Check your account email address ×

Whoa fucking whoa!!!

Anler

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Best in the biz, at what ? Our group are all groomed trail riders. Any new sled out there werxs great on groomed trails, and that is what we do.

It,s all about having some extra power on tap for me. The 2 strokes don,t have it, especially above 60-70 mph.

Groomed Trails. :lol:  For that kind of riding I can see a turbo sled being superior. For most everything else a new 800/850 would be a more practical sled. 

How old are you anyway?

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Straight Groomed Trails. :lol:  For that kind of riding I can see a turbo sled being superior. For most everything else a new 800/850 would be a more practical sled. 

How old are you anyway?

Fixed it for ya. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Groomed Trails. :lol:  For that kind of riding I can see a turbo sled being superior. For most everything else a new 800/850 would be a more practical sled. 

How old are you anyway?

straight trail sled I would have a 4 stroke but doubt it would be a turbo cat as the places you can really use that pah is limited,  maybe if i saddlebagged quebec all the time but even then the weight on days were you catch new snow and it's not groomed a disadvantage over something like a 1200x gade that would cruise at 80 all day long and cost 3k less.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

straight trail sled I would have a 4 stroke but doubt it would be a turbo cat as the places you can really use that pah is limited,  maybe if i saddlebagged quebec all the time but even then the weight on days were you catch new snow and it's not groomed a disadvantage over something like a 1200x gade that would cruise at 80 all day long and cost 3k less.  

With mods the 1200 isjust as quick as the 800 etec....the gade is the way to go with the 1200...it seems to balance theweight outmore.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

With mods the 1200 isjust as quick as the 800 etec....the gade is the way to go with the 1200...it seems to balance theweight outmore.

i would never want one off trail but trail sled alone 1200xs x gade with a controller and full exhaust would prob be what i would have.  Been looking for a sled for my son to ride this winter and been looking for a 13 1200 gade with under 5k on them but people are looking for stupid money right now.  figured on trail days or when the snows low I'd ride that over the freeride.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i would never want one off trail but trail sled alone 1200xs x gade with a controller and full exhaust would prob be what i would have.  Been looking for a sled for my son to ride this winter and been looking for a 13 1200 gade with under 5k on them but people are looking for stupid money right now.  figured on trail days or when the snows low I'd ride that over the freeride.  

A can is useless on a 1200...the drone is awful...but it does save 21lbs

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

How about a full exhause and a controller. Will that wake up a 4tec. 

Its better to get the ecm reprog....instead of controller these days.....less bs...cudney still does them i believe...also putting a pb 80 primary makes them better too.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its better to get the ecm reprog....instead of controller these days.....less bs...cudney still does them i believe...also putting a pb 80 primary makes them better too.

So no exhaust work is needed to make 800/850 style HP?  

Im just asking, i dont know much about the 4tec's. 

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

1st.  Racing has always been their "thang".  It's why they have a hard time trying to transition their sleds into more "consumer friendly" models, IMO.

2nd:  You may want to tell Poo to update their sales brochure then.  Somebody isn't paying atteniont to what is true or not.  :lol:

Poo win on Sunday.....PNG

Did you notice that Poo gives you an adequate amount of bogie wheels with the purchase of the sled? :lol: 

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So no exhaust work is needed to make 800/850 style HP?  

Im just asking, i dont know much about the 4tec's. 

You can go with a header...but the can is not needed imo....its just to annoying sounding but does save weight.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

great advertising for the handful of ricky racers,  whats tha tmodel account for between the 600 and 800 1% of overall sales

I really don't know what model sells the most.  I think I heard that Doo's XRS tipped their sales at one point.

35 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Did you notice that Poo gives you an adequate amount of bogie wheels with the purchase of the sled? :lol: 

"bogie wheels and storage space".  These are your concerns.  I've never found an inadequate amount of either.  We probably don't have the same riding requirements.  "Probably".  :lmao:

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

You can chalk up to bullshit when a die hard Doo guy tells you the 850 is awesome. But when everybody says it, there is substance there. Zambroni and ezra have butthurt...

