Check your account email address ×

Jesse With the Beatdown.....

SnowRider

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yes they do make it worse.  It's also becoming harder and harder to attract good cops to the career, and that is here at home where our black problem doesn't even scratch the surface of the US problem.  Pissing on the cops isn't the answer either.  Hire more cops based on the demographics. 

Yep are cops aren’t nearly as bad as US cops. But we still have enough bad ones that need to be turfed  

Funny thing is our crime rate is dropping yet we keep getting told to hire more cops. Those cops get pressured into writing tickets and we end up we bored cops looking to keep busy. 

Dumping on good cops pushes them to side with the shitty ones.

Just like cops who pick on minorities make it so the minorities don’t trust the cops. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality is this.

To a large % of American's the NA and the flag are a symbol of not only America but more so the soldiers who are sacrificing and have sacrificed for what the general idea of America is.  One can argue to the end of time whether or not that is what American's should or should not think those things represent but the fact is to many they do.

The NFL players have every right to do whatever they want during the NA and I respect that right.   I also respect the rights of any American who feels it is insulting and decides not to watch or buy its products because of it.  In general I think a significant portion of American's are sick and tired of politics being intermixed with entertainment.   We are bombarded with politics in almost every other aspect of life can't we expect some of our entertainment to not have it. Hollywood has taken a hit and because the NFL has chosen to allow this mix they are risking damage to their business.

There are plenty of ways these players could have stood up and voiced their opinions to try and institute change.   IMHO their choice to use the NA as that platform it was a poor business decision because of how so many American's relate to the NA.

My only problem with this is with the NFL not so much the players themselves.  They are being entirely hypocritical when it comes to their stance that this is free speech.   They control virtually everything (which is their right as well) the players do on the field and on their uniform.  They are always talking about protecting "the shield" when it comes to players actions.   Well be prepared NFL the decision to allow politics into the game may have a tremendous effect on your bottom line.    

Not sure if this is true or not but I read that football players only started standing for the anthem when bush and Cheney wanted to crank up patriotism and increase recruiting. If that is true then that is when politics enerted the stadium. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Not sure if this is true or not but I read that football players only started standing for the anthem when bush and Cheney wanted to crank up patriotism and increase recruiting. If that is true then that is when politics enerted the stadium. 

Maybe so however people including players have been standing for the NA for as long as I can remember.   No doubt it kicked up some after 9/11.  Someone posted it started in 2009 when Obama was POTUS.  

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I think what is really pissing people off now is they are disrespecting Trump. Like, "How dare they!" :lol: 

Suddenly saying something against the President is an issue. 

Weird how NASCAR fans booing Michele Obama was ok

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Suddenly saying something against the President is an issue. 

Weird how NASCAR fans booing Michele Obama was ok

Considering all that has been done and said against Trump I really don't think that is the issue.   This got started long before he was even elected.  Considering polls are showing over 70% disagree with the players is another sign.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Wow.  

Forcing someones daughter to be in the same bathroom with a middle age man who thinks he's a 7 YO girl.

Forcing colleges, or police dept's or the military to change standards to reflect the demographics of the country.

Seriously I could go on and on with examples.  

Govt mandated equality is not Freedom.  

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/04/governmentmandated_equality.html

April 27, 2014

Government-Mandated Equality

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/governmentmandated_equality.html#ixzz4tnfGE6PU 
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Kurt Vonnegut wrote his satirical short story “Harrison Bergeron” in 1961. It is the tale of a totalitarian society set in 2081 when absolute equality has been mandated and is enforced to the point of what we would, in 2014, perceive as madness. Smart people must be "handicapped" with various hindrances that bring them down to a government-accepted intellectual norm that is chillingly acquiescent and far less than normal. Attractive people must wear hideous masks. Talented people must be literally weighted down. The citizenry is horribly pliable, nonresistant, the smartest among them rendered catatonic by transmitters in their brains that blast all manner of disruptive noises to interrupt any attempt at creative thought and memory.

At the time it must have seemed an unimaginable but late follow-up to Orwell's 1984 (1949) and a sideways slant on Ray Bradbury's dystopian Fahrenheit 451 (1953). But Vonnegut was prescient beyond belief. The trend he saw taking root in 1961 (begun in the early 1920s with the original Progressive Movement) has come a very long way. We have now twice elected a President who is actively attempting to speed up the process of forced equality in all things to the point of madness. 

Bret Stephens wrote a brilliant and clever article this past January for the Wall Street Journal, an update of the original story.  Stephens carries Vonnegut's theme to the present and future consequences of the Obama administration: countless laws passed to mandate and enforce equality, the holy grail of the Left. In Stephens' updated tale, as in Vonnegut's original, there is no such thing as merit, earned success, or freedom of achievement, excellence, thought or action. There are amendments to our Constitution to mandate fairness and absolute equality. If Vonnegut's story played out in real time, there would be no Bill Gates, no Steve Jobs, no Joshua Bell, no Steven Spielberg, no TED talks, no space exploration! No geniuses would be allowed to thrive, to create and prosper. But to date, the equality police have not managed to stifle genius; many have prevailed and, like Gates and Jobs, have given prodigious gifts to the entire world, not just to Americans. 

