Check your account email address ×

Mach 1 name could return for 2020 ?

would it be cool if BRP brings twin pipes / larger throttle bodies for 2020 for their 850 Etec?  something we have not seen since 1995-1996 Mach 1 670's  with twin pipes and larger TB's we would be talking 185 HP if not closer to 190 HP.  I remember back in the 90s the differences between Mach 1 and Formula STX 670 was 40mm carbs vs 44 mm carbs and twin pipes.  it will sell like hotcakes if it ever comes out. this scenario is more realistic than triple 2S e-tec in my opinion. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Mach 1 would and should be that new 900 turbo 4 stroke that is currently the fastest sled skidoo makes

Mach Z is the only fitting name for the fastest SkiDoo sled. 

1) Mach Z

2) Mach 1

3) FIII

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Mach Z is the only fitting name for the fastest SkiDoo sled. 

1) Mach Z

2) Mach 1

3) FIII

They already had a Mach Z redux with less than stellar results.

5 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

As a matter of fact yes. 17 Renegade 850 vs 19 900T. Not very close at all. Both stock. 

:bc: 

I like the two strokes the best anyway. Wouldn’t be as much fun without the braap braap!

9 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

would it be cool if BRP brings twin pipes / larger throttle bodies for 2020 for their 850 Etec?  something we have not seen since 1995-1996 Mach 1 670's  with twin pipes and larger TB's we would be talking 185 HP if not closer to 190 HP.  I remember back in the 90s the differences between Mach 1 and Formula STX 670 was 40mm carbs vs 44 mm carbs and twin pipes.  it will sell like hotcakes if it ever comes out. this scenario is more realistic than triple 2S e-tec in my opinion. 

Don't hold your breath be sweet but not happening. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Mach 1 would and should be that new 900 turbo 4 stroke that is currently the fastest sled skidoo makes

Agreed

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Fastest? No.

I’ve ridden  my turbo for about 450 miles now, and came off a 17 switchback assault. I have also written several 850 skidoo‘s. I haven’t lined up side-by-side yet but honest seat of the pants this turbo feels way faster.  it gets to 100 and is still pulling hard when any two-stroke is already flattening out.  If the if you want to race I would be guessing it’s traction related. Hopefully I will find out a little more this weekend with more seat time.  Dino tech today good comparison, and even though the two stroke has more peak horsepower, the range is so narrow and ends much sooner, the advantage goes to the turbo. I guess we will see

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Agreed

I’ve ridden  my turbo for about 450 miles now, and came off a 17 switchback assault. I have also written several 850 skidoo‘s. I haven’t lined up side-by-side yet but honest seat of the pants this turbo feels way faster.  it gets to 100 and is still pulling hard when any two-stroke is already flattening out.  If the if you want to race I would be guessing it’s traction related. Hopefully I will find out a little more this weekend with more seat time.  Dino tech today good comparison, and even though the two stroke has more peak horsepower, the range is so narrow and ends much sooner, the advantage goes to the turbo. I guess we will see

I like the 900T (haven’t ridden one though). The easy tune power you can add to that thing is very appealing. Plus for an extra 30 lbs, fuck two strokes that last 3000 miles. Fill us in when you get the suspension and traction set up. 

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I like the 900T (haven’t ridden one though). The easy tune power you can add to that thing is very appealing. Plus for an extra 30 lbs, fuck two strokes that last 3000 miles. Fill us in when you get the suspension and traction set up. 

Mine is only an Adrenaline with the cheap shocks and 1.25” track, and I bought on the quick after my Assault motor grenaded.  The motor is way better than I expected.  I don’t even care if the 850s are faster honestly, it’s the way that this thing makes power that is so cool. It just feels like it’s not working hard at all.  And compared to my 12 cat turbo, it feels a lot livelier and lighter.  I’ll probably throw some good shocks on it in the off season and run it for a couple seasons.  :bc: 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

2005 to 2007 Mach Z was the fastest Ski Doo sled though

Oh I know but they were beset with issues unfortunately....I remember  the first time I saw an original Mach Z...my little 583 cowered in fear! 🤣

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Mine is only an Adrenaline with the cheap shocks and 1.25” track, and I bought on the quick after my Assault motor grenaded.  The motor is way better than I expected.  I don’t even care if the 850s are faster honestly, it’s the way that this thing makes power that is so cool. It just feels like it’s not working hard at all.  And compared to my 12 cat turbo, it feels a lot livelier and lighter.  I’ll probably throw some good shocks on it in the off season and run it for a couple seasons.  :bc: 

I had a 900T XRS gade near me that I almost bought up. Was too slow on the trigger and it sold. Now we have the best trails in S. WI that we’ve had in 5 years.. Smh. I don’t care if I’m the fastest. I want something I never have to worry about and is fun. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I’d be all over that in a heart beat. They used to do stuff like that. The 850 is just screaming to be turned up 

FA725ECE-852B-4F9B-B797-1760250186F3.png

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’d be all over that in a heart beat. They used to do stuff like that. The 850 is just screaming to be turned up 

I’m at the back doctor getting some stem cell injections right now.  I had a 91 Mach 1 back in the day that I amped up with twin Decker pipes, k&n filters, etc..  I think that suspension is why my back is damaged.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m at the back doctor getting some stem cell injections right now.  I had a 91 Mach 1 back in the day that I amped up with twin Decker pipes, k&n filters, etc..  I think that suspension is why my back is damaged.  :lol: 

hope that works for you,  wifes foots better but not perfect after hers.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

hope that works for you,  wifes foots better but not perfect after hers.  

Thanks.  It better, cuz it ain’t fun and I retweaked it dragging my gear bag up my driveway in 8” of crust, then trying to snow blow it all the next morning :bc: 

15 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Jaws has had some impressive gains with a single on the Doo 850.  

Keep in mind there isn't much room under today's "hoods" for twins.  These aren't that bathtubs of yesteryear.  

Mark my word we will see a factory turbo 2 stroke for the mountains before we see factory twins.  

Edited by Highmark