Check your account email address ×

Whoa fucking whoa!!!

Anler

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Tom actually works with a lot of racers doing shock work for them. He helps a few iron dog teams too. I'd take his word over your buddies friends uncle type response. Just sayin' :snack: 

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Tom actually works with a lot of racers doing shock work for them. He helps a few iron dog teams too. I'd take his word over your buddies friends uncle type response. Just sayin' :snack: 

:lol:

Yeah...that's all I have.  Nobody around here knows fuck squat about sled racing.  :lmao: All I have is "hear say' from a "buddies friends uncle".  :lol:

What a suprpise you'll take his word over mine....I'M FLOORED!!!!!!!!!  Well, this is all settled then. Poo just needs to drop their racing sled prices and WINS are sure to follow.  Hell, what are they waiting for?  This should be easy for a cash rich Polaris operation.  Maybe they don't know this secret?  Somebody should get word out for sure!  Jesus!!  We've disconverd the key to winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mass racing machine give aways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, can you tell Poo then?  I'm not sure I'm convinced enough.  Thanks.

What.gif

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Yeah...that's all I have.  Nobody around here knows fuck squat about sled racing.  :lmao: All I have is "hear say' from a "buddies friends uncle".  :lol:

What a suprpise you'll take his word over mine....I'M FLOORED!!!!!!!!!  Well, this is all settled then. Poo just needs to drop their racing sled prices and WINS are sure to follow.  Hell, what are they waiting for?  This should be easy for a cash rich Polaris operation.  Maybe they don't know this secret?  Somebody should get word out for sure!  Jesus!!  We've disconverd the key to winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mass racing machine give aways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, can you tell Poo then?  I'm not sure I'm convinced enough.  Thanks.

What.gif

That's how gay racing is. Cat has the best racing team but their company struggles to stay in business. Racing just isn't as popular as it once was and nobody really pays attention to it anymore. In fact I can't remember the last conversation I had with anyone about snowmobile racing. I like the iron dog race and have followed it for some years now because I think it is pretty exciting with the challenges they face and Tom gives us boots on the ground Intel. But oval, snow x, drag, whatever.. could care less. 

Cat has always been a fundamental cornerstone of the snowmobile industry, their contributions to the sport are unmatched. I hope they kick it in the ass and start focusing in what consumers are interested in and push this sport even further forward. And I hope Yamaha does too. Its good for everybody to have strong competition among the different brands. Things can only get better. But racing is gay. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That's how gay racing is. Cat has the best racing team but their company struggles to stay in business. Racing just isn't as popular as it once was and nobody really pays attention to it anymore. In fact I can't remember the last conversation I had with anyone about snowmobile racing. I like the iron dog race and have followed it for some years now because I think it is pretty exciting with the challenges they face and Tom gives us boots on the ground Intel. But oval, snow x, drag, whatever.. could care less. 

Cat has always been a fundamental cornerstone of the snowmobile industry, their contributions to the sport are unmatched. I hope they kick it in the ass and start focusing in what consumers are interested in and push this sport even further forward. And I hope Yamaha does too. Its good for everybody to have strong competition among the different brands. Things can only get better. But racing is gay. :lol:

You're gay.  :bigfinger: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You mean malinowski? Not vincent

Malinowski actually won a race on yammi. :lol:

Vincent was a Team Arctic guy then went to Yammie because they threw a bunch of money his way, and then he went to Doo. I believe  @DriftBusta knew Vincent as he was an east coast guy who came up through the Rock Maple circuit

6 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

True.  Racing in any recreation activity provides but a small amount of entertainment to consumers.  HOWEVER, it is also the #1 reason why our sport and other sports are able to bring the vehicle performance to the consumers at the level they are all achieving.  Cat is small.  In fact...itty bitty small compared to the rest.  What they can achieve being the smallest should be impressive to everyone.  But again, it only impresses some at the "wanna own" levels.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I like racing.  I always have.  I have bought, owned and raced my vehicles (not just thet brands) based on on track performances and the ability of the OEM's tio bring that to me, the consumer/amateur racer/wannabe racer.  It matters to me.  I know I sit in a very select and small group though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

True.  Racing in any recreation activity provides but a small amount of entertainment to consumers.  HOWEVER, it is also the #1 reason why our sport and other sports are able to bring the vehicle performance to the consumers at the level they are all achieving.  Cat is small.  In fact...itty bitty small compared to the rest.  What they can achieve being the smallest should be impressive to everyone.  But again, it only impresses some at the "wanna own" levels.  Nothing wrong with that.  

I like racing.  I always have.  I have bought, owned and raced my vehicles (not just thet brands) based on on track performances and the ability of the OEM's tio bring that to me, the consumer/amateur racer/wannabe racer.  It matter to me.  I know I sit in a very select group though.

I read a really good article in snowtech about the backcountry x. Skidoo was giving them prototypes to ride and give feedback on. They gave them the feedback and skidoo made changes. Eventually they nailed the calibration. I think this is a better way of design and engineering and is making it work alot better in real world applications. Skidoo, ahead of the game.... :bc:

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Yea this goes way beyond snowmobiles. The youngsters coming up now wore bicycle helmets and had training wheels till they were 15 and think electric cars are cool. Let's face it if it does not have a joy stick or play on some screen the youth today are just not interested.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I've been to Eagle River many times and I still feel the excitement of race day even when I go by the track in the summer, there is something special on race days with the race rigs, flags flying, the smells, sounds, etc.