Nobody is butt-hurt...at all.  We'll I know I'm not.  And I'm pretts sure EZ isn't either as we've been involved in the sled brand bashing together for years in HCS.  He's part of the famous "Madcatters VS.  Poolaiders" fight club.  :lmao: 

I may have hurt his feelings when I was riding my doo though.  :lol: @Ez ryder  

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

100% butthurt.  

I find it funny as shit that when brand bashing starts and somebody brings up racing results that non-catters LOSE THEIR MINDS then claim Cat guys are "butt hurt".  LOLOLOLOL

Happens everytime too.  Bizarre.  Poo guys seem to really get chaffed.  They don't get to claim Doo accolades or race dominance.  We"re #2 in sales!!!  And "the ANYS is the bestest sled ever built!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They all have great brands...we all get to pick the one that best suits us.  But don't claim what suits you is best for others.  Most that have jumped on my sleds over the years couldn't wait to get off it...it's not set up for all day touristy shit.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I really don't know what model sells the most.  I think I heard that Doo's XRS tipped their sales at one point.

"bogie wheels and storage space".  These are your concerns.  I've never found an inadequate amount of either.  We probably don't have the same riding requirements.  "Probably".  :lmao:

Nobody is butt-hurt...at all.  We'll I know I'm not.  And I'm pretts sure EZ isn't either as we've been involved in the sled brand bashing together for years in HCS.  He's part of the famous "Madcatters VS.  Poolaiders" fight club.  :lmao: 

I find it funny as shit that when brand bashing starts and somebody brings up racing results that non-catters LOSE THEIR MINDS then claim Cat guys are "butt hurt".  LOLOLOLOL

Happens everytime too.  Bizarre.  Poo guys seem to really get chaffed.  They don't get to claim Doo accolades or race dominance.  We"re #2 in sales!!!  And "the ANYS is the bestest sled ever built!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

They all have great brands...we all get to pick the one that best suits us.  But don't claim what suits you is best for others.  Most that have jumped on my sleds over the years couldn't wait to get off it...it's not set up for all day touristy shit.  

Oh there is only one best and its skidoo. Butthurt... 

Very few xrs sold the 1st 3 yrs they came out. 07...10-11. they became a tamer sled from 2012 on.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

How old are you anyway?

68, and yes, in Eastern Ontario, we have lots of awesome groomed trails. All we need is cold, and a good foot of wet snow.

Ontario has more groomed trails, than highways. Something well over 30K of groomed trails.

Never been to the mountains, and have zero interest in riding there. Quik acceleration is what I like, and we do have many safe areas to do that.

200 mile days are pretty normal, after a late breakfast start around 10 am.

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Very few xrs sold the 1st 3 yrs they came out. 07...10-11. they became a tamer sled from 2012 on.

Yeah, all the "replica racers" start off strong then end up with shocks and boy-reacer graphics.  My rev was valved and braced real similar to the 07 XRS.  My 11XRS was good...and closer to a real racer than what followed.  My RR was the same.  13 is the only year RR I'd own...they got watered down hard after 13.  Most don't want that.  

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

USXC Results 2016-2017

PRO STOCK - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Zach Herfindahl               Arctic Cat

2.            Aaron Christensen          Polaris

3.            Re Wadena         #52         Arctic Cat

4.            Alex Hetteen     #154      Polaris

5.            Ross Erdman      #311      Arctic Cat

PRO OPEN

1.            Zach Herfindahl               Arctic Cat

2.            Aaron Christensen          Polaris

3.            Wes Selby           #15         Arctic Cat

4.            Ben Langaas       #231      Arctic Cat

5.            Taylor Bunke      #14         Polaris

POLARIS SEMI-PRO - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Ryan Trout          #105      Arctic Cat

