Check your account email address ×

I gotta watch that dick Trump on the news

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

See I figured him to be an old man with the mind of a child.:lol:

Where does he think he would have ended up if not for his old man?  Good for him though that he was fortunate enough to be given a lift like that and kept things going as many others would have blown it.  For that he deserves credit.

Agreed on the family business thing.  I’ve seen a couple of those run into the ground by “sonny”.  Still, it sure appears that at 50+ years, he’s lives a sheltered life far away from real world experiences. Still just SMH.

shit....I hope he doesn’t turn out like MC.  I think MC has spent most of his life locked in the cellar.  He had to be some type of social experiment.

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Most people coming out of college today are morons, sorry you’re too stupid to see that. 

I don’t see the people coming out of US institutions. You may be right about yours. 

1 hour ago, hayward said:

you'd have to be blind to not take notice there is a serious problem with these people and their correlation to obtaining common sense.  Oh they're quick on the draw with technology like computers and cell phones and techy car features, but i'd bet three-fourths of them don't know where the dipstick is on the vehicle they drive.

How often do you add oil between changes?  Remember when a reporter tried to prove Henry Ford was stupid? Look it up. 

Do you remember everyone saying the same thing about the kids coming out of school in the 80’s?

I saw offices and factories in the 80’s. Lots of people fucking the dog all day for a far better return. 

40 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Come on Rev, if it were not for dad where would you have ended up?  You were fortunate.

I was born white in Canada with a good work ethic. I was going to be fine.

Where do you draw the line on “if it wasn’t for my parents?” Stable home life, good morals, work ethic, access to credit, safety net etc.

I won the lottery being born into a white middle class Canadian household. 

i could have started a construction business instead of working for my Dad. Built my own house when I was 21. I had an aptitude for it and I was good at dealing with trades. Timing would have been excellent. 

I still would have owed the things I learned working from my Dad to my success.  I would have owed my ability to deal with people to my Mother. 

Because my brother and I took the easy route my parents are worth far more than they would have been if they sold the business to someone else. I’m probably worth more than I would have been but who knows. I’m not complaining. 

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Weird as it may be, I swear I thought he may be in his early 20’s.  Like 20-21.  I’d have never guessed in his 50’s.  NEVER.  His posts seem as though his real life experience is extremely minimal.

Not even trying to insult him either.

It’s because of his childlike intellect.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I was born white in Canada with a good work ethic. I was going to be fine.

Where do you draw the line on “if it wasn’t for my parents?” Stable home life, good morals, work ethic, access to credit, safety net etc.

I won the lottery being born into a white middle class Canadian household. 

i could have started a construction business instead of working for my Dad. Built my own house when I was 21. I had an aptitude for it and I was good at dealing with trades. Timing would have been excellent. 

I still would have owed the things I learned working from my Dad to my success.  I would have owed my ability to deal with people to my Mother. 

Because my brother and I took the easy route my parents are worth far more than they would have been if they sold the business to someone else. I’m probably worth more than I would have been but who knows. I’m not complaining. 

Were do you draw the line?:lol:You grabbed it hook, line and sinker.

It takes a lot more than I think I can to start and run a successful business.  I really laugh at simpletons who think investing in stocks is risky, as they really have no fucking clue what risky is.

Last week we did a fairly large MES integration project re-interfacing to my control system put in about 8 years ago.  One of the lead MES integrator's is an excellent programmer, great people and customer service skills, and tried his go at running his own business about 5 years ago and failed miserably.  Why, he could not get any customers.  It takes a lot more than having the skills.  You have no idea where things would have taken you, just be thankful of where you are.

On the housing, if you are about my age, that would have been the time to get into the housing market, from just a damn luck perspective.  I owned three by the time I was 25 after doing 4 years of engineering, had I skipped that I likely would have had 7 or 8 by then and kept it going from there.  A lot of if's in that, but I would still be much further ahead with my choosen path.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

2 hours ago, hayward said:

whoooooosh! :lol:

good day sir

Sorry that you didn’t understand 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Were do you draw the line?:lol:You grabbed it hook, line and sinker.

