Check your account email address ×

Whoa fucking whoa!!!

Anler

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In loose snow they said 189 KPH which is 117 MPH, a stocker in those same conditions is 150 KPH or 93 MPH.

But here is a vid of there power trail tune doing 150 MPH on ice :bc: 

That is just fucking INNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

• Like 1

In loose snow they said 189 KPH which is 117 MPH, a stocker in those same conditions is 150 KPH or 93 MPH.

But here is a vid of there power trail tune doing 150 MPH on ice :bc: 

Turbo Apex have been doing that for years already. When we were in cable and they had the races the fastest sled was a turbo Apex. 149mph or 159mph. Bottom line is if you want to go that fast you need a turbo Yamaha. :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Turbo Apex have been doing that for years already. When we were in cable and they had the races the fastest sled was a turbo Apex. 149mph or 159mph. Bottom line is if you want to go that fast you need a turbo Yamaha. :bc:

The difference is now they are doing 150mph with sleds that are very close to stock with a tune and on pump gas.  A bit different than a turbo Apex. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

My hearsay wasnt some broad statement like yours. My hearsay was a specific number about how much a B Team racer pays for. New 6000 XC. 

So ask your sources to actually put some numbers behind those annual Race Budget claims. 

I have no doubt that Poo has a decent annual race budget. I have always been told that Doo invest the least in their race budget, by far.  

You putting up the cost of sleds for one team (as I rebutted with numbers from what I got), now makes me have to put up racing budget numbers from all three?  How I am I supposed to get those?  My conjecture was this...and it's a relatively well known fact over the years in circles around my parts (not all "Madcatters" either).  Poo spends the most on their racing budget, Doo is second and Cat is way down the line...cuz, well...look at the margin differences in profits.  Your claim that cat wins more because of them throwing sleds at racers is hilarious to me.  I get where you may be coming from, and like my statement yesterday, maybe it's regional.  I don't know.  But the three folks I went back and forth about it laughed like hell over the fact that their sleds are "the cheapest".  One flat out told me that they can't match Doo or Poo on race team sled bids....Not even close.  The one thing it did make me wonder was, why is he bidding race sleds?  Is it Poo and Doo trying to get Cats at a "steal" or is it Cat trying to convince other teams to ride Cats?  I'm sure that is a questions I would not get an answer to though.  I'm not that tight with these guys....we just know eachother.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The difference is now they are doing 150mph with sleds that are very close to stock with a tune and on pump gas.  A bit different than a turbo Apex. 

Well the factory turbo is fairly new. I think it's pretty easy to tune a turbo engine to do that but probably not too practical to offer that kind of power in a stock factory sled. At least not from a liability standpoint. They are just getting crazy fast now.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That is just fucking INNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I had an 09 and 12 Turbo all stock besides some clutching and track swaps, I never did a tune because I thought having the ability to hit the hundred teens was fast enough.

My expert camerawoman get blown down here :lol: 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Holy fucking off the rails. My OP is about the top 800 2 stroke trail sled. Now we are balls deep into tuned turbos and Arctic cats racing program. For fucks sake man I'm just trying to steer the conversation away from politics and onto snowmobiling. The fun kind. :lol:

We are just trying to wipe some of the Gay off of your SkiDoo thread by talking about fast sleds which just happen to be Cat and Yamaha.  You are welcome.

• Haha 2

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

We are just trying to wipe some of the Gay off of your SkiDoo thread by talking about fast sleds which just happen to be Cat and Yamaha.  You are welcome.

I think it's pretty clear that you bring the gay and you bring it on your yamacat. :bc:

12 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

660' I can't imagine the rush.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

660' I can't imagine the rush.

It's fast, no doubt. I'm dangerous enough on my measly 160hp 800. I don't need to be getting stupid on that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I had an 09 and 12 Turbo all stock besides some clutching and track swaps, I never did a tune because I thought having the ability to hit the hundred teens was fast enough.

:lol: Man, I've always been an adrenaline junky (which is why my body is falling apart), that shit looks pretty fucking fun on those sled superhighways.  I've got a standing invitation to go out east and ride some of the big boy sleds some of my buds are putting together out there.  They call my type of riding "grocery store quarter rides".  :lol: One day I'll probably throw my leg over one jsut to see....Some of their videos (like these) are just amazing.  The real good ones have them racing modded 800 sleds just to give some idea of what kind of HP these sleds have.  I mean...it's like passing a walking pedestrian on a highway.

:lol:

Image result for coin ride gif

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That's ben between corners :lol:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I think you will appreciate the link below as it has Team Arctic info going back to 2004, contingency, clutching, shock valving, jetting. torque specs, etc.

https://www.arcticcat.com/teamarctic/riders-only/

This guy has been such a huge part of the Arctic race program and is just truly a genuine guy.

That is a very good video and how rare and special is it for AC to have a guy like Roger Skime that has been there since the beginning....it's one of the reasons that no matter how many times I stray I always end up back on a Cat. I know Textron owns them and fit and finish is this or that and blah, blah.....AC just feels like grass roots old school sledding to me.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You putting up the cost of sleds for one team (as I rebutted with numbers from what I got), now makes me have to put up racing budget numbers from all three?  How I am I supposed to get those?  My conjecture was this...and it's a relatively well known fact over the years in circles around my parts (not all "Madcatters" either).  Poo spends the most on their racing budget, Doo is second and Cat is way down the line...cuz, well...look at the margin differences in profits.  Your claim that cat wins more because of them throwing sleds at racers is hilarious to me.  I get where you may be coming from, and like my statement yesterday, maybe it's regional.  I don't know.  But the three folks I went back and forth about it laughed like hell over the fact that their sleds are "the cheapest".  One flat out told me that they can't match Doo or Poo on race team sled bids....Not even close.  The one thing it did make me wonder was, why is he bidding race sleds?  Is it Poo and Doo trying to get Cats at a "steal" or is it Cat trying to convince other teams to ride Cats?  I'm sure that is a questions I would not get an answer to though.  I'm not that tight with these guys....we just know eachother.

