Check your account email address ×

GOP tax plan cuts mortgage deduction in half -- starting today

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

IN HALF ...... STARTING TODAY !!!  :lol:

WTF , I thought this shithole had enough BOZO's like MC and SR to post half truths and misleading bullshit , I guess you decided to throw what credibility that you had out the window too

Credibility

LMFAO that was a good 1

25 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

IN HALF ...... STARTING TODAY !!!  :lol:

WTF , I thought this shithole had enough BOZO's like MC and SR to post half truths and misleading bullshit , I guess you decided to throw what credibility that you had out the window too

I see. So you’re confident that it won’t pass. 

• Gold Member

no shit what a dufus AFJ is.  This only affects those with mortgages over 500,000.  So what if the coasties can’t deduct all of the interest on there high dollar mortgages.  Oh and boo hoo....  Can't deduct mortgage interest on a SECOND home.  Just think of the revenue that this will raise.

Edited by BOHICA

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

no shit what a dufus AFJ is.  This only affects those with mortgages over 500,000.  So what if the coasties can deduct all of the interest on there high dollar mortgages.  Oh and boo hoo....  Can't deduct mortgage interest on a SECOND home.  Just think of the revenue that this will raise.

Wow,  afj complaining about interest deductions on homes with mortgages over 500K?  And no deductions on mortgage interest on 2nd homes?  Sounds like something that the middle class needs too really be concerned about. 

• Like 1

Do you count on your mortgage deduction at tax time? If your loan or loans are more than $500,000, you won't be able to deduct the interest from your federal income taxes under the proposed Republican House bill unveiled today, which cuts the current deduction cap from $1 million.

What's more, the reduction would be effective starting today, if the bill passes and is signed into law, according to the Wall Street Journal. Yes, that means Nov. 2, 2017.

The legislation would also eliminate the second home deduction, meaning you'd only be able to deduct interest on your primary home. It also wouldn't apply to refinancings over $500,000, the Journal reported.

It certainly doesn't affect the average low and middle class Americans. Those it will hurt are the people living in high cost areas. 

Of all the things to complain about. Shows how far off the rails the left is these days. To afford a 500k plus mortgage you have to be making a minimum of 150-200k a year. 

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

so According to the board Trump dolts eliminating the mortgage interest is GOOD

Read the proposals again dopey. I think your confused. 

Looks like people who own a primary and a secondary home with a combined mortgage under $500,000 will be having a discussion with their mortgage lenders to pay off the secondary home and roll that mortgage into the primary home.

Edited by snoughnut

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

so According to the board Trump dolts eliminating the mortgage interest is GOOD

it will go a long way to stopping people from buying more home than they can afford .

yes I think it is fine 100% hell I say pull the whole deduction .

45 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Lovely, looks like every cottage/vacation homeowner just got a nice little ass fucking.

why? refinance your home and pay it off. if you are worried about loosing your primary residence because both are wrapped up in 1 then you should have never bought the cabin .

39 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Or rental properties

so now business cant deduct business expense's? really ? best look a bit deeper . not that I care if that becomes the case I will just pass it on to the renter they will get it back as a tax credit