Check your account email address ×

The big hammer about to fall on Wall Street.

Eventually yes it will drop. Always does. Might as well enjoy the ride and make a buck or two. 

Or.....

Sit on the sidelines and bitch about other people making money.

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Nobody knows but I mentioned this last week. A close friend of mine is a hedge fund manager and she told us 2 things.

1. P/E ratios are the highest they've been since before the stock market crash of 1929 and the tech bubble burst.

2. The fed needs to raise interest rates. The rate increase is way overdue and depending on how much and how fast they raise them could be really bad for the market. 

You and your bootlicker pals here like to wave the stock market around as one of Trump's accomplishments. What happens if it takes a shit, is that Trump too?

Evidently if GAAP weren't being fucked with some P/E multiples will be well over 100.  

So yeah there could be a correction.  Who knows.  

And to answer your question on whether Republicans will blame Trump,.......... They blamed Clinton for the 2008 crash and didn't give Obama credit for the recovery.  Sooooooooooo, I'm guessing Obama will be to blame for any crash.

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Evidently if GAAP weren't being fucked with some P/E multiples will be well over 100.  

So yeah there could be a correction.  Who knows.  

And to answer your question on whether Republicans will blame Trump,.......... They blamed Clinton for the 2008 crash and didn't give Obama credit for the recovery.  Sooooooooooo, I'm guessing Obama will be to blame for any crash.

I know but they are jumping up and down because Trump made it go up. But I guess even Trump isn't strong enough to overpower the damage Obama did. :lol:

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Part of me wants to gut my 401. Seriously. 

The next crash, ands it’s coming soon,  may be the worst ever. 

That's what I'm thinking. Sell everything and buy it back after the pop. 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That's what I'm thinking. Sell everything and buy it back after the pop. 

If people are so confident, why not start selling short and ride the wave down as you make cashola!!!!  

Wackos.  Another Chicken Little anti-Trumper posts market burst warnings on web site...people freak.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Why do most workers get a cost of living increase every year? Is it because their skill set went up? How about politicians? Sports figures? What the fuck are you saying? The bottom class needs to stay the fuck put while the top class moves up? These companies are using welfare and Medicaid to subsidize their labor. Wtf do you come up with this shit?

So if you walk around a shopping mall pushing a broom making minimum wage and don't do anything about increasing your skills and just continue to push that broom do you really think you should be getting significant raises beyond cost of living? The value and skill you bring to the job doesn't change. If you don't like the pay and the job, do something about it. Go to night school, learn a skill or a trade and get a better job.

Sports figures... supply and demand. They offer their unique skills and talents to the highest bidder. If you're the best you get the most, bottom rung of the ladder in skill doesn't get anywhere close to what the super star does.

I know a number of people that paid less than $1,000.00 per year for tuition and lucked into summer jobs at Union plants. The highest paid guy claimed he made $21.00/hr in the mid 80's a lot of others were making $15.00/hr. in auto shops and mills.  Even though minimum wage was $4.00/hr.  But usually those jobs came with tips.  Pumping gas at a Marina with big cruisers coming in and they'd tip you for pumping gas. Look at titties all day, get a tan and make good money. It was usually the people who were too late applying or didn't know anyone who got the shitty jobs. Father or uncle in a Union shop was good enough. I know a guy who claims his first job as an MBA paid $65 grand per year. He says they still pay MBA grads $65 grand.

There are all kinds of charts showing how CEO compensation has gone from 30 times the average worker to 300 times. That can't be good for the economy.  We are paying higher taxes to subsidize Walmart and McJobs earners while CEO's hide their returns overseas.

I'm not convinced Ontario is going to improve when they implement the minimum wage tax hike since it will make us less competitive than our neighbours.  But I know if each minimum wage employee took home an extra 50 buck per week, that money would stay in the community. 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If people are so confident, why not start selling short and ride the wave down as you make cashola!!!!  

Wackos.  Another Chicken Little anti-Trumper posts market burst warnings on web site...people freak.  :lol:

Cuz I don't have that kind of luck. :lol:

19 minutes ago, bussman said:

Part of me wants to gut my 401. Seriously. 

The next crash, ands it’s coming soon,  may be the worst ever. 

Do you have a crystal ball? I would highly doubt it will be the worst ever, christ it's only been 9 years since the last bad crash and it was about 80 years ago before that one. Worst ever :lol:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Do you have a crystal ball? I would highly doubt it will be the worst ever, christ it's only been 9 years since the last bad crash and it was about 80 years ago before that one. Worst ever :lol:

“Said the Snoughnut of 1925.......”

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I know a number of people that paid less than $1,000.00 per year for tuition and lucked into summer jobs at Union plants. The highest paid guy claimed he made $21.00/hr in the mid 80's a lot of others were making $15.00/hr. in auto shops and mills.  Even though minimum wage was $4.00/hr.  But usually those jobs came with tips.  Pumping gas at a Marina with big cruisers coming in and they'd tip you for pumping gas. Look at titties all day, get a tan and make good money. It was usually the people who were too late applying or didn't know anyone who got the shitty jobs. Father or uncle in a Union shop was good enough. I know a guy who claims his first job as an MBA paid $65 grand per year. He says they still pay MBA grads $65 grand.

There are all kinds of charts showing how CEO compensation has gone from 30 times the average worker to 300 times. That can't be good for the economy.  We are paying higher taxes to subsidize Walmart and McJobs earners while CEO's hide their returns overseas.

I'm not convinced Ontario is going to improve when they implement the minimum wage tax hike since it will make us less competitive than our neighbours.  But I know if each minimum wage employee took home an extra 50 buck per week, that money would stay in the community. 

