Check your account email address ×

Whoa fucking whoa!!!

Anler

31 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

XRS sells well I think far better than the XCR or cats RR but part of that was they softened them up to be great trail sleds.  I've had the pro 40 suspension for the last 5 years and am hard pressed to go to anything else

They used to be alot stiffer...before they had the r motion.

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I just talked with a kid I'm sponsoring shock work for.  He is a rookie and had no prior race experience.  He applied for the Cat Race program and was offered one ZR 6000R XC for $6600 and a second at $7700.  He could buy up to 3 for $7700.  He was just considered a "Factory Rider", the lowest level on the Program.  Until he had actual race experience with finishes he isn't even considered a B Team rider.  

So this guy you know is either:

A. Not a racer.

B. Not applying through the Cat Race Program.

C. Not telling you the truth.

D. Getting his fudge packed by Cat and loving it.

E. Paying more than he should and loving it.

F. A Faggot.  

G. All of the above.

Just heard back from a guy in Team Arctic.  Cat sells R's for 9k+400 shipping w/discounts for multiple sleds.  Last he heard, last year prices,  Poo sells theirs for 8500 shipped to the dealer. again, discounts for multiple sleds.  

So....  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The 11 valving was definately stiffer than the 13's.  I've had them both uncapped.  The 11's were PERRRFECT.  IMO.

Yes my 11 was perfect as well. The shocks on my x gade 1200 are garbage in comparison....perhaps an upgrade...but im too cheap.... :lol:

46 minutes ago, DAVE said:

They used to be alot stiffer...before they had the r motion.

Im hearing that the XRS is a bit stiff and is getting smoked by TNT's and Back Country's. Like smoked bad. 

21 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Im hearing that the XRS is a bit stiff and is getting smoked by TNT's and Back Country's. Like smoked bad. 

Well, I know this is all kinda new to you (jab in the eye), but the XRS is NOT intended to be a straight line racer.  It's a rough trail/"ditchbang" model.  The suspension is not designed for planted starts and maximum traction.  And since most with them have NO IDEA what they are doing with that level of shock package, the ones being raced like that aren't even close to adjusted to be "all they can be" on the lakes.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Well, I know this is all kinda new to you (jab in the eye), but the XRS is NOT intended to be a straight line racer.  It's a rough trail/"ditchbang" model.  The suspension is not designed for planted starts and maximum traction.  And since most with them have NO IDEA what they are doing with that level of shock package, the ones being raced like that aren't even close to adjusted to be "all they can be" on the lakes.

You have no clue what your babbling about lol

54 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yes my 11 was perfect as well. The shocks on my x gade 1200 are garbage in comparison....perhaps an upgrade...but im too cheap.... :lol:

Re-valve?  I ran across a set of KYB's off a 14 doo with 500 miles on them for $1200 a while back.  Fronts and backs!!!  I almost picked them up.

I know but thats not why most people buy it. They buy it because it is the "top of the line" skidoo snowmobile. Then they buy them and find out that they ride higher and are a bit "tippier" and arent as fast off the line or top speed and get all pissed. I agree with you, big dummies... 

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I know but thats not why most people buy it. They buy it because it is the "top of the line" skidoo snowmobile. Then they buy them and find out that they ride higher and are a bit "tippier" and arent as fast off the line or top speed and get all pissed. I agree with you, big dummies... 

I know why they buy it...along with the tools buying the rest of the RR models that don't know shit about suspensions and aren't interested in learning.  Posers gonna pose and that will never change.  My doo dealer got sick of the complaints of "this rides like shit" from the XRS buyers.  He now makes them watch a video in the sales office before they buy it.  Actually a damn good idea.

It's ok.

The SX sleds will hook and transfer weight as well as any other sled. The lack of top speed has little to do with the shocks. Its the attack angle of the short track sleds mostly. I question if you know anything at all about sleds

Just now, f7ben said:

The SX sleds will hook and transfer weight as well as any other sled. The lack of top speed has little to do with the shocks. Its the attack angle of the short track sleds mostly. I question if you know anything at all about sleds

:lol:

Is this Neal?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Attack angle? Is that like a "Cone Index"? :news:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Just heard back from a guy in Team Arctic.  Cat sells R's for 9k+400 shipping w/discounts for multiple sleds.  Last he heard, last year prices,  Poo sells theirs for 8500 shipped to the dealer. again, discounts for multiple sleds.  

So....  :dunno:

The $400 for shipping is the only part that matches what the racers around here have to pay for a 6000R XC.  

As for Polaris, $8500 gets you an IQr or an XCR.  Polaris pushes the IQr for short distance XC and their IceX racers. For longer distance you can get the XCR.  Shipping is included in the price.  

This is one of the teams I'm helping with this year.  They are riding 2018 XCR's.  They should do pretty well.  I know they are hoping for a Top 10 finish.  

https://www.facebook.com/Team.Kidwell.Wood/?ref=br_rs

23659350_2231795877047220_39328770952156

Edited by AKIQPilot

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Sometimes it seems like Zam is a 6 year old trapped in a man's body..........

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

The $400 for shipping is the only part that matches what the racers around here have to pay for a 6000R XC.  

As for Polaris, $8500 gets you an IQr or an XCR.  Polaris pushes the IQr for short distance XC and their IceX racers. For longer distance you can get the XCR.  

This is one of the teams I'm helping with this year.  They are riding 2018 XCR's.  They should do pretty well.  I know they are hoping for a Top 10 finish.  

https://www.facebook.com/Team.Kidwell.Wood/?ref=br_rs

23659350_2231795877047220_39328770952156

That's not bad talent for motorsports racers.  Trade deals?  :whistle:

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I had to read his idiotic assertion about sx sleds not hooking up 3x to make sure i was getting it lolz

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Mention something with an "X" and Benny gets all SNO-CROSSY!!!!!!  

He's your Poo boy, take him under your wing or something.  Just don't let him ride (or work on) your sleds.  :lol:

Just now, f7ben said:

I had to read his idiotic assertion about sx sleds not hooking up 3x to make sure i was getting it lolz

Told you.  :lol:

And he read it three times.  I think it's time for SeRena to write out what REALLY happened.  :lmao:

That's not bad talent for motorsports racers.  Trade deals?  :whistle:

Both of these ladies are pretty bad ass.  Ashley, on the right, is a multi time state SnoX, XC and MX champion.  She has won Arctic Man as well. Rachel is just a regular athlete.  She played college Volleyball at Colorado. Rachel is super competitive.  Both of these ladies race in the Pro Women's class as well as the Semi Pro men's class in both SnoX and XC.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Both of these ladies are pretty bad ass.  Ashley, on the right, is a multi time state SnoX, XC and MX champion.  She has won Arctic Man as well. Rachel is just a regular athlete.  She played college Volleyball at Colorado. Rachel is super competitive.  Both of these ladies race in the Pro Women's class as well as the Semi Pro men's class in both SnoX and XC.  

You gonna work the Iron Dog again and give us updates?

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Told you.  :lol:

And he read it three times.  I think it's time for SeRena to write out what REALLY happened.  :lmao:

Oh tell us more about how xrs shocks slow the sled down significantly :lol:

The added ride height probably scrubs 2-3 mph at the top in good conditions

Just now, f7ben said:

Oh tell us more about how xrs shocks slow the sled down significantly :lol:

The added ride height probably scrubs 2-3 mph at the top in good conditions

:lol: Who said that.  And who is "us".  You ever feel like you read things incorrectly cuz your brain just wants to argue?  Do you get hit a lot?  It's probably not hard enough.  I can fix you.