Check your account email address ×

Credit Checks on you by someone else

you can get a free credit report,  if they are like the reports i see in the lending side it will show anyone who has pulled your credit if it was a "hard" pull.    

You may want to freeze your credit which will keep anyone from being able to open new credit in your name.  

Just now, Woodtick said:

:pc:

Racer is like the kid that comes out of the bathroom with toilet paper hanging out of his pants......you know its low hanging fruit but sweet fuck just try and resist pointing and laughing :lol: 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Racer is like the kid that comes out of the bathroom with toilet paper hanging out of his pants......you know its low hanging fruit but sweet fuck just try and resist pointing and laughing :lol: 

:lol:  that’s the best strung together paragraph of words I’ve read in maybe 20 years. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

you can get a free credit report,  if they are like the reports i see in the lending side it will show anyone who has pulled your credit if it was a "hard" pull.    

You may want to freeze your credit which will keep anyone from being able to open new credit in your name.  

I’m on good terms with the guy that wrote my home loan. If I was every curious about a hard pull occurring I’d just go to him. Is there some way that can be done by the individual quickly?  

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:news::lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I had a car dealership recently fuck with my credit score/report because I wasn't letting myself get ripped off and walked out of the joint after blowing up there attempt at fuckery on me,..hard pull on my credit report with notes saying I could not qualify for loan due to poor credit..still dealing with it and fucking pissed to say the least as I take my credit extremely important 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I had a car dealership recently fuck with my credit score/report because I wasn't letting myself get ripped off and walked out of the joint after blowing up there attempt at fuckery on me,..hard pull on my credit report with notes saying I could not qualify for loan due to poor credit..still dealing with it and fucking pissed to say the least as I take my credit extremely important 

Blow their name up all over social media over it. If they did it to you, they did it to many. Then go smash their face in to the hood of a car.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I have a feeling there is a great story in here somewhere :lol: 

Not really anything except someone I know.  This person knows way more about my finances and my family finances then they should and I can only think they are using their employer to check on this stuff that they shouldn't.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Not really anything except someone I know.  This person knows way more about my finances and my family finances then they should and I can only think they are using their employer to check on this stuff that they shouldn't.

tell us more.... :pc: 

I don't have credit anymore. BUT....just do a soft pull from a gment site.  You can get one free every year.  Or it may be two now.  It'll show any "hard pulls" (actual credit checks for goods or services applied for).

Then, write each of the major agencies and have them lock your credit.  I can't remember but I don't think there is a fee for it.  When you know you need it again, you can have them unlock it long enough to pull it, then lock it back up.

:bc:

18 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's illegal.

Just now, Woodtick said:

Yup. A cop can't keep running your name for no reason either.:bc:

Very true.  Not saying it doesn't happen but one's authorization (passive with the LEO) is authorization for ONE pull of background or credit.  That's it.

There was a cop some years ago that got popped for pulling information on the hot chicks he pulled over to try to hook-up with them.  :lol: He was married too.  Keystoner.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’m on good terms with the guy that wrote my home loan. If I was every curious about a hard pull occurring I’d just go to him. Is there some way that can be done by the individual quickly?  

credit karma is kind of trash when i comes to the actual score being what we use as a lender but the pulls i believe are accurate

your buddy should not be pulling credit unless there is a legit reason,  we have to track every report pulled to the applicant and have all the appropriate government monitoring info there.  i remember the days we'd pull for friends or if we were renting out places but the tracking is much more serious as are the penalties.  

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

there is no mechanism for that to actually happen,  we see pulls not whether someone was approved or denied outside the obvious of there being a new tradeline. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there is no mechanism for that to actually happen,  we see pulls not whether someone was approved or denied outside the obvious of there being a new tradeline. 

Got a letter right from Fuccilo Nissan saying sorry we could not get you a loan for a new vehicle based on your credit score (high 700 btw) I never applied for a loan, I let them run my credit score, that's it..they could not come through on and appropriate deal, fucking offering me 20k for my trade in worth 33k and paying full sticker for a titan HD 52k.. Fuccilo Nissan sucks my fucking cock!