Check your account email address ×

What are you drinking?

• 2 months later...

i said the same thing sunday. time to drop the pilsners and move on to the brown ales. hit local gas station that my friend used to own , always good beer. new owner has it stocked right up. with ipas. pick an ipa , probably there. anything darker was nothing. sam adams octoberfest was the only thing and i don't care for that. tons of tall cans , 98% ipa. oh and a shitload of ciders too. i left with nothing. my buddy had all kinds of beers in there. dogfish head has a great brown , ubu , and probably 5-6 more browns , plus stouts , etc. .i could have ran in the grocery store but i had my mtn bike in my truck. don't need some mutant stealing it. i only have one beer but i like it to be a good one. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

bud light platinum's tonight and some vodka... dont worry im parked in my driveway . tuning some new 12"s tonight pissing of the neighbors. :burp: :lmao:6C2855C9-4F96-4AA0-AFA4-F80D22E6865C.thumb.jpeg.e71cbc741aa81be9d0d398c756f6968b.jpeg

68C35548-44C4-45F6-8517-F20194571E1F.jpeg

i used a single 15 cerwin vega . custom built my box, multiple amps, passive eq , cerwin vega satellite speakers , 6x9 , 6.5 rounds , alpine amps and head unit, harmon kardon eq. i have most of it still, only have a truck, plus need my hearing . but that 15 would rumble your guts out

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

bud light platinum's tonight and some vodka... dont worry im parked in my driveway . tuning some new 12"s tonight pissing of the neighbors. :burp: :lmao:6C2855C9-4F96-4AA0-AFA4-F80D22E6865C.thumb.jpeg.e71cbc741aa81be9d0d398c756f6968b.jpeg

I haven't owned a pair of 12's since 1996. That's when I sold my '79 Bronco and bought a pick up to go plowing.

I did a single 10 in a sealed box for my son's Focus 5 years ago. Sounded great.

I put a single 10 in my '78 pick up last winter but it sounds like shit because the seat is too close to the face of the driver. Need to make improvements this winter. Not much space behind the seat. Hoping to rework it with 2 shallow mount 10's.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

i used a single 15 cerwin vega . custom built my box, multiple amps, passive eq , cerwin vega satellite speakers , 6x9 , 6.5 rounds , alpine amps and head unit, harmon kardon eq. i have most of it still, only have a truck, plus need my hearing . but that 15 would rumble your guts out

15"s are sick. 
thats what literally got me into being a bass head. In high school my buddy had a oldsmobile bravada(chevy s10blazer) with 2 15"s with like 1500w...this was in year 2000. that was way beyond most peoples run of the mill 300w-600w systems in my area back then. thing would turn some heads :lol:

I just got 1k watt Audiopipe amp on these 12s right now and it hits . once they break in ill throw 2k watts at em. the box is tuned for 31hz so super low bass. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I haven't owned a pair of 12's since 1996. That's when I sold my '79 Bronco and bought a pick up to go plowing.

I did a single 10 in a sealed box for my son's Focus 5 years ago. Sounded great.

I put a single 10 in my '78 pick up last winter but it sounds like shit because the seat is too close to the face of the driver. Need to make improvements this winter. Not much space behind the seat. Hoping to rework it with 2 shallow mount 10's.

i like 10s also ...i had 3 10s in Her just before these 12s but i blew one and the box was coming apart so time to move on. 

• Like 1

10s have good punch. Even a good set of 8s . I have a Lanzar box from the 90s , 2 8s and 2 horn tweeters . Unreal how loud and how far you can push it. I went 15 to get the deepest bass. I ran underpowered and it was brutal. I had it all in a first generation Jetta. The box barely fit in the trunk and I bolted it down once in there. My friend watched me build the box to cerwin Vega specs but still fit. I did it and he hung around to hear it. It was midnight but I let her go and he just got in his car and left!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

10s have good punch. Even a good set of 8s . I have a Lanzar box from the 90s , 2 8s and 2 horn tweeters . Unreal how loud and how far you can push it. I went 15 to get the deepest bass. I ran underpowered and it was brutal. I had it all in a first generation Jetta. The box barely fit in the trunk and I bolted it down once in there. My friend watched me build the box to cerwin Vega specs but still fit. I did it and he hung around to hear it. It was midnight but I let her go and he just got in his car and left!

that was the shit back then little cars always had the craziest bass :lol:

I had 85 rx7 with 2 12s, took the whole hatch up :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Road sodas! :bc:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

that was the shit back then little cars always had the craziest bass :lol:

I had 85 rx7 with 2 12s, took the whole hatch up :lol:

i had 2 early rx7s and a 90 . i built a custom box for the 90 that went behind the bumps in the hatch for the strut. 2 10s , cerwin vega as usual , they assaulted you just because of where they were. i autocrossed both the early jetta and the 90 rx7 . had to gut the car on race day, always a joy getting the box out of the jetta. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

local brewery has an oak barrel brown right now that is dynamite. 9.5% borders on a barley wine . 

What's your local brewery?

I'm a huge fan of barrel aged dark beers, especially stouts and porters.

The Vanilla Rye Stout is 13.1%, so it's a sipper!

Edited by soeaster

13 hours ago, EvilBird said:

tuning some new 12"s 

Sweet.  Good to see Jacob is still in business.

12 hours ago, EvilBird said:

I just got 1k watt Audiopipe amp on these 12s right now and it hits . once they break in ill throw 2k watts at em. the box is tuned for 31hz so super low bass. 

Break in is a fairy tale.  Not that the spider softens but that you can't run full power.  As long as it is clean go for it right away.

As for drinking, going to be a scotch night.  On a plane from CA to Atlanta for a bachelor party tomorrow, but tonight I am going to hang with my uncle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soeaster said:

Looks like a cool place and beers sound tasty. Food sounds good too! 

Wish I was closer.

considering how bad all the other places are it's a gem. food is amazing, real laid back place. owners are friendly too. 

• 2 weeks later...