2.            Dustin Dohrn     #29         Skidoo

3.            Craig Ritzinger   #196      Skidoo

4.            Timmy Kallock   #48K      Skidoo

5.            Dan Revering     #101      Polaris

SEMI-PRO IMPROVED - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Dustin Dohrn     #29         Skidoo

2.            Dalton Fredrickson          Arctic Cat

3.            Andy Junglen     #31         Skidoo

4.            Brian Brodehl     #33         Arctic Cat

5.            Jared Christensen             Polaris

I-500 CLASS - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Ryan Trout          #105      Arctic Cat

2.            Joseph Wood    #157      Arctic Cat

3.            Craig Ritzinger   #196      Skidoo

4.            Tyler Oettinger #227      Arctic Cat

5.            Austin Lunde     #519      Arctic Cat

EXPERT 85

1.            David Brown      #871      Arctic Cat

2.            Ryan Weidemann            Arctic Cat

3.            Ean Voigt             #48         Arctic Cat

4.            Cody Wolter       #143      Arctic Cat

5.            Thomas Junglen              Arctic Cat

EXPERT 85 IMPROVED

1.            David Brown      #871      Arctic Cat

2.            Ean Voigt             #48        Arctic Cat

3.            Nathan Joyce     #240      Arctic Cat

4.            Cody Wolter       #143      Polaris

5.            Thomas Junglen               Arctic Cat

40+ - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Gabe Bunke       #74         Polaris

2.            Brian Brodehl     #33         Arctic Cat

3.            Chad Lian             #681      Arctic Cat

4.            Justin Tate          #28         Polaris

5.            Mike Dirkman    #186      Arctic Cat

FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Jim Sobeck          #44         Skidoo

