Check your account email address ×

Got a home equity loan?

50 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Don't give me that crap . You live within a half hour of me , you saw what went on the last time just like I did .   And when they all crashed and burned..... yeah , it fucked up the economy all right .  The repo man made out good tho.   :bc:

How many here do you think have equity loans?

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

And most likely because it was used for business it would still be deductible like it is now. In that case the write off is against the business income not the personal side 

I closed that line years ago. We have a line with a bank now so I don't need it anymore. Funny how when I needed those banks they wouldn't give me the time of day. Now that I don't need them they are lining up to suck my cock. Dicks. 

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I took some on my rental too in 04  but it was to replace cash that I had already pumped into the building .  :bc:

:bc:

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

um not true company Christmas party entertainment . mast all whores take cards and also sell blow lol

We had a salesman get busted for that. 30k in call girls in one year. His old lady (soon to be ex) sent her lawyers to our office to get our entertainment documents. That was one of the funniest fucking story's ever. 

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Oh I get it......Your savings today will be ten time in debt in less than ten years.

every sane conservative knows this.

I guess I'm not following you.  Can you explain this to me in simple terms please.  

16 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I closed that line years ago. We have a line with a bank now so I don't need it anymore. Funny how when I needed those banks they wouldn't give me the time of day. Now that I don't need them they are lining up to suck my cock. Dicks. 

my friend works for a German bank . he made piles of money in 08/09 .they were about the only ones lending . I don't think he was home more than 4 weeks in 2 yrs  . non stop flying around to businesses.

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

But don't they make you pull a minimum ??   :bc:

nope they might charge a fee to have it open but $50 a year to have it available is worth it as getting one when you need it might be tough.  the credit union charges nothing on mine

Just now, Angry ginger said:

nope they might charge a fee to have it open but $50 a year to have it available is worth it as getting one when you need it might be tough.  the credit union charges nothing on mine

Damn , I should look into that .  I don't wanna work this summer  :lol:   :bc: 

Just now, Sal Rosenberg said:

No , an f4 Phantom in the back yard ...... wtf , Dave , smh .   :bc:

Then why not call it that....my line of credit is alot more then my little shack is worth. :lol:

Ive always assumed a home equity loan was for renos...ive never enquired about one. :dunno:

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Then why not call it that....my line of credit is alot more then my little shack is worth. :lol:

Ive always assumed a home equity loan was for renos...ive never enquired about one. :dunno:

It's one thing to have it ,  quite another to do what people were doing with it back in 03 - 09 .   Household incomes of 125k a year yet everyone had 3 kids , new furniture , 2 new cars , 350k house , streetglide in the garage ect ect ect .   Just refi the house or pull equity every 2 or 3 years when it's starts getting too hard to swim or the neighbors come home with a new Volvo .

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It's one thing to have it ,  quite another to do what people were doing with it back in 03 - 09 .   Household incomes of 125k a year yet everyone had 3 kids , new furniture , 2 new cars , 350k house , streetglide in the garage ect ect ect .   Just refi the house or pull equity every 2 or 3 years when it's starts getting too hard to swim or the neighbors come home with a new Volvo .

Ah ic what youre saying....maybe I should have back read some more....

It seems like big change to take that write off away. But that probably did cause a lot of problems for people when the crash came.

At the time it was suggested that it wouldn't happen in Canada because we tend to pay off our houses. 

That was before 9 years of historically low interest rates. 

A lot of people cranked their debts through the roof. 

I guess we'll see what happens next time. 

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It seems like big change to take that write off away. But that probably did cause a lot of problems for people when the crash came.

At the time it was suggested that it wouldn't happen in Canada because we tend to pay off our houses. 

That was before 9 years of historically low interest rates. 

A lot of people cranked their debts through the roof. 

I guess we'll see what happens next time. 

Pretty sure our personal debt levels are quite a bit higher than the Americans.  Was there a point?

• Platinum Contributing Member

For anyone with a HE interest deduction did it make or break you and would have it pushed you over the 24k standard deduct and lower rates?   More ignorant outrage.  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

For anyone with a HE interest deduction did it make or break you and would have it pushed you over the 24k standard deduct and lower rates?   More ignorant outrage.  

Ignorant outrage says the conservative that loves the 1.5 trillion added to the debt.

wacko

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ignorant outrage says the conservative that loves the 1.5 trillion added to the debt.

wacko

Better the people have their money than the govt.