Check your account email address ×

The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Not signed in

Not signed in

Thats my buddy Z. He has a bad year, his hockey team sucks and he takes it out on Badger. :kiss:WTH?? Three post?? 

Edited by Badger**

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

There's a first for everything...

Well, it may be the second.  I'd say third but he'd disagree and off we go! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

You're new here...

Fucking newbie.  Another HCS faggot that comes over here like that are somebody!   :lol:

2 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

Thats my buddy Z. He has a bad year, his hockey team sucks and he takes it out on Badger. :kiss:WTH?? Three post?? 

HEY!  Fucker...we're doing outstanding...all of  our teams.  I'll show you at our next group hug and smores roast how to read hockey stats...fucking Wisconsin guys!

:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

The site is trying to make up for all the time you've been away :lol:

8 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

A lot of teams broke the rule but only one was DQ'd which despite Vince's stupid Falcons and high school sports analogies is the whole issue.

The Falcons didn't get DQ'd either  :news:

The very race marshal that dq'd these guy's recited the rule in detail at the riders meeting .  He added to the line about no outside help touching the sleds with " Unless it's beyond your control"     That has been confirmed by many of the riders who were at that meeting .          The locals who were touching the sled for a few seconds were told by the riders to stop which they did .   

• Like 2

I get that also but was the part about them saying stop on tape? if so all here say even if true . not trying to be a ahole but as a judge all u can go by is the black and whit rulebook and evidence . the evidence is clear for all to see and understand. the hear say is just that unless there was a judge or 2 there watching . again not hard for every ridder to be fitted with a cam . every tool with a toy owns one now . a cam hooked in to a sat phone for live streaming is not a crazy thing to outfit the top contenders with . the live feeds and sponsorship on the feed pages would pay for it all .

9 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

the race marshal had it out for Team 8.

guy should pony up 130k out of his pocket and forever be barred from the iron dog. 

could be true so he prob set up a camera  crew flipped some guys a few bucks to push the bumpers of team 8.and to cover his trail of vengeance he made dam sure to read the no assistance rule in the drivers meeting .

the guy is good got to give him credit not just for the set up but the four site that it would be needed .  

Just got back to civilization after 3 grueling days at beautiful Hot Spring Resort where over 60% of the guests were 25 year old asian females that weighted 115lbs.  Wowza was that hard to take...........

OK. So let me ask everyone this.  Let's pretend that no one was pushing down on the rear bumpers of either sled for a minute. Help me understand how Tyson Johnson arrives at a fuel stop, pulls up close enough to a full 5 gallon jug of fuel (which is sitting in a foot of powder snow), unscrews his gas cap, grabs the jug with one hand, stuffs the nozzle of the jug in his filler neck with the other, then hoists the jug inverted and empties it's contents in his tank........ without every getting off the seat of the sled?  

If you think he got off the seat of his sled, grabbed the fuel jug, poked the nozzle in and then sat back down while he was dumping the contents into his tank. Have you ever seen anyone do this before?  Have you ever refuelled your sled with a 5 gallon jug while sitting on the seat?

I would like for all the people who think Team 8 got absolutely no assistance at that fuel stop to describe exactly how Tyson was able to refuel in this situation while sitting on the seat of his sled.  Everyone's boots have snow on them but his.  How did he do it?

I asked this same question to no less than a dozen racers and race supporters at the finish line and every single one said he couldn't have done it without the local handing him the jug.  I asked Team 8's crew members at the finish line while we were all waiting for everyone to arrive and they looked at me and didn't say one word.  

It wasn't just the 2 guys pushing down on the rear bumpers.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, snopro31 said:

the race marshal had it out for Team 8.

guy should pony up 130k out of his pocket and forever be barred from the iron dog. 

You have no idea what you're talking about.  Zippo.

This has been a rule for the last few years.  Iron Dog specifically reminded the racers of this rule at several race meetings.  There are no race officials at this refueling point so they had to make the rule specific and harsh.  The rule was read aloud for all the racers to hear just 1.5 days before the infraction.  

It doesn't matter which team was being assisted at this refuelling location, the Iron Dog's hands were tied.  They absolutely had to enforce the rule.  If they hadn't then every team who finished behind Team 8 would have a prima facie case against the Iron Dog.  Even the sponsors and manufacturers of the slighted teams would have sued.  

22 hours ago, snopro31 said:

considering all decisions on the final portion of the race aren't to be made until fairbanks it shows hes guilty. 

but all the racers signing that petition shows that the integrity of the race is long gone.

so are u saying team 8 did not break any rules it was all photo shop ?

are u saying the rules in the rule book  are just guidelines only to be followed if u are out to get somebody?

36 minutes ago, Dave said:

So the dq ruling could be overturned?

From what I read the ID has asked tyler and tyson to present their version of events in writing.  ID wants TnT to describe to the best of their ability exactly what transpired at the fuel stop. ID already has written testimony from several people present at the fuel stop.  ID wants TnT to discuss with them what options may be acceptable while looking for a workable soluting.  ID also acknowledged that TnT's story changed a few times as they interviewed them and several other eye witnesses on the day of the incident.  

IMO the ID is 100% correct in the DQ.  But, TnT are highly revered racers in this organization.  ID doesn't want the bad press so they working hard on a mutually agreeable solution.    This is likely to include $$$$$$$.   

12 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

From what I read the ID has asked tyler and tyson to present their version of events in writing.  ID wants TnT to describe to the best of their ability exactly what transpired at the fuel stop. ID already has written testimony from several people present at the fuel stop.  ID wants TnT to discuss with them what options may be acceptable while looking for a workable soluting.  ID also acknowledged that TnT's story changed a few times as they interviewed them and several other eye witnesses on the day of the incident.  

IMO the ID is 100% correct in the DQ.  But, TnT are highly revered racers in this organization.  ID doesn't want the bad press so they working hard on a mutually agreeable solution.    This is likely to include $$$$$$$.   

Should be an interesting outcome...imo race loses all cred if its overturned...but if evidence of others recieving help is also submitted...and not dqed....what then? Lol