It takes a lot more than I think I can to start and run a successful business.  I really laugh at simpletons who think investing in stocks is risky, as they really have no fucking clue what risky is.

Last week we did a fairly large MES integration project re-interfacing to my control system put in about 8 years ago.  One of the lead MES integrator's is an excellent programmer, great people and customer service skills, and tried his go at running his own business about 5 years ago and failed miserably.  Why, he could not get any customers.  It takes a lot more than having the skills.  You have no idea where things would have taken you, just be thankful of where you are.

On the housing, if you are about my age, that would have been the time to get into the housing market, from just a damn luck perspective.  I owned three by the time I was 25 after doing 4 years of engineering, had I skipped that I likely would have had 7 or 8 by then and kept it going from there.  A lot of if's in that, but I would still be much further ahead with my choosen path.

If done right there are huge margins in the construction industry. Do you know how many businesses went under in the last two recessions. Part luck, part good sense stopped us from being on those lists. 

I enjoy watching you people pretend trump is a successful business person and then go after me. Many of you have defended his bankruptcies, lawsuits and shady business deals. 

So pardon me if your  opinion on business means very little. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So this Revqueer fella is another one that was born on 3rd Base and thinks he hit a triple? 

You dumb ass. Most white Canadians are born on 2nd base. 

34 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

If done right there are huge margins in the construction industry. Do you know how many businesses went under in the last two recessions. Part luck, part good sense stopped us from being on those lists. 

I enjoy watching you people pretend trump is a successful business person and then go after me. Many of you have defended his bankruptcies, lawsuits and shady business deals. 

So pardon me if your  opinion on business means very little. 

Geeze,

Cause growing up Italian I didn't have many friends whose parents owned construction companies.  :lol:Some did OK, others did not, very few are still around today.  What would have been your business plan?

So we survived the last recession as we are financially solid and diversified across many industries.  So when one drops, others pick up.  Food tends to be quite stable regardless.

I don't defend Trump as a businessman, I just point out in the industry he is in is a bid to spec, so there is little room for extras unless there is a change in scope.

I used to work in Waste and water treatment automation before starting my own company, you want to talk about bankruptcies, lawsuits and shady business.  There is no more extra money, read the specs, you are responsible for a fully functioning system regardless of what is written in the specs.  We used to say whoever won the bid was the sucker, don't think the company ever made more than a few % on any project, and that was before paying the bills.

That is the business Trump is in 'a whores market'.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Weird as it may be, I swear I thought he may be in his early 20’s.  Like 20-21.  I’d have never guessed in his 50’s.  NEVER.  His posts seem as though his real life experience is extremely minimal.

Not even trying to insult him either.

Yea.  Low to mid 20's is what I figured all along.  His incessant arguing about the most mundane subjects tells me he has never grown up.  He acts like a 15 year old know it all most of the time.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See I figured him to be an old man with the mind of a child.:lol:

Where does he think he would have ended up if not for his old man?  Good for him though that he was fortunate enough to be given a lift like that and kept things going as many others would have blown it.  For that he deserves credit.

Oh,  so we have another silver spooner in our midst.  It's all starting to make sense now.  

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So this Revqueer fella is another one that was born on 3rd Base and thinks he hit a triple? 

Exactly.   In addition to that, he thinks he is better and smarter than those he disagrees with.  What a putz. 

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea.  Low to mid 20's is what I figured all along.  His incessant arguing about the most mundane subjects tells me he has never grown up.  He acts like a 15 year old know it all most of the time.

Oh,  so we have another silver spooner in our midst.  It's all starting to make sense now.  

Exactly.   In addition to that, he thinks he is better and smarter than those he disagrees with.  What a putz. 

So you don’t like silver spooners but Trumps Dad keeping him from serving, handing him money and then bailing him out when he burned through that is ok?

moron. 

