Check your account email address ×

Interesting stuff on retirement.

2 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its getting so bad now. The insurance companies are questioning everything now. Trying to find if someone is at fault for an injury so they can sue. In the mean time not paying medical bills that should be covered and they are going to collections. I am seriously hearing these stories everyday from people I know. And the amount of premiums we are paying is off the charts. Something is going to burst here soon. I am seriously thinking about self insuring. 

Shit has to be paid for somehow. You either pay for it through premiums or taxes. In the case of health care it's cheaper to pay taxes and let an inefficient government program fund it than it is to pay privately and let greedy corporations fuck you over. One of the few time when the government can do a better job. 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. Health insurance is by far my biggest bill. I have a decent plan and its only the wife and I but my monthly premiums are almost 20% of my gross income.  My next biggest bill, my property taxes, are less than half the cost of my healthcare premiums. 

I cant believe how bad we are being fucked in this country. 

Add those together with your income tax and see if you would be better off paying Canadian taxes rather than US.  Also consider that the US has a huge population. By the economies of scale you should be able to provide health care on a cheaper per capita basis than Canada. 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

ok so tell us how would the aca help in this situation. ? really ? nothing ? 

I suppose if you and Zambo gave each other aids and couldn't afford to pay for the meds. , you'd still get some coverage.

3 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Its getting so bad now. The insurance companies are questioning everything now. Trying to find if someone is at fault for an injury so they can sue. In the mean time not paying medical bills that should be covered and they are going to collections. I am seriously hearing these stories everyday from people I know. And the amount of premiums we are paying is off the charts. Something is going to burst here soon. I am seriously thinking about self insuring. 

I can't be on the same insurance plan as my spouse.  Both places we work have told us that if your spouse's company offers insurance, they have to take it.  Would it make a ton of difference if I was a add-on to her plan?  I don't know.

Yet kids can stay on their parent's plan until they are 25 or 26.  WTF!

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Shit has to be paid for somehow. You either pay for it through premiums or taxes. In the case of health care it's cheaper to pay taxes and let an inefficient government program fund it than it is to pay privately and let greedy corporations fuck you over. One of the few time when the government can do a better job. 

Add those together with your income tax and see if you would be better off paying Canadian taxes rather than US.  Also consider that the US has a huge population. By the economies of scale you should be able to provide health care on a cheaper per capita basis than Canada. 

I suppose if you and Zambo gave each other aids and couldn't afford to pay for the meds. , you'd still get some coverage.

Here's the thing, all of these so called "conservatives" don't really have a problem with UHC, they just don't want to pay for it. They like it the way it is, their employer pays for it. They can't blame Obama anymore for more out of pocket expenses so eventually they are going to have to consider UHC.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I can't be on the same insurance plan as my spouse.  Both places we work have told us that if your spouse's company offers insurance, they have to take it.  Would it make a ton of difference if I was a add-on to her plan?  I don't know.

thats a companies choice nothing to do with any federal laws.  Sometimes it is better and other times it is worse to keep insurance together.  many companies pick up a big piece of the employees but make them pay close to full cost of the spouse kids.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

That's becoming very common in corporate world.  My company is the same way, wife has her offer from work, so she can't be on my plan.

Neal

45 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats a companies choice nothing to do with any federal laws.  Sometimes it is better and other times it is worse to keep insurance together.  many companies pick up a big piece of the employees but make them pay close to full cost of the spouse kids.  

34 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

That's becoming very common in corporate world.  My company is the same way, wife has her offer from work, so she can't be on my plan.

Neal

I know the split insurance thing isn't a Obamacare thing, I just hate getting all the mail from them, even though it is the same insurer.  I am pretty sure the age 26 on parent's insurance is a Obamacare thing though.  

3 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

That's what the Trillium fund is for. I think it costs the person 2% of their gross. The employer can help with that instead of facing the higher health premiums. We've got a few who have high drug costs.  We'll switch to a Health Care account and let the high spenders pay through Trillium.  

Good to know and thanks.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm on my wife's plan as she is a vice principal.  Got to milk what I can.

