Check your account email address ×

Spring checking sleds

I don't think I can do it. I think Polaris started it back in the 90's. Bad idea imo. I spring checked my 12 turbo and then it never snowed, cat knew I had a problem child on my hands and no snow, they sent me a letter telling me they knew I had no snow and gave me an extra year of warranty for free.. but I just don't think I'll ever spring check again. I see over the years all these guys doing it and I guess if it fills a void for ya. I'm little shy of it. They use buzz words like game changer and brag ride and talk up the power.. pfft,  marketing and bean counter guys need to give up some wages and let the engineers and designers get some say on this stuff they are peddling 

• Like 1

Not this year.  I pretty much am on the kind of sled I want, 141-144" crossover, and will not be spending 5-6 grand to upgrade to what would essentially be almost the same sled.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I will buy in the spring best deals around then but have not snow checked ever . you can always find the snow check Limited's some place in season if you really want them .   

Polaris makes it real easy for dealers to buy snow check specials for stock but doo makes it harder pushing prices up in the fall if you want one.   

I will not be spring ordering but i expect my next sled will be a snow check model just a year or 2 old with 1000 miles on it just like this years was.   

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Polaris makes it real easy for dealers to buy snow check specials for stock but doo makes it harder pushing prices up in the fall if you want one.   

I will not be spring ordering but i expect my next sled will be a snow check model just a year or 2 old with 1000 miles on it just like this years was.   

all sleds cost more in the fall . most doo dealers I know of order special edition snow checks in every workers name then said buyer backs out and they sell em on the floor .they even buy some sports etc if they are giving warranty. my gade was that exact thing

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I will buy in the spring best deals around then but have not snow checked ever . you can always find the snow check Limited's some place in season if you really want them .   

Mine was a snowcheck select and I bought it off the dealer floor in December. But of all the places I found that had them (weren't many) nobody was willing to deal on them. I ended up buying mine at Pat's because kip was the only dealer who would negotiate. My buddy works at a large dealership and he couldn't do anything for me. The sled I wanted at his place ended up selling for over $16k. I was shocked. But I guess they get that for those. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Nazipigdog said:

Mine was a snowcheck select and I bought it off the dealer floor in December. But of all the places I found that had them (weren't many) nobody was willing to deal on them. I ended up buying mine at Pat's because kip was the only dealer who would negotiate. My buddy works at a large dealership and he couldn't do anything for me. The sled I wanted at his place ended up selling for over $16k. I was shocked. But I guess they get that for those. :dunno:

it is hard negotiating in the fall . some of those guys end up still sitting on that shit in the spring that is when it is fun to go negotiate .

kip is a realist and god guy to deal with

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Apparently not much of a buddy.

5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Apparently not much of a buddy.

Wasn't anything he could do, the managers pull top dollar for those models and they weren't going to let it go for less. Business is business. 

Dan is a great friend and has helped me out with alot of stuff. Including loaning me a brand new pro s for a weekend at no charge when I crashed mine. I don't fault him at all, he tried and was shot down by management. I am not mad about it one bit. I got a good deal from kip and that's who got my money.

Edited by Nazipigdog

• Platinum Contributing Member

I snow checked my Winder.  Got a good deal and it included $600 in free parts/accessories from Yamaha plus a better warranty.  

I'll pay a bit more to keep my business local and expect and get quick service when needed.   If I would have waited and was lucky enough to find a spring only model 3-4 hours away then I shouldn't expect my dealer to put me at the front of the line for service.  

26 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Wasn't anything he could do, the managers pull top dollar for those models and they weren't going to let it go for less. Business is business. 

Dan is a great friend and has helped me out with alot of stuff. Including loaning me a brand new pro s for a weekend at no charge when I crashed mine. I don't fault him at all, he tried and was shot down by management. I am not mad about it one bit. I got a good deal from kip and that's who got my money.

Well those sunsabitches :lmao:

I've heard good things about Kip and I believe it's better to do biz with a podunk dealer in the UP rather than an overpriced mega dealer in an urban area.

38 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well those sunsabitches :lmao:

I've heard good things about Kip and I believe it's better to do biz with a podunk dealer in the UP rather than an overpriced mega dealer in an urban area.

Woodtick is friends with kip and working him up a bit before I called. Plus Im a cash buyer and money talks. :stoned:

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Woodtick is friends with kip and working him up a bit before I called. Plus Im a cash buyer and money talks. :stoned:

you do realize they would prefer you to finance through sheffield so they get their kickback right.  

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you do realize they would prefer you to finance through sheffield so they get their kickback right.  

Yep. Never tell them how you intend to pay. They'll give you a lower price if they think it's financed. That's where they make their $!

49 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Kip likes cash buyers. The dealer Dan works for likes to finance. Probably for the kickback and also they can upsell more stuff if someone is just looking at payments. 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Kip likes cash buyers. The dealer Dan works for likes to finance. Probably for the kickback and also they can upsell more stuff if someone is just looking at payments. 

What would they possibly upsell? 

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Accessories, more warranty, clothing, whatever they can put on the ticket. 

:lol: the prices for accessories ....clothing...are in the catalogue....if anything dealers give deals on them...as they are marked up huge.

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:lol: the prices for accessories ....clothing...are in the catalogue....if anything dealers give deals on them...as they are marked up huge.

What he is saying is people are more apt to say " sure , give me one of them too" as they are not pulling out cash for it. Silly Americans don't feel the pain when swiping the card, till the bill comes.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

What he is saying is people are more apt to say " sure , give me one of them too" as they are not pulling out cash for it. Silly Americans don't feel the pain when swiping the card, till the bill comes.

yup

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That is not upselling though.