Check your account email address ×

Football's decline has some high schools disbanding teams

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

well .....football is gayer than 10 bags of dicks so this is good news 

The Minnesota Viqueens have lost every SB they've played in so I can understand you're frustration.

40 minutes ago, Winterman said:

Surely not the case around here. 

x's 2, our squad consists of 80 - 90 kids

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

well .....football is gayer than 10 bags of dicks so this is good news 

You and many others have said that many times about baseball, but yet the other night you were praising the twinkies to boot stomp the yanks.

How'd that go for you by the way? :snack:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

My nephew's college JV game got cancelled this weekend because the opposing team couldn't field  team.

Our J.V. team got nixed for the year as well.  So many injuries on the varsity team the JV had to step up and play friday nights.  Needless to say, they ain't doing so hot.  I feel bad for the seniors this year.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

We played one team this year that had probably 24 kids. All the others we’ve seen were in good shape. We have 65 on varsity.

we had a couple local schools fold their program,  one started the season and after 2 injuries cancelled the rest of the season

we are one of the smaller schools in division 1, 1170 kids in the school probably have 50 on the varsity football team but thats because all JV kids are carried on that roster,  prob play 25 kids or so on a competitive Friday night,  neighboring school usually has close to double us.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

There seem to be more and more 8 Man teams around here lately..Charlevoix  keeps  losing enrollment and they are now playing Class D Schools...I think there are 16 kids on the Varsity Roster and they have suffered more than  a few beatings this season.

Edited by Biggie Smails

Soccer has pussified american kids

soccer is a commie plot to weaken americans over the next few generations, once real men that played real sports are febile or dead the commies will walk right in while the wildboers coward by welcoming them 

Edited by MiSledder

Baseball was always my game growing up and football didn't really interest me that much until I started playing it in school. Then I liked it as much as baseball. 

I still enjoy watching it but I do think that there's a decent chance that football as we know it will be extinct in 30 years, unless they can somehow largely mitigate the brain injuries. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

we had a couple local schools fold their program,  one started the season and after 2 injuries cancelled the rest of the season

we are one of the smaller schools in division 1, 1170 kids in the school probably have 50 on the varsity football team but thats because all JV kids are carried on that roster,  prob play 25 kids or so on a competitive Friday night,  neighboring school usually has close to double us.  

That number of kids is more than 3x the entire town of our school!  :lol:

Neal

2 hours ago, hayward said:

You and many others have said that many times about baseball, but yet the other night you were praising the twinkies to boot stomp the yanks.

How'd that go for you by the way? :snack:

I loved baseball and it was the only thing I was good at.....I certainly have never uttered a bad word about it 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Trap shooting is growing very quickly in MN through the high school programs.  

for sure.....there are kids out there shooting 10,000$ guns every weekend and doing very well 

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't scare the Canadians like that!

the guy that owns the sled salvage yard in town has a daughter that was in the top 3 shooters in the state.....he was bitching last time I was in there about the 16g's he has dumped on her gun. That is pretty sweet. 

Thing is that gun will be worth the same 16g's or more when he goes to sell it so it matters not

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the guy that owns the sled salvage yard in town has a daughter that was in the top 3 shooters in the state.....he was bitching last time I was in there about the 16g's he has dumped on her gun. That is pretty sweet. 

Thing is that gun will be worth the same 16g's or more when he goes to sell it so it matters not

How the hell do you dump 16 large into a shotgun?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Except he could invest that $16k into something and make money.

Spending that kind of coin on a kid's gun is fucking insane. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Except he could invest that $16k into something and make money.

Spending that kind of coin on a kid's gun is fucking insane. 

Hockey parents spend every penny of that and more on their kids through a few seasons