Here's the difference, when the tax rates were much higher the companies reinvested it or hired more employees to offset the taxes. Why pay more for nothing right? But now with the tax rate being so low they are keeping the money for themselves and not reinvesting as much. It's like a contest to see who can hide the most money. At a minimum the minimum wage needs to keep pace with inflation. And I think single payer creates more full time jobs. 

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Have a read. $500 trillion in derivitives floating around. This is Warren buffet and this is a year ago. I think the entire world economy is only $65 trillion. Worst ever? Warren buffet is no dummy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/01/warren-buffett-issues-a-fresh-warning-about-derivatives-timebomb/

18 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I think it was over 10 years ago that they said housing in Toronto had gone too high and the bubble was about to burst... still hasn't happened.

12 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Have a read. $500 trillion in derivitives floating around. This is Warren buffet and this is a year ago. I think the entire world economy is only $65 trillion. Worst ever? Warren buffet is no dummy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/01/warren-buffett-issues-a-fresh-warning-about-derivatives-timebomb/

I'm not sure which bank it was but there was some story about a Canadian bank having a narrow miss during the last recession because their option trader could not explain options to the CEO.  Evidently the CEO wound up most of the positions because the trader couldn't justify them. When the shit hit the fan, they were better than most. 

18 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Here's the difference, when the tax rates were much higher the companies reinvested it or hired more employees to offset the taxes. Why pay more for nothing right? But now with the tax rate being so low they are keeping the money for themselves and not reinvesting as much. It's like a contest to see who can hide the most money. At a minimum the minimum wage needs to keep pace with inflation. And I think single payer creates more full time jobs. 

You just showed how little you understand. Show me a business that doesn't want to grow. To grow the business you reinvest those profits. It's a matter of keeping the shareholders happy. Status quo won't keep them happy. They are looking for their investment to grow. If a business can reinvest their money in the business and get a healthy ROI then that is something they want to do.

I love these threads.  I never claimed to be an expert in the markets then, and I still don't, and I'm in the business now.  But I can tell you this.  Some of you need to relax.  Especially you Anler. :lol: All the educated, conservative eggheads I know see 25k DJIA in 2018, with a potential to 30 by the end of it for the more aggressive prognosticators.  I can cite data all day long, yield curves, p/e ratios, etc., but we are in a dynamic economy going into some uncharted territory right now.  10% correction?!  Pfft.  So you give back 4-6 months worth of gains, or you call your broker and pull it the moment you start to see a trend that we haven't seen in over a year....sustained 3-4-5 day of 100+ point market drops.  If you're near retirement age, its far more important.  If you're not, settle down and ride it out.  Time in the market, not timing.  Rule number 1 in investing.  As far as Moto and all his cute memes, I wish we could give him his own pinned threads, because his hackery has no business in an investment thread.

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

So it won’t? 

As long as people keep paying the price it will continue... simple supply and demand. The real estate crash in the US was attributable to lax regulations that allowed sub prime mortgages to people who didn't have the financial wherewithal to have a mortgage in the first place. It shouldn't have happened. New mortgage regulations here are setting mortgage approval amounts based on income but also on interest rates that are if I recall 2 points higher than the current value. That way if interest goes up 2% they will still be able to make the mortgage payment instead of defaulting.

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I think it was over 10 years ago that they said housing in Toronto had gone too high and the bubble was about to burst... still hasn't happened.

I was sure that our housing prices would  drop since our major trading partner to the South saw theirs drop.  It's hard to compete when workers down south were paying 1/2 what we were for your biggest purchase.   I've been wrong about that so long that prices would almost have to drop in half for me to be correct. So I'll call  that one a loser.  But to be fair, I didn't expect the government to start giving money away for free to the banks. I had this weird idea that supply and demand rules would apply to money. Short supply would mean high interest rates. 

Edited by revkevsdi

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I love these threads.  I never claimed to be an expert in the markets then, and I still don't, and I'm in the business now.  But I can tell you this.  Some of you need to relax.  Especially you Anler. :lol: All the educated, conservative eggheads I know see 25k DJIA in 2018, with a potential to 30 by the end of it for the more aggressive prognosticators.  I can cite data all day long, yield curves, p/e ratios, etc., but we are in a dynamic economy going into some uncharted territory right now.  10% correction?!  Pfft.  So you give back 4-6 months worth of gains, or you call your broker and pull it the moment you start to see a trend that we haven't seen in over a year....sustained 3-4-5 day of 100+ point market drops.  If you're near retirement age, its far more important.  If you're not, settle down and ride it out.  Time in the market, not timing.  Rule number 1 in investing.  As far as Moto and all his cute memes, I wish we could give him his own pinned threads, because his hackery has no business in an investment thread.

You have all sorts of 'indicators' that bury the fact that the last 40 years of economic growth is based largely on phony demand. Eventually that's going to run out. 

Good luck not holding the hot potato when the music stops.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

What did people use to day about the Dot com Bubble? It's different this time, normal multiples don't apply.  Until they do apply and then a company losing money whose customers don't buy anything is still a company losing money.

But yeah, I agree 10% is fuck all for a correction.  What percentage would it have to drop for the investment houses to be forced into selling to cover their positions?  Remember not everyone has to sell for a stock price to fall. If 2% need to sell and only 1% are willing to buy in, then the prices free fall.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You have all sorts of 'indicators' that bury the fact that the last 40 years of economic growth is based largely on phony demand. Eventually that's going to run out. 

Good luck not holding the hot potato when the music stops.

"phony demand".  :lol:

AND FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!!!!!  I'll bring my own toppings.

Image result for loaded baked potato