• 6 months or less
    • 6 months- 1 year
    • 1 year - 2 years
    • 2+ years
  2. 2. What is the catalyst

• Failure to pass tax package
    • Student debt
    • Unsustainable housing prices
    • QE and interest rate manipulation (raising rates too fast)
    • Natural correction to mean

What do you guys think? I’m hoping for about 1.5 years than a big correction. Hope tax reform/cuts take effect and rise that sucker 3000 more points and it corrects back to the trend line with housing prices dropping 30%. I’m banking on it. Ready to spend some cash!!!! Need housing prices to shit the bed. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

Housing is going to be hot for a while......there is just no inventory. I wouldnt wait if I were buying a home. If we get some inflation without significantly increased interest rates you will see home prices skyrocket

Just now, f7ben said:

Housing is going to be hot for a while......there is just no inventory. I wouldnt wait if I were buying a home. If we get some inflation without significantly increased interest rates you will see home prices skyrocket

Housing is way above the trend. Eventually it has to come back to reality. I’m thinking 1.5-2 years we will have a correction. I can’t see the boobs in Congress botching tax reform/cuts. I’m thinking of dumping the house before 2019. Prices in my neighborhood have gone insane since we bought. I’m licking my lips. Love it. 

• Gold Member

I don’t think the crash will be what the youth are hoping for...  especially on the housing front.  I was sure that a crash was around the corner in housing until I recently sold and bought.  On selling it was an investor that paid cash for our old house.  About a 1 week close and over our asking.  Also after talking with several loan officers and purchasing new home they all told me that all the signs of a crash is not there by terms of the last crash when loaning was going on where people couldn’t afford what they were buying and everything being sold on ARMs.

we are getting to a point where a crash would be the Dow correcting to 20000.....  not 10000

2 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Housing is way above the trend. Eventually it has to come back to reality. I’m thinking 1.5-2 years we will have a correction. I can’t see the boobs in Congress botching tax reform/cuts. I’m thinking of dumping the house before 2019. Prices in my neighborhood have gone insane since we bought. I’m licking my lips. Love it. 

I havent kept up on housing prices around here. Hopefully I will make out good when I dump this place in a year or two 

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I am betting on about 2 years.

Market will have corrections periodically.  I think we're probably a year away from any real big downturn...at least I hope so.  Pro-Business back in charge is gonna force profits up...companies reinvesting and hiring by the droves to continue to grow will keep it pretty steady, IMO.

Housing?  Well, that's gonna vary by region but as "Bentifa" stated, we are at massive shortages still.  Economic growth have already started to incease housing prices for a few years. I had a long talk with our property tax assessor while I was disputing my increase.  He said the market is going nuts...and taxes will follow property price inclines.  If I were in the market for a home....I'd sure by now.  Start to look for tax forfeitures also.  Land is going to start going to auction.  Doubtful we'll see any real price decline in properties until rates start to spike to control inflation.  Again, 1-2 years.  

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I havent kept up on housing prices around here. Hopefully I will make out good when I dump this place in a year or two 

Like you said, no inventory. I don't see housing diving. I do see interest rates climbing some. General cost of living and healthcare is what will be the drag on the economy. Keeping fuel cheap will keep the economy rolling.

IT's going to crash because it's engineered to crash. The great depression and the the 2008 crash were created by the government. The next crash will be worse then both and also have been created by our government 

2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

IT's going to crash because it's engineered to crash. The great depression and the the 2008 crash were created by the government. The next crash will be worse then both and also have been created by our government 

International and central banks engineered many of those crashes and busts (probably all of them) Its how they gain control over all of the major assets and commodities. Send the valuations plummeting and buy them for pennies on the dollar. Once they own all of the controlling interest they can play their games with whomever they want to inflict economic despair on them until they give up. This has been done countless times. Its the real cause of WW2 with the Germans and the Japs. And that game is being played today with Iran, russia, Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba. Throw in the media to sell some bullshit to the public and they can take military action whenever they want with the blessing of Jesus himself!

• Like 1

Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

International and central banks engineered many of those crashes and busts (probably all of them) Its how they gain control over all of the major assets and commodities. Send the valuations plummeting and buy them for pennies on the dollar. Once they own all of the controlling interest they can play their games with whomever they want to inflict economic despair on them until they give up. This has been done countless times. Its the real cause of WW2 with the Germans and the Japs. And that game is being played today with Iran, russia, Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba. Throw in the media to sell some bullshit to the public and they can take military action whenever they want with the blessing of Jesus himself!

just dont end up the bagholder 

6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Stop looking for properties on grassy knowles.  :lol:

But, if it does....I'm ready for this one.  I got fucked pretty good on the last one so, this time around.  I'm scooping up all the shit I can!  

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

What do you guys think? I’m hoping for about 1.5 years than a big correction. Hope tax reform/cuts take effect and rise that sucker 3000 more points and it corrects back to the trend line with housing prices dropping 30%. I’m banking on it. Ready to spend some cash!!!! Need housing prices to shit the bed. 

Watch the rental rates vs. new home prices.   If new home prices rise much faster than rental rates can catch up then a bubble is in place.   

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

just dont end up the bagholder 

I think about this all the time. Its why I dont own more than I do. Probably head fucking myself out of millions. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Watch the rental rates vs. new home prices.   If new home prices rise much faster than rental rates can catch up then a bubble is in place.   

Im not sure that will happen like it did before. Home ownership is still pretty easy. Credit is alot easier to obtain than it should be. 

25 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Getting the budget passed thru the Senate was big.   If they can come to a compromise with the House the tax cuts then can be passed thru reconciliation.  I believe it will be hard for any of the GOP members to not vote for tax reform.   Even McCain and Paul said they would vote for tax reform.   Paul's vote was probably negotiated with the EO on Obamacare.  The POTUS is doing his job. 

Im not sure that will happen like it did before. Home ownership is still pretty easy. Credit is alot easier to obtain than it should be. 

I agree.   Maybe not as easy as before but still too easy.  

Credit should be easy.  However, verifying income should be hard.  That's the shit that really opened up the big can last time.  Essentially, mortgages became "signature loans".  And financing as much as the lied income would allow worked for the banks!  :wall:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Credit should be easy.  However, verifying income should be hard.  That's the shit that really opened up the big can last time.  Essentially, mortgages became "signature loans".  And financing as much as the lied income would allow worked for the banks!  :wall:

There is a reason most can still buy a new car with 0% interest. We have a debt based economy and not a demand based economy. That is not a good foundation for an economy...

Just now, Zambroski said:

It was a vicious cycle.   Homeowners wanted more than they could afford.   Lenders would give them loans because home prices were going up so fast they still made good money on foreclosures.  Investment banks drove the truck buying up mortgages and packaging them into security's like mad.   The Bush admin tried in 2003 to reign in what % of these assets places like Fannie and Freddie could have on the books but the Dems stopped it basically claiming racism.  BOOM, the bubble burst.  

5 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

That is exactly why it happened the last time.