Check your account email address ×

Big wind/rain storm in New England

Big wind and rain storm happening now. Winds could hit 50-70 mph.

For the next 7 hours.

Son of a bitch, I hope we don't lose power or get any damage. SON OF A BITCH,  I hate the fucking wind!!!   :bashhead:

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

We had an ice storm in 13 that Took power out for 6 days.  Hope you survive z notty! :bc: 

Thanks buddy. We DID lose the power tonight for about one hour. I wasn't overly worried, I have THREE generators in the garage, and I had about 15 gallons of gas. It is a pain though to start them, switch everything over, then shut them down, then go back over and start them again.

I only run them just long enough to kick the heat in, and make some coffee. I have one set up just for the 115 volt oil burner. It's a small two cycle 1200 watt, that runs quite a bit of stuff.

I think I have GENERATOR OCD!!!

They were all wired by electricians. Most people don't know how to run them properly. I had some friends that started theirs and just let it run!! I said you stupid shits, you NEVER let them run full time, you'll be out of gas in 8-12 hours!!   :bc:

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

We had an ice storm in 13 that Took power out for 6 days.  Hope you survive z notty! :bc: 

Kev, do you have a generator now? They had ice storms in MAine that knocked power out for WEEKS!!!  

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

We are getting it here in CNY as well although I don't think we are getting it as bad as New England is supposed to get.

It's 2:15 Am and it's dying down now. Cops have been flat out with downed trees, lines.

Got a text message from Delta yesterday that said some flights into the North East US may be delayed due to the pending storm. The message also said our flight into JFK, Nov. 1st  was unaffected at that time.  Hope things settle down and everyone stays safe. 

4 hours ago, polaris550 said:

Kev, do you have a generator now? They had ice storms in MAine that knocked power out for WEEKS!!!  

Ya buddy I have one.   We are on well water too so no water with out power.   I run it about once every month.  Glad everything is good on your end :bc: 

7 hours ago, polaris550 said:

For the next 7 hours.

Son of a bitch, I hope we don't lose power or get any damage. SON OF A BITCH,  I hate the fucking wind!!!   :bashhead:

That's god trying to wash the faggot off of you!!!111

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Power went down at 11:00 PM last night and still out. It’s warm here so no problem. I won’t bother with the generator for a while.

That sucks, MC.  Hope you don't get any damage.

Half the next town over where my office is doesn't have power.  Trees down everywhere, yard looks like a battle zone.  Power is still on, and we have a NG 17kw Generac as back up if we need it, and another 5500 watt if I need it.  Hellava storm.  

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Power went down at 11:00 PM last night and still out. It’s warm here so no problem. I won’t bother with the generator for a while.

Same. School cancelled today and my office is running on generator power. With the sewage treatment plant and school on my grid I'd be surprised if we are not back up by late morning. 3 days is longest we were ever out and I still don't bother with a generator. 

10 hours ago, polaris550 said:

For the next 7 hours.

Is it a black wind, or a white wind ?