Check your account email address ×

Northern Manitoba man was mistaken for an animal while he was trapping and was shot

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Probably wasn't an accident.  Not gonna lie, I'd take the shot.  I got no feelings at all for trappers.  Zero. 

How did he survive this shooting?  A shit shooter.  Prolly from Chicago.

Not a huge fan of trapping but it serves a purpose.....especially with trash panda's.   Fucking things are like mice around here with fewer and fewer people hunting them.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not a huge fan of trapping but it serves a purpose.....especially with trash panda's.   Fucking things are like mice around here with fewer and fewer people hunting them.

"Trash pandas".  :lol: 

That's not really what I was talking about though.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"Trash pandas".  :lol: 

That's not really what I was talking about though.

Great way to help control predators like yotes as well.   Again I'm not a fan of trapping and wouldn't do it myself but left unchecked some of these species would wipe out many others.  

Wish there was a more humane way of doing it.   I especially don't approve of trappers that don't follow the law and check their traps every 24 hours.   

Ever see what a family of river otters will do to a section of a river or good fish pond.   Wipe the fucker completely out then move on.   Some things need to have their population controlled or kept in check......liberals are another example.  :lol:    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'd bet he accidentally shot himself dorking around like a clown...then made up the rest.

No way. 

The locals up there aint dorking around like a clown.  They aren't the "tv children" from Yukon Men like frankie.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Meth 

Ever see the cop shows where a guy is standing around in brutal cold sweating profusely because of meth?   Yeah give me some of that.  :lol:  

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

They trapped the Baskahegan River for beaver for as long as I remembered. Dad and I went up to fish it and all the streams leading in had been dammed, for miles on end. Stopped trapping them. Ruined everything.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

They trapped the Baskahegan River for beaver for as long as I remembered. Dad and I went up to fish it and all the streams leading in had been dammed, for miles on end. Stopped trapping them. Ruined everything.

Yeah if beavers aren’t trapped out they can destroy an area in a hurry 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Month or so back I was hauling some firewood in & using a headlamp as it was dark. I could hear Coon dogs working a few miles or so off to the East (cold night & sound traveled well). I hear something coming thru the woods, I shine light that way & stood still. A Coon goes running past heading West at a steady clip. Was it coincidence that he was going away from Coon dogs way off in distance - or did he know from previous experience to get out of Dodge??

Edited by ford_428cj

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Month or so back I was hauling some firewood in & using a headlamp as it was dark. I could hear Coon dogs working a few miles or so off to the East (cold night & sound traveled well). I hear something coming thru the woods, I shine light that way & stood still. A Coon goes running past heading West at a steady clip. Was it coincidence that he was going away from Coon dogs way off in distance - or did he know from previous experience to get out of Dodge??

Could be the dogs.   Could have been something else too.

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Probably wasn't an accident.  Not gonna lie, I'd take the shot.  I got no feelings at all for trappers.  Zero. 

How did he survive this shooting?  A shit shooter.  Prolly from Chicago.

I would bet it was INTENTIONAL.