Check your account email address ×

What do you pay for homeowners ins?

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

240,000 and an extra 0 = ?  :lol:

Neal

:lol: holy fuck how could I miss that. Apparently booz affects my normaly amazing quick math skills 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Damn that is cheap......and Damn you are a baller !!!!!!!!!111111

Really, it's the dirt is what's worth the $$.  Not really insuring that, just the wood, bricks and contents that sit on it. 

I'm about $950 / yr and my place is appraised at $500K

2 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Really, it's the dirt is what's worth the $$.  Not really insuring that, just the wood, bricks and contents that sit on it. 

That makes sense

i pay about $1680 a year for about 3000 sqft home and 1000 sqft shop.  Being lake front increases the premium slightly.  Ive lived in the same home for 30 years and had it paid off for over 5 and never had one claim so that lowers the rates just slightly.  My house is insured for about $400k replacement cost with $200k in contents replacement.  

I don't have any pets so that lowers the premium by about $200 per month........  :news:  

41 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Yep.  My 1.7 acre lake front lot is worth almost half of what the structures are worth.  It's unreal what people are willing to pay for a lake front lot these days.  And Lakefront in AK is cheap compared to most places.  

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

I don't even know!!!!

Fucking eating chocolate eggs and drinking fancy wine and the motherfucker doesnt even know what he pays for insurance....... #winning !!!1111111

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep.  My 1.7 acre lake front lot is worth almost half of what the structures are worth.  It's unreal what people are willing to pay for a lake front lot these days.  And Lakefront in AK is cheap compared to most places.  

The funny part is my dad bought one of the lake front houses more than 50 years ago. At that time he was looking for a mortgage to buy two cottages side by side for 13k. Most banks would not touch lake front at the time, one bank manager even quiped who would want to live next to a lake. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fucking eating chocolate eggs and drinking fancy wine and the motherfucker doesnt even know what he pays for insurance....... #winning !!!1111111

I know right?

14 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The funny part is my dad bought one of the lake front houses more than 50 years ago. At that time he was looking for a mortgage to buy two cottages side by side for 13k. Most banks would not touch lake front at the time, one bank manager even quiped who would want to live next to a lake. 

That's unreal.  They are like gold now.  

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Our cabin is lakefront and worth quite a bit less than what my house is.  Insurance is about the same, but I think it has more to do with not having a full time fire dept anywhere close by.  Our lake is small and kind of off the beaten path so prices are cheaper.  Anything lake front on one of the popular lakes is over $500K.

1 minute ago, sledderj said:

Our cabin is lakefront and worth quite a bit less than what my house is.  Insurance is about the same, but I think it has more to do with not having a full time fire dept anywhere close by.  Our lake is small and kind of off the beaten path so prices are cheaper.  Anything lake front on one of the popular lakes is over $500K.

Around here, AK, the distance to a fire station definitely affect your Ins premium.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Fire station is 1/2 km away, fire hydrant in front yard, former fireman. Make zero fucking difference! 

No public water here. Fire dept uses tankers. That definatly affects it. 

15 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

i pay about $1680 a year for about 3000 sqft home and 1000 sqft shop.  Being lake front increases the premium slightly.  Ive lived in the same home for 30 years and had it paid off for over 5 and never had one claim so that lowers the rates just slightly.  My house is insured for about $400k replacement cost with $200k in contents replacement.  

I don't have any pets so that lowers the premium by about $200 per month........  :news:  

Seeing who's paying attn. , or a typo ?

16 hours ago, sledderj said:

Mines $288,000 dwelling 

28k other structers

196,000 contents and $84,000 loss of use.

16 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Seeing who's paying attn. , or a typo ?

It was a jab at a whole slew of guys who hate people who dont have pets, dogs particularly..............

carry over from another thread of course. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sledderj said:

Its over 7 figures to rebuild but the cottage ins is also about the same for 500k apraisal and less than 200k rebuild.:lol:

5 hours ago, Reevester said:

$1300 for house appraised at 580k.

$480 for the cabin at 120k.

$300 for a vacant lot. 

Insurance for a vacant lot? Never heard of that before. You worried about liability or what? :dunno: