intolerant and don't know it. Wheat has been so hybridized over the years that our bodies can't break it down and it wreaks havoc on our digestive system. And we never know. Wife had testing done this year and found out she has Celiac's, she is totally allergic to gluten and never knew. 

And GMOs are dangerous not because of the nutritional aspect but because the pesticides are toxic. They are shredding apart our intestines. I've learned alot about this stuff this year. It's hard to eat completely clean and I would guess alot of families can't afford it. 

Get yourself a food sensitivity test, you will be very surprised what's going on inside of you and what's causing your ills...

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

With organic ingredients? Yeah so do we. Places to shop are limited and it's expensive. Our food bill more than doubled immediately. 

:bullshit:

Don't waste your money on organic it's a scam. Produce is the creepiest section in the grocery store

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Because unhealthy employers are expensive as fuck. It fucks up the risk pool for everybody else. Companies save money on insurance premiums when their employees don't use their insurance. Companies have already been selectively screening applicants who smoke or have pre-existing conditions and weeding them out for many years now. It's only going to get worse. 

It's one thing to demand everyone take responsibility for themselves and live a healthy lifestyle but to food and drug companies also have a responsibility to produce products that don't make us sick?

Food companies have been diligently fighting food labeling laws for ever. Everybody knows smoking is bad for you, if you smoke that is your fault, but if you are buying food that claims to be healthy but contains cancer causing chemicals that aren't disclosed is that the individuals fault?

You think you’re the first guy who’s hired a nutritionist or bought some overpriced diet kits? Cmon man.  It’s not rocket science, and no, all food companies aren’t trying to poison everyone.  Junk food is called junk food for a reason, I’m not going to lump in a head of broccoli or can of solid white tuna in water with a bag of Cheetos. :dunno: 

48 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Good points about portion sizes.  Throw in the sedentary lifestyles so many people have and you have alotta fat people.

4 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

What you/we don't know is that most people are gluten intolerant and don't know it. Wheat has been so hybridized over the years that our bodies can't break it down and it wreaks havoc on our digestive system. And we never know. Wife had testing done this year and found out she has Celiac's, she is totally allergic to gluten and never knew. 

And GMOs are dangerous not because of the nutritional aspect but because the pesticides are toxic. They are shredding apart our intestines. I've learned alot about this stuff this year. It's hard to eat completely clean and I would guess alot of families can't afford it. 

Get yourself a food sensitivity test, you will be very surprised what's going on inside of you and what's causing your ills...

I agree that some people have food sensitivity- allergies .My girl is allergic to eggs. Which really sucks. 

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

This all sounds agreeable to me with the exception of the bold.  These "poisons" may be considered that by some, but they aren't really hazardous.  Would I prefer not to have all these preservatives and fillers?  Absolutely!  Am I willing to pay for not having them (organic/farm fresh/ etc)?  NOPE!  And neither are most Americance.  Fact is, there are more preservative free opportunities now than ever before.  Almost every grovery carries organic fruits and vegetables and more options for "free" foods.  Is it expensive?  Hell yes.  But, it is supply and demand.  Period.

As far as the rises in some of the bold in the second, well, again...much of that comes from personal responsibility.  And quite frankly, some of it is overly fostered by medical "professionals" and big pharma.  Gluten is  fucking wheat!  ...and the destroyer of kids birthday parties because of parents being scared to death their kid may get a tummy ache!!!

Like sledding, diet is about priorities.  Wanna get into the sport of sledding...time to pony up!!  Wanna eat fresh fruits and veggies...no additives?  Better give up sledding.  :lol:

42 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I buy grass fed beef and grain fed pork at a local slaughter house. Prices are reasonable. I grow about 70% of the veggies I eat.