But we are not impervious to mandated equality. Can this administration's agenda, its thousands of new regulations, its rationed and redistributed health care, be overcome?  Too soon to say. Much of the collectivist plan involves government control of education and the media.  This they have surely accomplished. Too many of us are low-information voters. So we are edging closer and closer to some version of Vonnegut's imagined 2081. But then there is the blogosphere! Genius is prevailing, holding its own.  In the closeted world of three networks and two major newspapers, they might have succeeded.  But the internet has changed that.

Still the signs of mandated equality exist all around us. Why does every kid on every sports team get a trophy, even if he or she never scored a point?  Why have so many schools eliminated valedictorians? Why does the SAT test continue to be dumbed down?  Why is the federal government imposing Common Core which institutionalizes reduced standards for education?  Why does the Left think banning affirmative action is racist, when the reverse is true?  There are countless examples of enforced equality/mediocrity that we have become so accustomed to. We have become so familiar with the dictates of political correctness, multiculturism, the gender-is-a social-construct nonsense, that we barely notice the destructive harm done to our national character.

In the few months since Stephens' article, the predictive quality of Vonnegut's story has become even more front and center.  The Left is falling all over itself embracing Thomas Piketty's Marxist tomb. President Obama tirelessly campaigns around the country repeating his exhortations about "income inequality," the necessity of a minimum wage hike to job-prohibitive levels, the fabricated "war on women," the wonders of his beloved wealth redistribution scheme that is ObamaCare. A relatively few previously uninsured people may think they are now entitled to government-subsidized free medical care. Some may believe they will have access to care because they have agreed to pay high premiums with huge deductibles. Others think that because they "signed up" they are entitled to care, even though they have paid nothing. But ObamaCare was never about actual access to medical care; it was always and only about government control, the rationing of medical care, the abatement of the elderly.

Equalizing access to medical care was ObamaCare's stated goal but it was and remains a redistribution scheme that will provide actual care to very few. Taxpayers, the less than 50% who fall into that category, will subsidize shoddy care for the subsidized who have been conditioned to think they are entitled to a doctor's expertise at someone else's expense. The middle class will go without medical care because it is truly unaffordable. The rich will get what they have always had: state-of-the-art medical care, the best doctors at the best hospitals. In the UK only the very wealthy get good medical care; Obama has successfully engineered the same class-stratified system here. 

And after the enforced equality of a mind-numbed citizenry of America comes the mandated equality of nations. This is Obama's special agenda; take the US down several pegs, disempower us, let other rogue nations gain the power to threaten us.  Iran should have the bomb. Assad of Syria should be free to enforce his power, to use chemical weapons. The Muslim Brotherhood should prevail in Egypt. The Palestinians are right to clamor for the destruction of Israel. Putin is welcome to Ukraine. Our military should be hogtied by excessive rules of engagement to equalize the fight, no matter which fight. All of this is fair in Obama's equality-marinated mind, as long as it does not interfere with his own extravagance at tax-payer expense. The numerous geniuses who have been warning us against this plan have been tilting at windmills. It is happening. The administration is proud of itself for its equalization of nations.

Vonnegut 's Harrison Bergeron, who is killed on national TV by the "Handicapper General," the equality enforcer, for  his momentary public attempt at freedom and rebellion,  brings to mind the ever-increasing number of Americans who are beginning to wake up to the excesses of this administration and to rebel against its coercive and repressive policies via the IRS, the BLM, the ATF, the EPA, the FBI, local militarized SWAT teams, etc. Harrison's own mother watches his murder on TV but forgets why she is sad moments later, a bit like Hillary "forgetting" why it does indeed make a difference how four Americans died in Benghazi.  Vonnegut's  story could have been written today about our goose-stepping toward enforced equality.  Let us pray for a great awakening to the dangers of mandated equality.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/governmentmandated_equality.html#ixzz4tnfNfe6O 
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Start with when Vonnegut wrote in 1961. How shitty would it have been to be black in the USA then?  

I bet you thought everyone was being treat equally in the good old USA. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-11-16/news/9611160085_1_texaco-chairman-peter-bijur-bari-ellen-roberts-black-cultural-festival-kwanzaa

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Race sex religion orientation....you cannot be discriminated against because of these.

Blacks are disproportionately discriminated against in our justice system. These protests are meant to highlight that. The fucking end

Yep and if the forum bootlickers were treated like blacks as a whole they'd be protesting every event and taking up arms.  Instead they attempt to justify the mistreatment and maintain power over them by negatively reacting to their protests in the guise of 'patriotism'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Start with when Vonnegut wrote in 1961. How shitty would it have been to be black in the USA then?  

