Check your account email address ×

Spring checking sleds

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven't ridden a pro cross bit how bad can it be.....not taking the word of Captain Hyperbole. :lol:

You're short so it probably wouldnt be so bad for you 

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

I cant see how anything about a ProCross is race oriented any more than any other new sled...its totally fucked ergonomically 

It's a race oriented design.  That's why most don't care for the ergos.

It reminds me of the old Ninja or Katana vs. the Zook GSXR arguments. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a race oriented design.  That's why most don't care for the ergos.

It reminds me of the old Ninja or Katana vs. the Zook GSXR arguments. 

What exactly makes it race oriented......the fact that it makes it so uncomfortable to sit down that you have to stand up not to be pissed off????

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Settle down Kareem....how short is short? 

I'd say if you are 6' and up its going to start to get awkward and if you are 6'4 and up its going to become a glaring deficiency in the chassis design. I'm 6'5 and its a total no go

Putting the taller mountain seat on helped a little but its still just a fucking weird sled. It forces you back while sitting and the bars are just out of your comfort zone then 

Just now, f7ben said:

What exactly makes it race oriented......the fact that it makes it so uncomfortable to sit down that you have to stand up not to be pissed off????

Actually, kind of.  Yes.  Reality is that your height limits what your comfort level can be.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, kind of.  Yes.  Reality is that your height limits what your comfort level can be.

I understand that its my height that does that....no other sled makes this mistake though. The axys chassis sleds are 100% as capable as any CatRR sled......unless you are talking about hucking them 40' into the air of triples.....then I wouldnt know and I really couldnt care 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd say if you are 6' and up its going to start to get awkward and if you are 6'4 and up its going to become a glaring deficiency in the chassis design. I'm 6'5 and its a total no go

Putting the taller mountain seat on helped a little but its still just a fucking weird sled. It forces you back while sitting and the bars are just out of your comfort zone then 

Got ya...I'm barely 6' 1"....just wondering because there is pretty sweet 2014 Turbo for sale on HCS. :lol:

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Got ya...I'm barely 6' 1"....just wondering because there is pretty sweet 2014 Turbo for sale on HCS. :lol:

Well unless its $4000 it would be a hard pass.....you cant give those fucking things away 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I understand that its my height that does that....no other sled makes this mistake though. The axys chassis sleds are 100% as capable as any CatRR sled......unless you are talking about hucking them 40' into the air of triples.....then I wouldnt know and I really couldnt care 

The reality is that Cat transfers more of their racing DNA to the showroom floor.  Chassis are close to the same.  "Capabilities" are up to the rider but if you had to take any comsumer sled to the track (SX or CC) and race it with equal riders, Cat is just going to be tougher and take less work to maneuver.  Great for tracks...but doesn't transfer to trail real well.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

The reality is that Cat transfers more of their racing DNA to the showroom floor.  Chassis are close to the same.  "Capabilities" are up to the rider but if you had to take any comsumer sled to the track (SX or CC) and race it with equal riders, Cat is just going to be tougher and take less work to maneuver.  Great for tracks...but doesn't transfer to trail real well.  

The procoss is absolutely not tougher than the axys....not even close. Unless they really improved a lot of things at the component level since 2012

But you got my point, right?

I do....in the end its just an awkward chassis for tall people which really pisses me off because it eliminated going on a decades worth of sleds from my consideration 

Just now, f7ben said:

The procoss is absolutely not tougher than the axys....not even close. Unless they really improved a lot of things at the component level since 2012

Ok...now you're losing you mind.  There is a reason the vast majority of the Poo racers race the IQR and not any form of the Axys.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I do....in the end its just an awkward chassis for tall people which really pisses me off because it eliminated going on a decades worth of sleds from my consideration 

I understand that.  And frankly, whatever attributes a vehicle brings as far as racing doesn't work if the rider can't fit the design.  Pretty safe to say most motorsports OEM's aren't designing vehicles for the 6-5 racers.  In fact, I think I read something years ago that the standard rider size they use is around 5'10" or average height

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Ok...now you're losing you mind.  There is a reason the vast majority of the Poo racers race the IQR and not any form of the Axys.

I broke the fuck out of a procross and it wasnt pretty how weak some of the shit was. I absolutely thrashed the fuck out of the axys a few times to the point I thought the bulkhead and tunnel were toast and not a fucking scratch. I was seriously impressed with how tough the front end of the axys is 

I understand that.  And frankly, whatever attributes a vehicle brings as far as racing doesn't work if the rider can't fit the design.  Pretty safe to say most motorsports OEM's aren't designing vehicles for the 6-5 racers.  In fact, I think I read something years ago that the standard rider size they use is around 5'10" or average height

Yup....it sucks for me but whatever. What really sucks is Cat dragged yamaha into that fucking Procrossdresser as well 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yup....it sucks for me but whatever. What really sucks is Cat dragged yamaha into that fucking Procrossdresser as well 

Yes, that does suck.  Fuck Yamaha.  Too lazy and stupid to keep up with a winning design and consumer demand.  But look at their pianos!  Fags.  I grew up on Yamaha and loved them.  Very dissapointing watching them jump away from 2strokes and rider forward designs and just keep doubling, tripling and quading down on their ignorance.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes, that does suck.  Fuck Yamaha.  Too lazy and stupid to keep up with a winning design and consumer demand.  But look at their pianos!  Fags.  I grew up on Yamaha and loved them.  Very dissapointing watching them jump away from 2strokes and rider forward designs and just keep doubling, tripling and quading down on their ignorance.  

Its too bad the economy took a shit when FAST was bringing the Blade into the fold.....if more people would have dumped some coin on that and kept the Karpicks in the game we might have another viable sled being built still 

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I broke the fuck out of a procross and it wasnt pretty how weak some of the shit was. I absolutely thrashed the fuck out of the axys a few times to the point I thought the bulkhead and tunnel were toast and not a fucking scratch. I was seriously impressed with how tough the front end of the axys is 

That's the first time I've EVER read that.  Anywhere.  My crash a couple years ago would have totaled my Doo...without ANY question.  Based on what I've seen, heard and looked at on the Axys, it would have been trailered trash also.  I limped the cat home (miserably) and bolted on new parts that week as I licked my wounds.  Astonishing really but that's also why it was about 100lbs heavier than my doo.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I haven't ridden a pro cross but how bad can it be.....not taking the word of Captain Hyperbole. :lol:

Its fine, with the fox qs3's on it rides just like an rmotion. It's a great trail sled, just nothing exciting about it.