Well your buds are full of shit. You cant come up with those budget numbers  because someone pulled them out of their ass  

For the 2018 race season

A 600cc XC race sled from Cat cost a typical B Team rider around $7000 + $400 for shipping

A 600cc XC race sled from Poo cost a typical B Team rider $8500 and shipping is included. That is a fact  

A 600cc XC race sled from Doo costs a typical B Team rider between $9200 and $10,200. The Doo race program lets local dealers decide how much racers pay for the sleds. The contract a racer signs for buying race sleds is handled at the dealer level. All prices and whether the sled will be returned to the dealer at the end of the season are negotiated with the dealer.  

Poo and Cat riders do not go through the local dealers to determine race sled prices or how many they are allowed to buy.  Sled prices are determined by the Race Department. 

So how is the Poo or Doo cheaper. I know for a fact what the 2018 Poo race sleds cost. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a very good video and how rare and special is it for AC to have a guy like Roger Skime that has been there since the beginning....it's one of the reasons that no matter how many times I stray I always end up back on a Cat. I know Textron owns them and fit and finish is this or that and blah, blah.....AC just feels like grass roots old school sledding to me.:thumbsup:

Id agree with you on the old stuff..but spend some time on a procross....all it feels like to me is being on cheaper version of a ski doo.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DAVE said:

Id agree with you on the old stuff..but spend some time on a procross....all it feels like to me is being on cheaper version of a ski doo.

Yeah I can't comment on that...would like to try one. My SnoPro 500 chassis was perfection IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well your buds are full of shit. You cant come up with those budget numbers  because someone pulled them out of their ass  

For the 2018 race season

A 600cc XC race sled from Cat cost a typical B Team rider around $7000 + $400 for shipping

A 600cc XC race sled from Poo cost a typical B Team rider $8500 and shipping is included. That is a fact  

A 600cc XC race sled from Doo costs a typical B Team rider between $9200 and $10,200. The Doo race program lets local dealers decide how much racers pay for the sleds. The contract a racer signs for buying race sleds is handled at the dealer level. All prices and whether the sled will be returned to the dealer at the end of the season are negotiated with the dealer.  

Poo and Cat riders do not go through the local dealers to determine race sled prices or how many they are allowed to buy.  Sled prices are determined by the Race Department. 

So how is the Poo or Doo cheaper. I know for a fact what the 2018 Poo race sleds cost. 

I would think like most forms of Racing if you could not be competitive on brand X no matter how much cheaper it was no one would buy it.

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

I would think like most forms of Racing if you could not be competitive on brand X no matter how much cheaper it was no one would buy it.

If you are somewhat telanted you will be competitive on anything imo....but in the end its all about the money.

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

For the 2018 race season

We went from OEM racing budgets to sled prices.  And your numbers are different than what I got for sure.  I was told the Cat racers are $8999+ shipping.  But, for sure....YOUR numbers are RIGHT!!!!!   I just may live in an area that doesn't have any contacts with the manus.  :lmao:

And "my friends are full of shit".  :lol:

Let's just get down to brass tacks here.  Polaris fucking sucks at racing.  Period.  And that is what really just gripes the shit out of Poolaiders.

SO!!!    FUCK YOU and now I gotta go get cooking!  

CAT RULZ!!!  AND SO DOES OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck...now I hope I don;t have to eat my words this weekend with a large helping of crow.  :lol:

33 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

That''s true, but through the years Cat has had a hand in developing some of the best racers in the sport across many disciplines and they lost some of those guys because of money and I'm thinking back to when Doo bought Morgan when they needed a winning pilot, and Yamaha did the same thing when they bought Vincent, unfortunately Yamaha an inferior sled and a party guy pilot didn't get the job done. 

That''s true, but through the years Cat has had a hand in developing some of the best racers in the sport across many disciplines and they lost some of those guys because of money and I'm thinking back to when Doo bought Morgan when they needed a winning pilot, and Yamaha did the same thing when they bought Vincent, unfortunately Yamaha an inferior sled and a party guy pilot didn't get the job done. 

You mean malinowski? Not vincent

Malinowski actually won a race on yammi. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We went from OEM racing budgets to sled prices.  And your numbers are different than what I got for sure.  I was told the Cat racers are $8999+ shipping.  But, for sure....YOUR numbers are RIGHT!!!!!   I just may live in an area that doesn't have any contacts with the manus.  :lmao:

And "my friends are full of shit".  :lol:

Let's just get down to brass tacks here.  Polaris fucking sucks at racing.  Period.  And that is what really just gripes the shit out of Poolaiders.

SO!!!    FUCK YOU and now I gotta go get cooking!  

CAT RULZ!!!  AND SO DOES OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck...now I hope I don;t have to eat my words this weekend with a large helping of crow.  :lol:

Tom actually works with a lot of racers doing shock work for them. He helps a few iron dog teams too. I'd take his word over your buddies friends uncle type response. Just sayin' :snack: 

• Like 1