I bet you thought everyone was being treat equally in the good old USA. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-11-16/news/9611160085_1_texaco-chairman-peter-bijur-bari-ellen-roberts-black-cultural-festival-kwanzaa

Reality is there were significant things that had AA's better off in the early 60's than now.   What do you attribute the decline in the AA family to?  

http://yourblackworld.net/2013/03/02/the-black-family-is-worse-off-today-than-in-the-1960s-report-shows/

Nobody is denying that racism wasn't a problem at ANYTIME in American history but it has come a long ways. 

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is there were significant things that had AA's better off in the early 60's than now.   What do you attribute the decline in the AA family to?  

http://yourblackworld.net/2013/03/02/the-black-family-is-worse-off-today-than-in-the-1960s-report-shows/

Nobody is denying that racism wasn't a problem at ANYTIME in American history but it has come a long ways. 

Awwww how cute. Don’t dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How long would you play fair in a rigged system?  How hard would you work if you kept getting ripped off?  

Just now, revkevsdi said:

Awwww how cute. Don’t dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back. 

Patting myself on the back?   How do you pat yourself on the back for never being racist in the first place?  The problem with the likes of you is honest discussion cannot be done.   All whites are racist no matter what.  

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

How long would you play fair in a rigged system?  How hard would you work if you kept getting ripped off?  

So that's whats destroyed the AA family?   Hey the system is screwing me so lets not take care of our kids and have a bunch out of wedlock.   :wall:

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Patting myself on the back?   How do you pat yourself on the back for never being racist in the first place?  The problem with the likes of you is honest discussion cannot be done.   All whites are racist no matter what.  

I didn’t say all whites are racist. But most of us have benefited from a rigged system. If you started at Texaco 35 Year’s ago, you would have received better pay and better career advancement than an equally qualified and hard working black person. 

White guy or black guy who would get laid off first if all other things are equal in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s   

For fuck sakes you get pissed when they protest violently, pissed when they protest peacefully, pissed when they try to tell you that black lives matter.

Shouldn’t you all be embarrassed that you have to be told?

6 hours ago, JEFF said:

So let me get this straight. This whole kneeling thing is over how blacks are unfairly treated by cops? Do any of you faggots know how to look up actual statistics on crime? Blacks are their own worst enemy. Boo fucking hoo some of them get roughed up. Guess what... White ass holes do too. Bent has obviously had a run in or two with the law and is all F7bent outa shape. Real shocker there.  If he runs his cock sucker in real life like he does here i'm sure his nose is bent outa shape too. :lol:

Finally, someone who knows what the fuck he's talking about. I know white people that have been smashed senseless by cops. Clubs to the head,  police flashlights smashing them to the body and head. 

What is happening is a SECRET NATIONAL MOVEMENT BY BLACKS TO DESTROY PUBLIC CONFIDENCE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT, so blacks can have their way, and not answer to authority.

What most stupid fucking whites can not grasp, is that they are HATED by blacks. 

Do you notice, no ASIAN, HINDU, Or HISPANIC uprising in America!!!

It's always the HIGH FUCKING TESTOSTERONE balcks. Filled with rage, power, energy, murder, rape, and destruction. ALWAYS THE BLACKS. 

The 57 fucking years we've had forced integration in this fucking country, we could have re-located all the blacks to THE NEW BLACK AMERICA....ALABAMA, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI. There, they would never have to see another CRAKKA COP, ever again!!! There, they could live amongst all their beautiful black sisters and brothers. Peace and beautiful harmony forever.

Oh wait, they are all together already in Chicago!! My bad, my bad!!

I have not read every post in this thread yet, but I stand by my conviction that the black/white problem is the BIGGEST problem facing white America.......bar none. 

Not ISIS.

Not North Korea.

Not the economy.

Not Russia.

55 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I didn’t say all whites are racist. But most of us have benefited from a rigged system. If you started at Texaco 35 Year’s ago, you would have received better pay and better career advancement than an equally qualified and hard working black person. 

White guy or black guy who would get laid off first if all other things are equal in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s   

For fuck sakes you get pissed when they protest violently, pissed when they protest peacefully, pissed when they try to tell you that black lives matter.

Shouldn’t you all be embarrassed that you have to be told?

:lol:  I'm not saying corporate racism hasn't occurred but if hiring women or blacks or any minority allowed one to pay less than no whites would have jobs.   :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

12 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

So do you disagree with freedom of expression? Do you disagree with someone who wants to protest inequality? Do you disagree with non-violent protests?

Not as long as it conforms to the boundaries of social convention.  

Same as above.

No I do not, as long as others rights are not violated.

Neal