Check your account email address ×

Winter 2017

16 minutes ago, brother groove said:

Over 600 miles in 5 days in Petawawa, lots of snow, trails were being  groomed on weekend

file (003).jpeg

Puzzleboy says not possible to put 600 miles on a CAT...especially in 5 days!

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

A ZR is a real Cat, Stonedy.  Back when they built good, reliable, and good handling snowmobiles. 

Not like today's average stuff. 

First year Zr with diamond drive would like to have a chat with you :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

A ZR is a real Cat, Stonedy.  Back when they built good, reliable, and good handling snowmobiles. 

Not like today's average stuff. 

Oh, you are up....its not after midnight when puzzled usually adds his 2 cents :)

So, just so we all understand you, yo are stating CAT actually built good reliable sleds that handled well......

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

How about those broken drivers too....recall making up some skis with branches to tow one out of the bush :lol:

Well, they handled well, anyway.  Borrowed a ZR back in the day..... was better cornering than my ZX Ski-Doo. 

There must be a reason everybody copied the A-arms.  Of course, Cat copied that from the automotive industry.  :)

Kev, yep, should have excluded the Diamonds. 

OK, back to bed now...... had a nightmare last night that 850s were blowing up.....

Edited by Puzzleboy

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

How about those broken drivers too....recall making up some skis with branches to tow one out of the bush :lol:

I saw one being towed on a magic carpet :lol: good times.  

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Well, they handled well, anyway.  Borrowed a ZR back in the day..... was better cornering than my ZX Ski-Doo. 

There must be a reason everybody copied the A-arms.  Of course, Cat copied that from the automotive industry.  :)

Kev, yep, should have excluded the Diamonds. 

OK, back to bed now...... had a nightmare last night that I bought a Sidewinder.....

:guzzle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

My 2006 F7 diamond drive was great, no issues; however, there were some issues with the early d drives....once worked out, the diamond drive was very reliable and with less rolling parts it was great......For the same argument the old chain drive fails too, my buddies 2003 F7 chaincase self destructed right beside me while we were cruising down the lake....sad day for him, chain put a hole through the case and belly pan.....nothing money can't fix and did...... I towed him home behind my 2006 MXZ 800, he was so shamed.......Puzzle just creamed himself.....

6 minutes ago, Poncho said:

My 2006 F7 diamond drive was great, no issues; however, there were some issues with the early d drives....once worked out, the diamond drive was very reliable and with less rolling parts it was great......For the same argument the old chain drive fails too, my buddies 2003 F7 chaincase self destructed right beside me while we were cruising down the lake....sad day for him, chain put a hole through the case and belly pan.....nothing money can't fix and did...... I towed him home behind my 2006 MXZ 800, he was so shamed.......Puzzle just creamed himself.....

had the 06 F7-R (chain case) and enjoyed it.  

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

had the 06 F7-R (chain case) and enjoyed it.  

If you had an -R....chaincase for sure.  There were no reverse 06 F7 DD's.  Mine was a Sno Pro version.....I put a 1 inch track on it......no one could figure out why mine was so much faster than a comparable Sno-Pro F7.....so sneaky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poncho said:

If you had an -R....chaincase for sure.  There were no reverse 06 F7 DD's.  Mine was a Sno Pro version.....I put a 1 inch track on it......no one could figure out why mine was so much faster than a comparable Sno-Pro F7.....so sneaky.

had the birch point kit in  it and was beating on mach Z 1000's with no problem.  

2 minutes ago, Poncho said:

It didn't work either way, the sled was faster stock and more reliable stock.....imagine that.....lol

mine was only a 2 year sled.  the drive bearings went in the middle of year 2.  Other than being fast, the sled was mostly a POS.  

14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

mine was only a 2 year sled.  the drive bearings went in the middle of year 2.  Other than being fast, the sled was mostly a POS.  

I replaced mine in 2008 with an IQ700, which was a great sled, then an 2009 XP 800.....and then a 2010 GSX1200...then 2014 Indy 800, and now 2017 XCR 800.....when will this madness stop....!

Edited by Poncho

7 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I replaced mine in 2008 with an IQ700, which was a great sled, then an 2009 XP 800.....and then a 2010 GSX1200...then 2014 Indy 800, and now 2017 XCR 800.....when will this madness stop....!

When you have five vintage sleds .........