31 minutes ago, Momorider said:

:bullshit:

Don't waste your money on organic it's a scam. Produce is the creepiest section in the grocery store

Damn...never thought of it that way...but it's true! :lol:

Let's see...this organic, puny head of lettuce consisting of 4 leaves... $7.00.  Massive fucking basketball size lettice..... $1.00  "Ewww...but one was grown without pesticides!!!"  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This all sounds agreeable to me with the exception of the bold.  These "poisons" may be considered that by some, but they aren't really hazardous.  Would I prefer not to have all these preservatives and fillers?  Absolutely!  Am I willing to pay for not having them (organic/farm fresh/ etc)?  NOPE!  And neither are most Americance.  Fact is, there are more preservative free opportunities now than ever before.  Almost every grovery carries organic fruits and vegetables and more options for "free" foods.  Is it expensive?  Hell yes.  But, it is supply and demand.  Period.

As far as the rises in some of the bold in the second, well, again...much of that comes from personal responsibility.  And quite frankly, some of it is overly fostered by medical "professionals" and big pharma.  Gluten is  fucking wheat!  ...and the destroyer of kids birthday parties because of parents being scared to death their kid may get a tummy ache!!!

Like sledding, diet is about priorities.  Wanna get into the sport of sledding...time to pony up!!  Wanna eat fresh fruits and veggies...no additives?  Better give up sledding.  :lol:

I buy my 1/2 and 1/2 from a local farm in a glass bottle. If I don't use it within 5 days its junk. At the grocery store the sell by date on 1/2 & 1/2 is like 9 weeks away.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I buy grass fed beef and grain fed pork at a local slaughter house. Prices are reasonable. I grow about 70% of the veggies I eat.

We just started doing that, one of the perks of living in Indiana now. One of my good friends used to be a farmer and he got us hooked up. 

We grow veggies too but that only goes so far. 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

yep.  Hobby farms are HUGE up here.  (a bit liberal infested).  But it really is a good answer.  My green thumb is black but even I throw together a garden every year.  It's just cool to do.  Many up here have massive gardens and to be honest, they usually give us so much, my garden is a joke.  Some of these folks know how to grow some serious crops!!!!!  

I know some that only go to the grocery store for eggs and condiments.  They hunt and grow everything else.  Pantry and freezers full of food.  I just eat buckets of gluten..fuck it.  :lmao:

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

God you are pathetic.  

Actually, corporations have been trying to encourage a healthier work force for years with massive incentives and benefits for their employees.  A lot of talk was swirling about letting employees enter into health pools for insurance discounts.  Guess who squashed that idea!  Yup!!! 

“Thanks Obama!”

Come on Zam, I like having people miss work because they are unhealthy.   Its fucking awesome for my bottom line.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

yep.  Hobby farms are HUGE up here.  (a bit liberal infested).  But it really is a good answer.  My green thumb is black but even I throw together a garden every year.  It's just cool to do.  Many up here have massive gardens and to be honest, they usually give us so much, my garden is a joke.  Some of these folks know how to grow some serious crops!!!!!  

I know some that only go to the grocery store for eggs and condiments.  They hunt and grow everything else.  Pantry and freezers full of food.  I just eat buckets of gluten..fuck it.  :lmao:

I got the chikens for my eggs too. Originally got em for insect control. The eggs are an added bonus.

Just now, Highmark said:

Come on Zam, I like having people miss work because they are unhealthy.   Its fucking awesome for my bottom line.  

yeah...another CNN winner article.  If I ever suffer a major brain injury....I'll start watching and reading it in between having my mouth wiped of drool.  It'll all probably make sense at that point.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I got the chikens for my eggs too. Originally got em for insect control. The eggs are an added bonus.

Yeah....I know a few of them "chicken folk".  Or rather, know of them.  I guess most don't want the "livestock" aspect of self sustainment.  :dunno:

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

IF you don't want to be honest with others at least be honest with yourself. The drop in life expectancy is from the opioid crisis. When 20 somethings start dropping left and right its brings the numbers down.

Opiate crisis was kicked off by the pharmaceutical companies. Thanks for proving the OP point.