Check your account email address ×

Shelter dog

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I'll take 'em!  And a 10 lb jar of Jif.

:happy:

:bong: posting and doing that again???

:bong: :lol:

Well that was a short run...... She ran away this morning. She is chipped and I got her registration tag last night and put it on. The other half is driving around till she has to go to work. Her sister is in another vehicle driving around as well but we live in rural Alberta with lots of coyotes and other not do friendly predators. Hopefully she either comes home or someone picks her up.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Well that was a short run...... She ran away this morning. She is chipped and I got her registration tag last night and put it on. The other half is driving around till she has to go to work. Her sister is in another vehicle driving around as well but we live in rural Alberta with lots of coyotes and other not do friendly predators. Hopefully she either comes home or someone picks her up.

Man, I've been doing "neighborhood sweeps" for years with my dogs....drives me nuts!!!  But if they are runners...they are runners.  Gotta take all the precations to do the best you can.  My neighbors on all sides have my number handy now.  And when I say "neighbors", I mean "country neighbors".  Big land out here.  Stupid dog just ran off again last week!!!  She was there one minute and gone the next second.  Clever little bitch!!!  :lol:

i used to have an escape artist,  got to the point the animal control officer would drop him to my wife at work.  put up a 6" fence and the fucker got up on the picnic table and jumped over the fence,  finally after we moved everything away he stayed in.  

Hope they find it quick and the medication works,  we have considered it for mine.  

36 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I can not believe what you people go through for a dog. Is it REALLY worth it??????  

That door looks like it was attacked by a Kubota Mini-Excavator, and you've had nothing but trouble with that DEMON-DOG for 5 days. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

On 10/22/2017 at 11:58 PM, polaris550 said:

Big mistake!!! They have proven now that dogs transfer parasites and diseases when licking humans!!!

When you factor in : Vet Fees, license fees, shots, de-worming, dog food, ticks, fleas, piss on the carpet, shit on the floor, hair on the furniture, hair on your clothes, wet dog hair smell, barking, biting, drooling, ear mites, taking it out to shit or piss, scratched DOORS, ripped screens and many other bullshit things, were you really that lonely, that you needed a dog?????                       

I'm not sayin' I told ya', but................I fuckin' told ya'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

I can not believe what you people go through for a dog. Is it REALLY worth it??????  

That door looks like it was attacked by a Kubota Mini-Excavator, and you've had nothing but trouble with that DEMON-DOG for 5 days. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

You should be put down.

I got a phone call when I was about 1 minute from home from a lady that said she thinks she may have my dog. Turns out it is a neighbor 3 houses down from me at the end of my street. She found my dog right at the bottom of the road. Said she saw the dog on her way to work this morning And didn't think anything of it. But when she saw the dog on her way home from work she got suspicious and grab the dog and called animal shelter on the tag. Who gave her my number and called me as I was rolling up on her in my car.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

I got a phone call when I was about 1 minute from home from a lady that said she thinks she may have my dog. Turns out it is a neighbor 3 houses down from me at the end of my street. She found my dog right at the bottom of the road. Said she saw the dog on her way to work this morning And didn't think anything of it. But when she saw the dog on her way home from work she got suspicious and grab the dog and called animal shelter on the tag. Who gave her my number and called me as I was rolling up on her in my car.

Awesome.  

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

That’s good, man.  Remember, have some patience.  You don’t know what she’s been through.  Time to bring the level of confinement up a notch.  She still probably doesn’t realize that’s her new home yet.  

Sounds like this dog needs quite a bit of training.  Good news is that she's an intelligent breed, and not too old. Everything you need to know is on the web, but maybe consider seeing a professional trainer.  I had to take a week off work so my pup could get used to her new home, and spent a year of daily training to help her with separation anxiety, obedience, and off leash.  

8 hours ago, polaris550 said:

How about you guyz go to an orphanage or foster home, and spend some time with a lonely little kid?????  

Well you might end up with a kid growing up to be 800 fagon :lol: 

12 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Glad you found your dog,.. Did the vet end up getting a scrpit for any anti-anxiety meds???

Yes got a 2 week supply. The vet seemed kinda useless to me. Didn't really look at much, didn't really check into a lot. And after I had booked an appointment as early as I could and showed up super early because I had work to go to, he made me wait for a half an hour past my appointment time in the examination room.

On other notes, this dog loves my gf but I have a strong feeling it is just because she is a female. The dog is more or less terrified of me. 8/10 times she won't even take treats from me. I know she needs time. I will keep doing the best that I can and after yesterday's escapades, I am way to emotionally invested in this dog to give up. I just wish they could understand English lol. Then I could get my message across lol

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Yes got a 2 week supply. The vet seemed kinda useless to me. Didn't really look at much, didn't really check into a lot. And after I had booked an appointment as early as I could and showed up super early because I had work to go to, he made me wait for a half an hour past my appointment time in the examination room.

On other notes, this dog loves my gf but I have a strong feeling it is just because she is a female. The dog is more or less terrified of me. 8/10 times she won't even take treats from me. I know she needs time. I will keep doing the best that I can and after yesterday's escapades, I am way to emotionally invested in this dog to give up. I just wish they could understand English lol. Then I could get my message across lol

it will take about a week to build up in the dogs system, then hopefully the dog will level out some, make sure you dont run out of meds..I get my dogs meds in 90 day supplies, its a noticable difference if I miss a day or two....Maybe try and really have a bonding weekend with your pup if you're not working.  Another thing, my dog wouldnt listen for shit, and the breed is know for just doing whatever they want..but also needing a lot of stimulation.. My vet suggested "clicker training"  little box with a clicker in it,..and the dog just did a 360 when I started that,,it does not matter what he is doing..he hears that click, and he is running to my side..

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

i am really starting to think mach was right, you are a rectum raider.... :lol: 

I'm tellin' ya', 800 Dragon, AKA AWful Knawful, STD ReneGAYde, and 1jkw are all FAGGOTS!!!  Look at the stuff they post, only faggots know where to get stuff, THAT GAY!!

9 hours ago, polaris550 said:

I'm tellin' ya', 800 Dragon, AKA AWful Knawful, STD ReneGAYde, and 1jkw are all FAGGOTS!!!  Look at the stuff they post, only faggots know where to get stuff, THAT GAY!!

Do you hate dogs cause of that one time you put peanut butter on your sack and the dog ran away?

Edited by awful knawful
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Do you hate dogs cause of that one time you put peanut butter on your sack and the dig ran away?

I went to someone's house today, that just bought it. As we were being shown around it really stunk like shit at the base of the stairs, where they had put their two dogs in cages. 

Needless to say my OCD went through the roof.  That's why I can't stand dogs................their SHIT, their piss, their lousy hair, and on, and on, and on.

I KNOW that's why Rob and CKF  hate me, and many on this site hate me, because you all have gotten caught-up in your emotional attachment to your dogs. 

Well at least I'm honest, so go ahead and hate.