The SnoCross finale in Lake Geneva is pretty cool too, on the bucket list is the Spirit Lake opener, the Soo I 500, and the Winnipeg/Bemidji I 500.

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I read a really good article in snowtech about the backcountry x. Skidoo was giving them prototypes to ride and give feedback on. They gave them the feedback and skidoo made changes. Eventually they nailed the calibration. I think this is a better way of design and engineering and is making it work alot better in real world applications. Skidoo, ahead of the game.... :bc:

I was talking to some of the Doo teams years ago about how doo was struggling with the racing..we all kinda agreed their attitude was they didn't care.  This is when Malinoski jumed over to Poo.  What was weird about our wrong assumption of "they don't care" was how they were going about getting their information from the racers.  They were literally bombarding them with Q&A mandatory reports Monday through Friday.  It was a fucking mess the way I understand it.  The Teams couldn't tune and get their sleds "right" before they had to continually give up their information..which they agreed was worthless because it wasn't performing correctly, or at least not at the level they wanted.  I think this was a case of massive micromanagement from the top down.  They've since gotten it right...and BAM!  Winners!  Real winners?  Even though you "hate racing" is YOU...their consumer.  I've said it before here and everywhere else:  I think Doo makes the best set-up, best performing, most reliable sled out of the crate.  BAR NONE with really no one in a close second.  Sales numbers continue to support that.  UNDENIABLE.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I've been to Eagle River many times and I still feel the excitement of race day even when I go by the track in the summer, there is something special on race days with the race rigs, flags flying, the smells, sounds, etc.

The SnoCross finale in Lake Geneva is pretty cool too, on the bucket list is the Spirit Lake opener, the Soo I 500, and the Winnipeg/Bemidji I 500.

But really, when is the last time you went? We rode right past the race a couple years ago. The interest in it is fading and has been. 

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I like racing.  I always have.  I have bought, owned and raced my vehicles (not just thet brands) based on on track performances and the ability of the OEM's tio bring that to me, the consumer/amateur racer/wannabe racer.  It matters to me.  I know I sit in a very select and small group though.

That was true, but it's not anymore.....poor Doo and Poo :lol: 

https://www.textron.com/

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

So after 11 pages it’s still the same thing it’s always been, Analer is Vince’s sledding bitch. :bc: 

Youre everyones sledding bitch mr. Broke on a rope. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

We went from OEM racing budgets to sled prices.  And your numbers are different than what I got for sure.  I was told the Cat racers are $8999+ shipping.  But, for sure....YOUR numbers are RIGHT!!!!!   I just may live in an area that doesn't have any contacts with the manus.  :lmao:

And "my friends are full of shit".  :lol:

Let's just get down to brass tacks here.  Polaris fucking sucks at racing.  Period.  And that is what really just gripes the shit out of Poolaiders.

SO!!!    FUCK YOU and now I gotta go get cooking!  

CAT RULZ!!!  AND SO DOES OZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck...now I hope I don;t have to eat my words this weekend with a large helping of crow.  :lol:

Have fun at the races this weekend Zam.  Duluth is a pretty cool place for the Season Opener.  The track has changed a lot since the Hay Day of SnoX but it's easier for spectators to watch now.  

PS.  Don't get your hopes up about Cats chances this weekend.  Hibbert will be on point but riding a stock Cat will be a big letdown for him.  Cat will be lucky to get 3 sleds into the final.   

Kamm, Tremblay, Narsa, Lemiuex.  Those are the names to watch again this season.  

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's Spirit Mountain.  :news: 

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Vincent was a Team Arctic guy then went to Yammie because they threw a bunch of money his way, and then he went to Doo. I believe  @DriftBusta knew Vincent as he was an east coast guy who came up through the Rock Maple circuit

Didnt know that....thought he was a poo guy

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

But really, when is the last time you went? We rode right past the race a couple years ago. The interest in it is fading and has been. 

2012 was the last time, last year I had a trip planned for Derby weekend but weather turned to spring a week before the race and just ruined the trails, Team Canada was up for that trip as were you, TC Man, and many others, we had at least a half dozen rooms booked at the Bel Air.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was talking to some of the Doo teams years ago about how doo was struggling with the racing..we all kinda agreed their attitude was they didn't care.  This is when Malinoski jumed over to Poo.  What was weird about our wrong assumption of "they don't care" was how they were going about getting their information from the racers.  They were literally bombarding them with Q&A mandatory reports Monday through Friday.  It was a fucking mess the way I understand it.  The Teams couldn't tune and get their sleds "right" before they had to continually give up their information..which they agreed was worthless because it wasn't performing correctly, or at least not at the level they wanted.  I think this was a case of massive micromanagement from the top down.  They've since gotten it right...and BAM!  Winners!  Real winners?  Even though you "hate racing" is YOU...their consumer.  I've said it before here and everywhere else:  I think Doo makes the best set-up, best performing, most reliable sled out of the crate.  BAR NONE with really no one in a close second.  Sales numbers continue to support that.  UNDENIABLE.

Quite possible on the racing end. No question cat has an exceptional racing program, always have. But the old mantra of "wins on Sunday sells on monday" just isn't true anymore. People want the latest, greatest and newest stuff now. And with sled prices approaching the $20k Mark that is what it has to be to get folks to shell out for this stuff. Doo figured that out years ago and the accessories market is probably more important than the sleds themselves anymore.