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Geeze,

Cause growing up Italian I didn't have many friends whose parents owned construction companies.  :lol:Some did OK, others did not, very few are still around today.  What would have been your business plan?

So we survived the last recession as we are financially solid and diversified across many industries.  So when one drops, others pick up.  Food tends to be quite stable regardless.

I don't defend Trump as a businessman, I just point out in the industry he is in is a bid to spec, so there is little room for extras unless there is a change in scope.

I used to work in Waste and water treatment automation before starting my own company, you want to talk about bankruptcies, lawsuits and shady business.  There is no more extra money, read the specs, you are responsible for a fully functioning system regardless of what is written in the specs.  We used to say whoever won the bid was the sucker, don't think the company ever made more than a few % on any project, and that was before paying the bills.

That is the business Trump is in 'a whores market'.

You didn’t mention housing. 

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So you don’t like silver spooners but Trumps Dad keeping him from serving, handing him money and then bailing him out when he burned through that is ok?

moron. 

So you don’t like silver spooners except Kerry , Franken , Kennedy etc....

32 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So you don’t like silver spooners except Kerry , Franken , Kennedy etc....

I think if you are born with certain advantages, it is even more important to treat people fair and act decently.

Much like punishments for people in power should be more severe when they break that trust.

So even though have have far more respect for self made people in general, how they got their is very important.

Many of you don't like Warren Buffett because of his politics. But you'd have to think he has done as many deals as Trump.

How many lawsuits have their been against him vs Trump?

Trump doesn't stand up to any test a Republican would put to a Democrat. Yet people on here defend him daily.

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I think if you are born with certain advantages, it is even more important to treat people fair and act decently.

Much like punishments for people in power should be more severe when they break that trust.

So even though have have far more respect for self made people in general, how they got their is very important.

Many of you don't like Warren Buffett because of his politics. But you'd have to think he has done as many deals as Trump.

Trump doesn't stand up to any test a Republican would put to a Democrat. Yet people on here defend him daily.

So,, in short it’s ok to be a rich silver spooner as long as your a liberal :lol:

17 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So,, in short it’s ok to be a rich silver spooner as long as your a liberal :lol:

I'm glad you realized that these words describe liberals   

"I think if you are born with certain advantages, it is even more important to treat people fair and act decently."

Because it sure as shit doesn't describe Trump.

BTW you know both President Bush were silver spooners too don't you?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

"I think if you are born with certain advantages, it is even more important to treat people fair and act decently."

No , it describes a self serving silver spooner deflecting from his own hypocrisy,

2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

No , it describes a self serving silver spooner deflecting from his own hypocrisy,

If that’s what you think treating people fairly and acting decently means, no wonder you are a Trumpster. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

If that’s what you think treating people fairly and acting decently means, no wonder you are a Trumpster. 

So, according to left wing liver spooner logic , the only rich people that treat people fairly are liberal,   

You’re as pathetic as McLiar ,

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

news flash until about 10 yrs ago trump was 100% on your side . 

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

So, according to left wing liver spooner logic , the only rich people that treat people fairly are liberal,   

You’re as pathetic as McLiar ,

it is just like Hollywood people most silver spoon people only think they know what hard working to the top feels like . it came ez so the money they give away dose not mean as much.  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

it is just like Hollywood people most silver spoon people only think they know what hard working to the top feels like . it came ez so the money they give away dose not mean as much.  

And none of them ever dodge taxes :lol:

39 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Come on guy, wake up already.  I've owned 4 different businesses, been sued and sued others.  Some times it goes with the territory.  Trump owns 500 companies.  You don't think in the course of running 500 companies, there are't legal disputes?!  You need to lose that lame ass talking about being sued, because you never put it in context.  We defend him because 90% of the nonsense that the media throws at him is utter bullshit, and if it wasn't defended, it has a corrosive effect after a while, regardless of how good of a job he's doing.  Most of all, the alternative is someone in my judgement, a criminal.  The Donna Brazile revelations should answer any questions about whether we've been correct about her dirty dealings.  And what has her punishment been?  More severe?  Its been zero.