2.            Jon Arneson       #190      Arctic Cat

3.            Erik Nymann      #404      Arctic Cat

4.            Eric Christenesen             #84         Polaris

5.            David Wandschneider    Arctic Cat

ARCTIC CAT SPORT 85

1.            Blaise Potucek  #33B      Arctic Cat

2.            Eli Nelson            #203      Arctic Cat

3.            Keaton Black      #132      Arctic Cat

4.            Justin Olson        #606      Arctic Cat

5.            Blair Herfindahl #393      Arctic Cat

SPORT 600 - FACTORY STOCK 600

1.            Garet Grzadzielewski    Arctic Cat

2.            Jeff Hayford       #211      Polaris

3.            Jacob Dahle        #102      Skidoo

4.            Dan Herberg      #558      Polaris

5.            Skyler Soyring    #166      Skidoo

PRO TRAIL

1.            Morgan Nyquist               Arctic Cat

2.            Steve Martinson              Arctic Cat

3.            Lucas Burnside  #013      Arctic Cat

4.            Andy Mack         #679      Skidoo

5.            Ben Thomas       #97         Arctic Cat

VINTAGE

1.            Gary Tintes         #7X        Arctic Cat

2.            Paul Sillerud       #522      Arctic Cat

3.            Adam Geisler     #282      Skidoo

4.            Bill Young             #754      Arctic Cat

5.            Caroline Allard   #690      Kawasaki

VINTAGE 50+

1.            Gary Tintes         #7X        Arctic Cat

2.            Pete Mattison   #442      Arctic Cat

3.            Mike Bedard      #275      Polaris

4.            Glen Wasmuth  #361      John Deere

5.            David Bakke       #77         Polaris

IFS 18-50

1.            Brian Brown       #313      Arctic Cat

2.            Kellin Geisler      #987      Polaris

3.            Ryan Nelson       #18         Polaris

4.            Tory Severson   #8           Polaris

5.            Don Killian           #204      Polaris CLASSIC IFS 50

CLASSIC IFS 50+

1.            Brian Brown       #313      Arctic Cat

2.            Don Killian           #204      Polaris

3.            Scott Ilstrup        #35         Arctic Cat

4.            Steve Sherwood              Arctic Cat

5.            Dave Chambers                #911      Arctic Cat

WOMEN'S

1.            Jill Tangen           #4J         Polaris

2.            Lydia Sobeck      #444      Skidoo

3.            Savannah Landrus           Arctic Cat

4.            Jolene Bute        #22         Arctic Cat

5.            Leah Bauer         #07         Skidoo

JUNIOR 10-13

1.            Nicholas Nyquist             Arctic Cat

2.            Abe Olson           #223      Arctic Cat

3.            Caleb Nymann  #162      Arctic Cat

4.            Lucas Houle        #222      Arctic Cat

5.            Cooper Kangas  #29         Arctic Cat

JUNIOR 14-17

1.            Blaise Potucek  #33B      Arctic Cat

2.            Keaton Black      #132      Arctic Cat

3.            Lucas Burnside  #013      Arctic Cat

4.            Dawson Diesen #88         Arctic cat

5.            Braden Sillerud #217      Arctic Cat

JUNIOR GIRLS 14-17 (600CC)

1.            Sara Larson         #6X        Arctic Cat

2.            Hanna Black        #321      Arctic Cat

3.            Hannah Diesen #8           Arctic Cat

That should piss you off actually.  Cat basically gives those sleds away to almost anyone who will sign up on their race program.  The average B Program racer will get up to 4 sleds for about $6200 each.  They will sell one and make a little profit.  They will train and practice on one then sell it at years end for about $4500.  And finally they will race 2 sleds.  If the two race sleds are worth selling at the end of the season they go for $4000-$5000 tops.  

And Arctic Cat passes all this along to the people who will drop $17,000+ on a new Ricky Racer 9000.  Face it dude, Cat buys those wins with the money dumb shits are willing to throw at their junk ass consumer sleds.  All the manu''s do it but Cat is by far the best.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

That should piss you off actually.  Cat basically gives those sleds away to almost anyone who will sign up on their race program.  The average B Program racer will get up to 4 sleds for about $6200 each.  They will sell one and make a little profit.  They will train and practice on one then sell it at years end for about $4500.  And finally they will race 2 sleds.  If the two race sleds are worth selling at the end of the season they go for $4000-$5000 tops.  

And Arctic Cat passes all this along to the people who will drop $17,000+ on a new Ricky Racer 9000.  Face it dude, Cat buys those wins with the money dumb shits are willing to throw at their junk ass consumer sleds.  All the manu''s do it but Cat is by far the best.  

You're the first one to say that.  I've seen team switch brands because Cat isn't giving them away.  In fact, I've got a racer coming tomorrow (I hope) that I know the team payed 10k for.

So....maybe it's different up there, but I can promise I've NEVER heard anything but Cat being the most stingy on their racers.  Their racing budget is shoestring level and that's what makes their results that much more impressive.

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

68, and yes, in Eastern Ontario, we have lots of awesome groomed trails. All we need is cold, and a good foot of wet snow.

Ontario has more groomed trails, than highways. Something well over 30K of groomed trails.

Never been to the mountains, and have zero interest in riding there. Quik acceleration is what I like, and we do have many safe areas to do that.

200 mile days are pretty normal, after a late breakfast start around 10 am.

Wow, 68 and still a need for speed.  I can appreciate that.  

Mountain riding is fun because you can get back into country to often has never been touched by another human.  And that which has been touched has only been seen by a very tiny percentage of the population.  

I'm sure I would like groomed trails too as long as the speed limits and the penalties were reasonable.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You're the first one to say that.  I've seen team switch brands because Cat isn't giving them away.  In fact, I've got a racer coming tomorrow (I hope) that I know the team payed 10k for.

So....maybe it's different up there, but I can promise I've NEVER heard anything but Cat being the most stingy on their racers.  Their racing budget is shoestring level and that's what makes their results that much more impressive.

No hes not...i said that in theother thread you started....just a condensed version.

A 2018 ZR6000 R XC is right around $6200 to qualified riders on the Race Program.  These are B team riders.  Ones who typically barely crack the top 10.