Check your account email address ×

Daughters Friend Killed In Car Accident

• Platinum Contributing Member

Daughter came home last evening sobbing as she had just found out a friend of hers had died in a car accident. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but from the way she talked about him he sounded like a great down to earth young man that enjoyed hunting, fishing and everything outdoors. It's the first time she has had to deal with a tragedy like this and I am heartbroken for her...hug your kids and loved ones tight and never miss a chance to tell them you love them.RIP Leszek and prayers to his family.

IMG_3492.thumb.PNG.4b5f0b65f4e3c0a4945160a43261055c.PNG

Sad news! I lost a buddy in grade 2 due to a shooting (intentional) and another when I was 13-14 (accidental) There was no talk of counselors back then, but with the confusion I felt as a 6-7 year old, it sure wouldn't have hurt. Keep an eye on you daughter and support her whenever you can. Kids nowadays, it seems, are a little more soft/prone/susceptible to taking things a lot harder than kids in the past. Counseling should also not be out of the question if you think she has a slightest need for it. Sorry for your daughters loss. RIP young man. 

• Thanks 1

the older I get the more of this stuff I see the more I think Germany and some other nations with the 3yr permit and alone at 18 is not the worst idea . and as far as bikes go we really need to adopt the European model of 400cc and under for set number of years then you can test over 400cc. I cant believe it when I see the highschool kids rolling in to the lot on brand new  cbr or the like. yeah I know some kids can handle the shit but they can get around just as good on a 400 or less    

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Sad news! I lost a buddy in grade 2 due to a shooting (intentional) and another when I was 13-14 (accidental) There was no talk of counselors back then, but with the confusion I felt as a 6-7 year old, it sure wouldn't have hurt. Keep an eye on you daughter and support her whenever you can. Kids nowadays, it seems, are a little more soft/prone/susceptible to taking things a lot harder than kids in the past. Counseling should also not be out of the question if you think she has a slightest need for it. Sorry for your daughters loss. RIP young man. 

I was thinking the same thing Irv....she has sort of gone quiet about it..we will keep our eye on her.

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

the older I get the more of this stuff I see the more I think Germany and some other nations with the 3yr permit and alone at 18 is not the worst idea . and as far as bikes go we really need to adopt the European model of 400cc and under for set number of years then you can test over 400cc. I cant believe it when I see the highschool kids rolling in to the lot on brand new  cbr or the like. yeah I know some kids can handle the shit but they can get around just as good on a 400 or less    

Not 100% sure of the details but the other driver was at fault and a teenager also....he died at the scene as well. 

Sad news.  My daughter was involved in a real bad one last year.  I told her to look at her senior class and watch how many don't "make it" to graduation.  And sadly, most of it will be self induced stupidity by kids that just don't know any better yet.  So sad to see them not make it.  I made it by pure luck...and some call it "devine intervention".

Suck city.

:sad:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Sad news.  My daughter was involved in a real bad one last year.  I told her to look at her senior class and watch how many don't "make it" to graduation.  And sadly, most of it will be self induced stupidity by kids that just don't know any better yet.  So sad to see them not make it.  I made it by pure luck...and some call it "devine intervention".

Suck city.

:sad:

For the longest time, my high school class was the only one will all of us still around, despite some of their best efforts.  

We were a few weeks shy of the 10 year anniversary before one of us kicked the bucket.  No crash, OD, suicide, etc.  Died from a blood clot after ankle surgery!  Every other grade lost at least one, mostly to accidents in the grades before us and suicides and accidents after us.  Kind of weird.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not 100% sure of the details but the other driver was at fault and a teenager also....he died at the scene as well. 

yeah I lost a few young buds to wrecks as a kid. and have a bud whos boy was killed and some guys I just know from around that I am friendly with who have had kids die in wrecks.

just not enough experience to react with out thinking about it . even if not there fault . or the boys being boys stupid shit is how it usually goes down .

hell I should be dead I flew out of a windshield when ridding in a GTI that rolled in to a light poll  at around 100mph as a minor we all lived . prob because we were all tripping balls out on lsd. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

My class is still fully intact and our 20 year is next year 

That is good....the year after we graduated one of my best friends ate a shotgun in his dads basement...that was a bad one.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is good....the year after we graduated one of my best friends ate a shotgun in his dads basement...that was a bad one.

That sucks.....there were 42 of us and 36 graduated or something. I still see about quite a few regularly 

We lost three in my class.  One was a friend.  And one of my buddies ended up paralyzed from the waist down. I bought his camero we built to the fucking teeth a year before.....and put it into the side of a telephone pole that same summer. 

How none of us stopped him from getting on his ninja at 2 in the morning still haunts me.  Just dumb kids that didn’t realize how dumb they were.  I tell my daughter that frequently.  

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

We lost three in my class.  One was a friend.  And one of my buddies ended up paralyzed from the waist down. I bought his camero we built to the fucking teeth a year before.....and put it into the side of a telephone pole that same summer. 

How none of us stopped him from getting on his ninja at 2 in the morning still haunts me.  Just dumb kids that didn’t realize how dumb they were.  I tell my daughter that frequently.  

you're still a dumbass that doesnt realize how dumb you are......except now its just on the internet 1!!!!11!1

• Haha 1

yeah the dead shit I could always deal with the guy who end up in a chair steering with there mouth just freaks the shit out of me.  you cant even help your self to a fist full of pills.

I have a 2nd or 3rd cuz something like that who was like 20 and wrecked a bike and has been living in a nursing home ever since going on 30 yrs . fucking shoot me