Check your account email address ×

If money was no problem..

I would have ordered the new 850.....no brainer as I could have got one at dealer cost... and I think it is going to rule the mountain for the next few years.  I truly believe Doo is raising the bar again.

• Like 1

I ordered the sled I wanted as a first choice.  I went with the RR from Cat just because it has the stronger shock package right out the door.  I am tired of replacing components.  There are quite a few sleds that I would love to try.  But, I had to narrow down the field.  There is only so much time to ride when you have to work in between.

Fantasy dream,  I would have ordered a full time mechanic and a fleet of sleds if money was no object.  I get tired of fixing OEM problems.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

I would have ordered the new 850.....no brainer as I could have got one at dealer cost... and I think it is going to rule the mountain for the next few years.  I truly believe Doo is raising the bar again.

I hope so cuz the 800 e tec is a junk motor.

I put 5000 hard miles on my last sled.  800 etec.  Not so much as blip til I toasted the Stator...just parted it out from there.  The only thing I didn't like was the difficulty in working around and on it.  Just limited space with all that fancy-shmancy technology.jammed in there.  And I didn't like how the secondary shaft set up bolted in there either.  The rest was pretty damn good.  Light, fast, and fun.  Not as sturdy as my RR that I have now that's for sure.  But like I said..it went 5000 miles on some tough terrain, corner to corner and gave all  I could ask of it.  Still...like my Cat better though.  It just feels more like a racer and is built for more punishment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I put 5000 hard miles on my last sled.  800 etec.  Not so much as blip til I toasted the Stator...just parted it out from there.  The only thing I didn't like was the difficulty in working around and on it.  Just limited space with all that fancy-shmancy technology.jammed in there.  And I didn't like how the secondary shaft set up bolted in there either.  The rest was pretty damn good.  Light, fast, and fun.  Not as sturdy as my RR that I have now that's for sure.  But like I said..it went 5000 miles on some tough terrain, corner to corner and gave all  I could ask of it.  Still...like my Cat better though.  It just feels more like a racer and is built for more punishment.

5000 miles for a $14,000 sled. Sounds like junk to me 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

6350 miles on my 2015 800 Etec - not one issue.  Traded it in and it still has 2 years warranty remaining.  I'm getting another one - 2017 - I'll keep it 2 years and go with the 850.  

There are a lot of quality sleds but there's no doubt Ski Doo is at the top. :bc: 

29 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

5000 miles for a $14,000 sled. Sounds like junk to me 

A new stator and it would have been good to go.  But at the 5000 mark, these sleds begin to become worth more in parts and I was ready for some new iron.  I actually sold the whole thing to a guy that parts them out.  It was in pretty good shape as I am pretty anal about upkeep.

image.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why would any company claim their next gen motor is less reliable?   

I think polaris has claimed their 800 is more reliable every yr since 2010 :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Wife loves her 08 xp 500ss..we bought it with like 1000 miles..has close to 7k now and it only went through a few plugs ..one belt and 2 idlers.

That is a bullet proof motor for the most part.

Just now, Mowhawkcat said:

Any two stroke@ 5000 miles should have a top end and @ 10,000 miles, a bottom end.

Especially the di motors 

Ya but thats not the point i was making... :lol:

26 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Wife loves her 08 xp 500ss..we bought it with like 1000 miles..has close to 7k now and it only went through a few plugs ..one belt and 2 idlers.

I just picked up a '12 TNT600 for my son back in March. Just a tad over 2,700 and mint 

21 minutes ago, Mowhawkcat said:

Any two stroke@ 5000 miles should have a top end and @ 10,000 miles, a bottom end.

Especially the di motors 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I just picked up a '12 TNT600 for my son back in March. Just a tad over 2,700 and mint 

:lol:

Its true...top end for sure.