4 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Here's the thing, all of these so called "conservatives" don't really have a problem with UHC, they just don't want to pay for it. They like it the way it is, their employer pays for it. They can't blame Obama anymore for more out of pocket expenses so eventually they are going to have to consider UHC.

A strange country that fights against tax money going for education and health care for the citizens. But cheers far more going to the military industry and subsidizing the richest people. 

They certainly have been brainwashed. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

A strange country that fights against tax money going for education and health care for the citizens. But cheers far more going to the military industry and subsidizing the richest people. 

Bizarre isn't it? They will blindly follow and support the global imperialism and associate it with freedom and liberty. And condemn the people we are conquering for not letting us impose freedom and liberty on them. What?

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Excellent post :bc: 

12 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Where the hell do you guys come up with your bullshit?  This is a totally false statement, but keep up the narrative.

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Where the hell do you guys come up with your bullshit?  This is a totally false statement, but keep up the narrative.

He's spot on dumbfucker :bc: 

35 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I'm sorry was it fake news that Trump cut Education and Healthcare spending but increased military funding?  Are the Trumpsters ok with that? That's the narrative.

23 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I'm sorry was it fake news that Trump cut Education and Healthcare spending but increased military funding?  Are the Trumpsters ok with that? That's the narrative.

Oh yeah, cut both education and healthcare single-handedly.  No other person in washington approved it.  HMMM  Interesting.  And you wonder why a non-establishment politician won the election. 

BTW, do you want more spending or less spending....conservatives want less WASTEFUL spending.

Edited by racer254

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh yeah, cut both education and healthcare single-handedly.  No other person in washington approved it.  HMMM  Interesting.  And you wonder why a non-establishment politician won the election. 

BTW, do you want more spending or less spending....conservatives want less WASTEFUL spending.

Spending money on your own people to be educated and healthy is a waste?  Besides - reread Rev's initial comment and you just :owned: yourself :lmao: 

13 hours ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Bizarre isn't it? They will blindly follow and support the global imperialism and associate it with freedom and liberty. And condemn the people we are conquering for not letting us impose freedom and liberty on them. What?

spot on

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Spending money on your own people to be educated and healthy is a waste?  Besides - reread Rev's initial comment and you just :owned: yourself :lmao: 

You're a god damned idiot.  No one is against an educated and healthy population. 

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

biggest waste of spending we have is in the MIC,  welfare is a drop in the bucket in comparison and education and healthcare should be high expenses as they benefit the collective.  

Just now, racer254 said:

You're a god damned idiot.  No one is against an educated and healthy population. 

:lol:  right the pubs are so friendly towards education and want to actually do something about healthcare.  We've seen the abortion of a bill they have pushed a couple times now  looking to replace a bad law with a terrible one that throws millions to the wolves. If the right truly cared about the american people they would push through UHC legislation and take credit for moving America into the late 20th century when it comes to the health of their citizens.  

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh no? Where are the cuts being made? Education, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. Where are spending INCREASES going? Military. Over half of discretionary spending is military and increasing WITHOUT any dispute. So I would say nobody wants a educated and healthy US population. 

2017_pres_budget_disc_spending_pie.png

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  right the pubs are so friendly towards education and want to actually do something about healthcare.  We've seen the abortion of a bill they have pushed a couple times now  looking to replace a bad law with a terrible one that throws millions to the wolves. If the right truly cared about the american people they would push through UHC legislation and take credit for moving America into the late 20th century when it comes to the health of their citizens.  

No conservative on this forum wants wasteful spending.  It doesn't matter if it is the MIC, or other places.  But we all want an educated and healthy population along with the ability to defend ourselves if needed.  There are select few liberals who like to group the conservatives in this forum with the republicans in washington.  There is a reason there are conservatives on this site that absolutely hate the establishment in Washington. 

42 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Notice how during Obamacare and even before Obamacare all of them were so critical and complainy about the increased premiums and all of the bullshit? And now, not a peep about the highest premium increases to date and after pledging to fix it, it is only getting worse and more expensive? Great job pubes!