Check your account email address ×

Hey Canadians... what you got to say about this?

Canadian landlord fined $12G for not taking shoes off in Muslim tenant's home

Published July 10, 2017

A Canadian landlord who was fined $12,000 for wearing shoes in a Muslim tenant's home said he felt "humiliated" by the harsh penalty levied by a national human rights tribunal.

In an interview with the Toronto Sun, John Alabi, 52, of Brampton, recounted how he went above and beyond trying to accommodate the Egyptian-born couple who lived in the apartment for two months – just to be slapped with a steep fine for the shoe incident. 

"I go beyond all that. I just see everybody as human beings like me. That’s why I took them in," Alabi told the Toronto Sun in May. "We got along. And then all of a sudden I’m a racist?"

MUSLIM ACTIVIST SUGGESTS RESISTING TRUMP IS A 'FORM OF JIHAD'

The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario ordered Alabi in April to pay the tenants $6,000 each after he failed to take his shoes off in the bedroom were the couple prayed while he was showing the home to potential renters. The couple, who moved into first floor of the home in December 2014, terminated their lease on Feb. 28, 2015. 

The tribunal also said Alabi "harassed" the couple and "created a poisoned housing environment." Though he would give them 24-hour notice of the showing, he would often fail to provide a 5-minute warning, according to the Toronto Sun. 

"I was humiliated, I was made to feel I have no rights, I was made to feel that I’m not wanted in society," Alabi said. "I feel powerless. They rented my place for only two months. Two months! It’s just not fair." 

JORDAN, KUWAIT CARRIERS LIFT LAPTOP BAN ON US FLIGHTS

Alabi told the news site the couple never had an issue when he wore his shoes in the home to do repairs. Then they filed a grievance eight months after the last incident, the Toronto Sun reported. 

"I have been victimized,” Alabi said. "They are using their religion to victimize me."

The couple even found a Facebook post on Alabi's page to help their case. The landlord claimed he doesn't have the money to pay the fine on top of legal fees. 

"I don’t have the money. I work very hard. If they go into my bank account right now, I don’t have $12,000 there," Alabi said, adding that he has rented the space for 15 years to help pay his mortgage. 

Last week news site Rebel News Service launched a crowdfunding page to help Alabi pay for the fine. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/10/canadian-landlord-fined-12g-for-not-taking-shoes-off-in-muslim-tenants-home.html

"national human rights tribunal"

Sounds like some faggoty ass bullshit right there ......embarrassing is what it is....like ICEWOMAN was running the show or something 

13 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Thankfully this is the biggest problem in our country right now

And you're ok with that...even if its costing the taxpayer....

• Like 1

Locally a Muslim couple filed a million dollar  lawsuit against Little Ceasers pizza.

Some swine  peperoni got on their pizza and they unwittingly ate it......causing severe physical, mental, distress.   

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

"national human rights tribunal"

Sounds like some faggoty ass bullshit right there ......embarrassing is what it is....like ICEWOMAN was running the show or something 

It's a kangaroo court, something our supreme court is fast becoming.

• Like 2

I would say it's bullshit. That it's a made up story by rebel media. 

Sorry. I would have said it's a made up story. But we just gave 10 million to someone for graduating from terrorist school. So who fucking knows what is real. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Sorry. I would have said it's a made up story. But we just gave 10 million to someone for graduating from terrorist school. So who fucking knows what is real. 

No it isn't, it happened back in Dec and the guy followed the Landlord and Tenant Act with notices for showing the place to new prospective tenants.  It is bullshit and very true.

Trudeau should be charged with treason for paying off a POS.

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No it isn't, it happened back in Dec and the guy followed the Landlord and Tenant Act with notices for showing the place to new prospective tenants.  It is bullshit and very true.

Trudeau should be charged with treason for paying off a POS.

That is so fucked. Sounds like the landlord was being a dick on purpose. Who walks into someone's bedroom with their shoes on? But the amount is just stupid. 

Same with the 10 million. Even if (big fucking if) his rights were violated. Why the fuck is it 10million?

stupid just stupid. 

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That is so fucked. Sounds like the landlord was being a dick on purpose. Who walks into someone's bedroom with their shoes on? But the amount is just stupid. 

Same with the 10 million. Even if (big fucking if) his rights were violated. Why the fuck is it 10million?

stupid just stupid. 

It was the landlords fucking property......the fucking muzzy was probably wiping his fucking ass with his hand and going unwashed so the shoes on in the bedroom wasnt even a consideration. I'd burn my fucking rental down before I rented it to anyone but a middle class white person :lol: 

18 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

stupid just stupid. 

First thing I say to guests is keep your shoes on, we know how to sweep and wash. :bc:

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

stupid just stupid. 

He likely was a dick, but it pales in comparison to the tenants.  He followed the rules as known and a new kangaroo court muddied the waters.  Its why I won't own a residential rental.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He likely was a dick, but it pales in comparison to the tenants.  He followed the rules as known and a new kangaroo court muddied the waters.  Its why I won't own a residential rental.

Yeah. 3 months rent. He was already losing out by having them there for a short amount of time. Then they pull this shit. 

Did he appeal?

16 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yeah. 3 months rent. He was already losing out by having them there for a short amount of time. Then they pull this shit. 

Did he appeal?

Don't know if he did.  Was likely a lost cause.

17 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Did he appeal?

Scratchy-vag Monday? :dunno:

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

stupid just stupid. 

There it is! 

Revkev has proven in this thread that he has zero experience with renters , a typical libtard knowitall , as long as it costs him nothing and it's the landlords fault 

A typical pos asshole,parasite on  society, and libtards wonder why there is a shrinking amount of low income housing,

yeah it is ok to wipe your ass with your finger spreading fecal mater on every surface of my rental but  don't you dare keep shoes  on in the building you own.fuck that I bought a case of disposable painter suits for my guys when they have to go in to those animals homes now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

these are your kind pushing this shit .own it

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

stupid just stupid. 

like I said  white 1 pc painters suits for all my guy s when they have to walk in to one of those shit infested homes . the rubber gloves and boot covers were not enough to make them comfortable and In don't blame them . like I would even think of walking in one of there homes with no shoes yeah right

• Like 1