Check your account email address ×

Las Vegas shooting: Clinton blasts NRA, fellow Dems renew call for gun control after attack

Pete

Just now, Anler said:

The US is the most armed country in the world. And one of the most violent. Dont be stupid. 

Is there a place on the globe as diverse as the US?   Seems to me just eliminating guns will not reduce crime or stop these kind of events.  what is stupid is Hillary making comments towards more gun control before the facts of this incident are even known. In Paris not even the cops have guns and they still ended up with a massacre with more casualties than Las Vegas. 

Open Question:   How do you/others plan to make new knee jerk legislation that would have slowed this guy down even a little?  Vince seems to be leaning towards silencers and the rest are just dancing around ways of the politically correct way to remove the 2nd amendment.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Is there a place on the globe as diverse as the US?   Seems to me just eliminating guns will not reduce crime or stop these kind of events.  what is stupid is Hillary making comments towards more gun control before the facts of this incident are even known. In Paris not even the cops have guns and they still ended up with a massacre with more casualties than Las Vegas. 

Open Question:   How do you/others plan to make new knee jerk legislation that would have slowed this guy down even a little?  Vince seems to be leaning towards silencers and the rest are just dancing around ways of the politically correct way to remove the 2nd amendment.

I do not support the anti gun argument. Nor do I support anything Hillary thinks. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I do not support the anti gun argument. Nor do I support anything Hillary thinks. 

This kind of reminds me of the Norway attack back in 2011.  The guy was just a quiet kook who for most of his life played by the rules.  I have no idea what made the cheese come off this guys cracker in Las Vegas but the truth is he could have done just as much damage if not more if he had driven a truck through the crowd.  Again I personally don't like guns but in the end they are a modern tool like many others that can cause great damage if so desired by an individual.  The cost of doing business in an open society.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Why not? How the fuck can you have an uprising by the people using AK's and M-4's vs Abrams, A -10's, F-35's, Paladins, etc.....??? 

Who says any uprising wouldn't include some military on the side of the people?   Again with the assumption all military and police would side with the govt.   

I just want to be able to personally own and have some option to carry what the police can.   Tyranny would start with the police (local and federal) and not Federal Military.   The FBI or Homeland Security cannot defeat the people alone if it came to that without the aid of the Military.   

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

This kind of reminds me of the Norway attack back in 2011.  The guy was just a quiet kook who for most of his life played by the rules.  I have no idea what made the cheese come off this guys cracker in Las Vegas but the truth is he could have done just as much damage if not more if he had driven a truck through the crowd.  Again I personally don't like guns but in the end they are a modern tool like many others that can cause great damage if so desired by an individual.  The cost of doing business in an open society.

what kind of faggot "doesnt like guns".....I cant think of anything more awesome. A case of beer and a gravel pit and a pile of guns is just about the most fun that can be had 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

what kind of faggot "doesnt like guns".....I cant think of anything more awesome. A case of beer and a gravel pit and a pile of guns is just about the most fun that can be had 

Just never appealed to me.  Had a BB gun as a kid which was fun for about a half an hour and then it was off to the mini bike or boat or anything with a motor. Plus a couple of my close friends who have guns are complete klutzes and I am sure given my luck I would be the guy who gets a lead piercing from the case of beer in the sand pit. 

39 minutes ago, Anler said:

The US is the most armed country in the world. And one of the most violent. Dont be stupid. 

Gun ownership isn't any higher than it ever was in the US.  Sure we own more per person but I don't think the % of households that own guns is more.   Hell they use to sell them in Sears catalogs.   The culture has changed in the US and the vast majority of the violence revolves around drugs.  Change the drug culture and you change the violence culture.

BTW we barely even in the top 100 for most violent countries when it comes to murder.   Like 94th in murders per 100K.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.a866051c84aa

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Took my kid trap shooting for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Kid has never handled a shotgun before. Hits 1st target. Looks at me and smiles. Hits the next 2. Lefty.

IMG_20170916_132217810.jpg

Just now, Anler said:

Took my kid trap shooting for the 1st time 2 weeks ago. Kid has never handled a shotgun before. Hits 1st target. Looks at me and smiles. Hits the next 2. Lefty.

IMG_20170916_132217810.jpg

Cool.   A group of us broke over 1000 the other day at a preseason deer hunting party.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Gun ownership isn't any higher than it ever was in the US.  Sure we own more per person but I don't think the % of households that own guns is more.   Hell they use to sell them in Sears catalogs.   The culture has changed in the US and the vast majority of the violence revolves around drugs.  Change the drug culture and you change the violence culture.

BTW we barely even in the top 100 for most violent countries when it comes to murder.   Like 94th in murders per 100K.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/29/american-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/?utm_term=.a866051c84aa

I was commenting on his argument that Switzerland has mandatory gun ownership and no gun violence. Its a pretty stupid comparison.

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Cool.   A group of us broke over 1000 the other day at a preseason deer hunting party.  

Yah .....we used to shoot clays all the time at the deer shacks our and the neighbors.......just a great time

Really cool you got the kid out shooting Trap analer.....its just great fun. I love shooting sporting clays also....we went to a course here last year and had a blast 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I was commenting on his argument that Switzerland has mandatory gun ownership and no gun violence. Its a pretty stupid comparison.

Violent societies create gun violence. Switzerland has cars as well but you never here about rage like you do here in the states.  It is the left wing talking points that guns are to blame for our high murder rate when in reality it is our culture that does most of the heavy lifting. 

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Why didn't the police just shoot him in the knee? :snack: 

they didnt get a chance to shoot him at all because for 45 minutes they waited outside his door and let him expend all his ammo on the innocent people below and then shoot himself

real fucking heroes 

Edited by f7ben

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, f7ben said:

they didnt get a chance to shoot him at all because for 45 minutes they waited outside his door and let him expend all his ammo on the innocent people below and then shoot himself

real fucking heroes 

thought i saw on the news just now that he fired for 9 minutes....

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I read an 1:12 minutes

from the first shot to swat knocking down door was 1:12...

He was already dead by the time swat blew the door....  CNN was just reporting the assault happened for 9  minutes.  Pretty save to assume that field was pretty much empty after a few minutes

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

from the first shot to swat knocking down door was 1:12...

He was already dead by the time swat blew the door....  CNN was just reporting the assault happened for 9  minutes.  Pretty save to assume that field was pretty much empty after a few minutes

The first reports of shots fired were at 10:08 and I am sure he was shooting for several minutes prior to that. There was a concert going on and it probably took a while to get the music killed and get a call out