• 6 months or less
    • 6 months- 1 year
    • 1 year - 2 years
    • 2+ years
  2. 2. What is the catalyst

• Failure to pass tax package
    • Student debt
    • Unsustainable housing prices
    • QE and interest rate manipulation (raising rates too fast)
    • Natural correction to mean

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See a correction, not a crash.  We normally have 1 down year for every 7 or so up.  It is foolish and utter stupidity to plan for the down.  

the bubbles are being blown up bigger each time ....wash rinse repeat 

9 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Im not sure that will happen like it did before. Home ownership is still pretty easy. Credit is alot easier to obtain than it should be. 

I agree, hopefully there were some lessons learned from that. Back then it seemed on every other street corner there was a home builder and a mortgage co. and homes were popping up like weeds, it's certainly not like that today.

8 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

There is a reason most can still buy a new car with 0% interest. We have a debt based economy and not a demand based economy. That is not a good foundation for an economy...

Retail and housing prices dictate the "low monthly payments" too.  People don't seem to care though.  And that's a mistake.  Being debt free used to be a goal.  Now, it's almost unheard of.  Example: People don't care that they just paid $16,000 for a sled worth half that next year.  All they care about is the $250 easy monthly payment.  Short range thinking....it's all gonna hurt at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It was a vicious cycle.   Homeowners wanted more than they could afford.   Lenders would give them loans because home prices were going up so fast they still made good money on foreclosures.  Investment banks drove the truck buying up mortgages and packaging them into security's like mad.   The Bush admin tried in 2003 to reign in what % of these assets places like Fannie and Freddie could have on the books but the Dems stopped it basically claiming racism.  BOOM, the bubble burst.  

YUP.  :bc:

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That is exactly why it happened the last time.  

I know, they are just being more diligent with the appraisals. And I think most require at least 5% down. Its not rocketing thru space at the same rate it did last time but alot of the fundamentals of why it failed are still being used. 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

See a correction, not a crash.  We normally have 1 down year for every 7 or so up.  It is foolish and utter stupidity to plan for the down.  

There a laws in place now so it can't repeat what happened before aren't there? Selling off of all the mortgages etc..  correct me if im wrong...

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

I know, they are just being more diligent with the appraisals. And I think most require at least 5% down. Its not rocketing thru space at the same rate it did last time but alot of the fundamentals of why it failed are still being used. 

Should be 15-20% and or they are watched very closely with their other spending habits.  

41 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Housing is way above the trend. Eventually it has to come back to reality. I’m thinking 1.5-2 years we will have a correction. I can’t see the boobs in Congress botching tax reform/cuts. I’m thinking of dumping the house before 2019. Prices in my neighborhood have gone insane since we bought. I’m licking my lips. Love it. 

if you live in madison i would say that’s true. however the rise of home prices actually seems low compared to the tight inventory in the fox valley. it’s a strange market. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

if you live in madison i would say that’s true. however the rise of home prices actually seems low compared to the tight inventory in the fox valley. it’s a strange market. 

True. I wouldn’t mind Madison’s bubble popping to say the least. Thank you Epic. 

1 minute ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

There a laws in place now so it can't repeat what happened before aren't there? Selling off of all the mortgages etc..  correct me if im wrong...

Never underestimate the greed of politicians and Wall Street, just google Glass Stiegel Act. :lol:

5 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

:lol: 

27 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Creativity gets around those laws.  Sheep will always get fleeced.

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

:finger:

Just watch Fox news. They will tell you everything is going great in Trump's economy. nothing to worry about. Buy that new house and spend as much as you want. nothing but winning for the next 7 years. enjoy! :bc:

3 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Well yes...but they must have a bit more control then before no?

Yes.  There currently is no storm brewing to cause a crash.  Paranoia and a weak stomach will always be around but one should not act on that.

If that is the case, get out of the markets altogether and buy useless bonds etc and then complain why your retirement plans suck.:lol:

• Like 1

Just watch Fox news. They will tell you everything is going great in Trump's economy. nothing to worry about. Buy that new house and spend as much as you want. nothing but winning for the next 7 years. enjoy! :bc:

Nothing on the news has much affect on my life...I never spend money I dont have. Havent for yrs. :bc:

3 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Well, we know one thing for sure.  You don't watch Fox news.  

37 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

if corporate tax rates get a cut we’ll 30,000 by 2019. 

Don't tease.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, we know one thing for sure.  You don't watch Fox news.  

Don't tease.

Sure I do, not everyday or anything because I dont want to rot my brain. I dont really watch much TV but when i do i scroll thru the different cable networks. If Fox has something interesting on ill watch it. Fuck do you even realize how many phony Obama conspiracies they had on there on a daily basis? it was fucking mind numbing... 

18 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Sure I do, not everyday or anything because I dont want to rot my brain. I dont really watch much TV but when i do i scroll thru the different cable networks. If Fox has something interesting on ill watch it. Fuck do you even realize how many phony Obama conspiracies they had on there on a daily basis? it was fucking mind numbing... 

Sure, they have their own little "rabit holes' and I avoid falling in them.  Clearly they lean conservative.  HOWEVER, when I need news and information....they are still the best out there.  CNN is god damn joke anymore.  MSNBC is close behind.  One thing Fox is doing that has been exceptional since the election is pointing out the lies of both of those networks...and not just spewing their opinions.  Actual facts and data and even better, video to prove it all.  It's still completely astonishing to me.  

I can leave FOX on in my office all day and still look up and catch good stories that aren't opinion based politcal hack jobs.  Trying to do that with either of the aforementioned is a waste of time.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Sure, they have their own little "rabit holes' and I avoid falling in them.  Clearly they lean conservative.  HOWEVER, when I need news and information....they are still the best out there.  CNN is god damn joke anymore.  MSNBC is close behind.  One thing Fox is doing that has been exceptional since the election is pointing out the lies of both of those networks...and not just spewing their opinions.  Actual facts and data and even better, video to prove it all.  It's still completely astonishing to me.  

I can leave FOX on in my office all day and still look up and catch good stories that aren't opinion based politcal hack jobs.  Trying to do that with either of the aforementioned is a waste of time.

The only thing Fox has been good at is putting hot pieces of ass on the air. The rest is utter bullshit. Hold on, Shepard Smith actually reports news so he is ok. The rest of that network is political COMMENTARY. aka biased bullshit. :bc: 

The only thing Fox has been good at is putting hot pieces of ass on the air. The rest is utter bullshit. Hold on, Shepard Smith actually reports news so he is ok. The rest of that network is political COMMENTARY. aka biased bullshit. :bc: 

Ughhh....well, we all have our opinions.   I read a lot...and for the most part, a lot of what I read finds Fox news if only some of the story.  I'll stick to my statement about CNN and MSNBC being political hack networks almost exclulsively.  It's like trying to fing out information throught he SeRena network.  Nothing but bullshit opinions and worthless lefty rhetoric by complete mental midgets.