Check your account email address ×

AP FACT CHECK: Trump's 'middle-class miracle' favors

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He is getting them now for free.  Surely you can't be this naive?

Thats not how it works dude. :lol: He could have hired more sales guys TO SAVE tax liability. You spend money to save on taxes not the other way around. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We went through this around the beginning of August....pgs and pgs of Slinger proving he knew absolutely nothing about running a business.

Every damn thread he is in seems to go that way.  Pages and pages of explanations.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its like getting a better rate on the exchange than you booked.:lol:

That is a good comparison and should simplify it enough for slinger to be able to understand it.

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Thats not how it works dude. :lol: He could have hired more sales guys TO SAVE tax liability. You spend money to save on taxes not the other way around. :lol: 

Now his tax liability is less, so he has more to spend.  

Sure he can hire more sales guys, at what point do they not justify there wages.

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yes it is easy to figure out, as I already explained. I guess every widget manufacturer is suddenly going to start hiring too, so the workers can stand around doing nothing. you're going to have to do a lot more to get more money into the hands of the middle class if you want to drive demand and wages. a bread crumb only goes so far dude.

Simply put:  RIsk.

17 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We went through this around the beginning of August....pgs and pgs of Slinger proving he knew absolutely nothing about running a business.

I remember that and was involved.  His "widget" comment above reminded me of it.  It also reminded me not to get too deep in the expaination process because he doesn't get it.  And undoubtedly, failed to grasp my "risk" answer above too.

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

BOOM! Your more like me than you think

Poor XLT.  Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: he is still putting out more money than he has to. or do you think they don't mind that? and you ask me if I'm naïve?

Sure he is, but now its just sitting there in cash.  An owner can pay himself and his current employees more or can try to grow the business.  Or he/she can invest it buying another company/stocks etc.   Bringing in more sales that good, then you need to add more headcount and you need to hire the right people.  Its not automatic.

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

and dishonest. bunch of fucking pussies.

I have been nothing but completely honest in here, unlike many.

You and the liar are two of the most intellectually dishonest people here,:lol:

if this tax cut helped the middle class much more, fixed all the loop holes, dropped the corporate rate slightly, simplified taxes, didn't stick another dagger in obamacare I, and many other dems, would be perfectly fine with it.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

wtf have I lied or been dishonest about?

See above 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure he is, but now its just sitting there in cash.  An owner can pay himself and his current employees more or can try to grow the business.  Or he/she can invest it buying another company/stocks etc.   Bringing in more sales that good, then you need to add more headcount and you need to hire the right people.  Its not automatic.

dude just stop. if he was thinking about hiring new people there must be more sales out there, and that didn't happen over night as a result of the tax bill. if he had the sales out there he should have, and likely would have, hired them anyway, to make more money.

Edited by Snoslinger

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Now his tax liability is less, so he has more to spend.  

Sure he can hire more sales guys, at what point do they not justify there wages.

It doesnt cost $.01 more in tax to hire employees. If you are suggesting he is going to hire employees to fill up his new tax savings so he now has no savings? :lol: 

I am wasting far too much time here and I have alot of work to do. I havent gotten my tax savings yet so I still have to do this work myself. Ill check back in later tonight. Later bitches. 

so AC, let's go with another analogy, production workers. a widget manufacturer is running things very lean, highly profitable. they have just the right amount of production workers to meet demand, like most companies. company gets a huge tax cut. are they going to hire more production workers? and before you say they'll invest in capital or something, remember that already had tons of cash. why would they have not done it prior? :news:

Edited by Snoslinger

47 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

explain it. or do you think their sales picked up over the last two days? :lol:

It is all about perception.  Trump  has been great for small business .  To say different is being dishonest.

If it was just us, I could chalk it up to  some anomaly. Do you really believe people are going to take the extra money and stuff it under their mattress?  Even little things we used to do  around the shop we are now hiring out.  We bought new lights and paid an electrician to  install them. In the past we did it ourselves to save money.

Edited by Cold War

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

so AC, let's go with another analogy, production workers. a widget manufacturer is running things very lean, highly profitable. they have just the right amount of production workers to meet demand, like most companies. company gets a huge tax cut. are they going to hire more production workers? and before you say they'll invest in capital or something, remember that already had tons of cash. why would they have not done it prior? :news:

Like deja vu all over again. :lol:

Just now, Cold War said:

It is all about perception.  Trump  has been great for small business .  To say different is being dishonest.

If it was just us, I could chalk it up to  some anomaly. Do you really believe people are going to take the extra money and stuff it under their mattress?  Even little things we used to around the shop we are now hiring out.  We bought new lights and paid an electrician to  install them. In the past we did it ourselves to save money.

most middle classers are going to go to walmart and buy some Chinese junk with their tax savings. a very short term gain with no real bite. the ultra wealthy will not let any of it trickle down, as they didn't let any trickle down prior when they had tons of cash. big corporations will buy back stock and a host of other things, rather than let it flow down to the middle class. you bought new lights and had someone else do the work because the economy in general picked up, nothing to with any tax plans.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yep, you doing nothing but making lame responses and staying out of the ring.

Youve being saying the samething for over a year now regarding Trump....

And his admin just keeps beating you down....thats got to be tough....you should try to get over it.....

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

most middle classers are going to go to walmart and buy some Chinese junk with their tax savings. a very short term gain with no real bite. the ultra wealthy will not let any of it trickle down, as they didn't let any trickle down prior when they had tons of cash. big corporations will buy back stock and a host of other things, rather than let it flow down to the middle class. you bought new lights and had someone else do the work because the economy in general picked up, nothing to with any tax plans.

You missed the point.  Directly no, but peoples perception is they have  someone who is business friendly, and it is renewing their faith in the economy.

They would buy that shit anyway. A record number of people are traveling, buying new cars, equipment, etc.

Edited by Cold War

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

yep, you doing nothing but making lame responses and staying out of the ring.

No, he's really right, dude.  This was hashed over last summer with you.  Seemingly word for word based on what I'm seeing.  You aren't understanding the business side economics.  Or, refuse to see it.  

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

So the shovel ready / cash for clunkers bills are in the same neighborhood as far as costs as this tax cut the only difference is who decides where the money goes. Given the choice between a Washington hack and the average tax payer I will pick the average tax payer rich or poor to make better decisions with money. Plus you are not giving the tax payers anything you are just taking less from them.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, he's really right, dude.  This was hashed over last summer with you.  Seemingly word for word based on what I'm seeing.  You aren't understanding the business side economics.  Or, refuse to see it.  

I was camping that weekend....and spent way to much time reading slingers posts..... It was painful.