Check your account email address ×

so yeah, collusion

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and MATT APUZZOSEPT. 7, 2017

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump Jr. told Senate investigators on Thursday that he set up a June 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer because he was intrigued that she might have damaging information about Hillary Clinton, saying it was important to learn about Mrs. Clinton’s “fitness” to be president. :lol: But nothing came of the Trump Tower meeting, he said, and he was adamant that he never colluded with the Russian government’s campaign to disrupt last year’s presidential election.

In a prepared statement during an interview with Senate Judiciary Committee investigators, the younger Mr. Trump said he was initially conflicted when he heard that the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, might have damaging information about Mrs. Clinton. Despite his interest, he said, he always intended to consult with his own lawyers about the propriety of using any information that Ms. Veselnitskaya, who has ties to the Kremlin, gave him at the meeting.

A copy of Mr. Trump’s statement was obtained by The New York Times.

The acknowledgment by the president’s eldest son that he intended to seek legal counsel after the meeting suggests that he knew, or at least suspected, that accepting potentially damaging information about a rival campaign from a foreign country raised thorny legal issues.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/politics/trump-russia-investigation.html?referer=https://t.co/Ib4QKWtdD6?amp=1    

Edited by Snoslinger

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, Momorider said:

So trying to find out about dirt on your opponent in a election is collusion :lol: so every candidate ever in the history of elections is guilty of collusion now

Someone once said stuff like that is Politics 101... zzzzzzzzzzzz :lol: 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

But nothing came of the Trump Tower meeting, he said,

:lol:

Nothing came of the meeting that Jr told us never happened....and then told us only Jarhead and Manafort attended, and then oh yea some other guy too, and whoops forgot about that Russian Kremlin connected lawyer, oh and that Russian Oligarch's son and that other guy....and...

:lmao:

1 hour ago, MiSledder said:

a830b0d9a442c89bcc5baf537258e7fb17acd09acb170b26d4ba7fa00a956650.jpg.cf.jpg

find any of those posts of yours yet?

what was that comment? "what a selfish thing to say"

go back to team butt plug and talk about your new carhartts or something.

Edited by Snoslinger

How is there collusion if there was no agreement put in place?  How is there collusion when nothing was exchanged?    Without some quid pro quo that they receive in return there is no collusion.  

Care to explain how Hillary was defrauded or her rights?   

Collusion

An agreement between two or more people to defraud a person of his or her rights or to obtain something that is prohibitedby law.

A secret arrangement wherein two or more people whose legal interests seemingly conflict conspire to commit Fraud uponanother person; a pact between two people to deceive a court with the purpose of obtaining something that they would notbe able to get through legitimate judicial channels.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/collusion

Xqx61AC.gif

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

How is there collusion if there was no agreement put in place?  How is there collusion when nothing was exchanged?    Without some quid pro quo that they receive in return there is no collusion.  

Care to explain how Hillary was defrauded or her rights?   

Collusion

An agreement between two or more people to defraud a person of his or her rights or to obtain something that is prohibitedby law.

A secret arrangement wherein two or more people whose legal interests seemingly conflict conspire to commit Fraud uponanother person; a pact between two people to deceive a court with the purpose of obtaining something that they would notbe able to get through legitimate judicial channels.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/collusion

Xqx61AC.gif

I'd like to ask you an honest question, and you provide an honest answer....

back when we made our bet, were you thinking......

a) no one in the trump admin met with Russians to help trump win the election

b) they may have met but would not meet my definition of collusion

28 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol2:

Making demands over a fabrication....classic.

31 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Honest answer is A but I'm not sure how that answer proves actual collusion took place.  I will honestly tell you that when I made the bet my idea of collusion was the same as it is now an agreement between 2 or more parties to defraud another.  If you really feel you've won the bet I'll pay your charity but its not an admission that collusion occurred.

If I pay now and Mueller says no collusion occurred will you then pay my charity of choice?   That's a fair deal Sno.   

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

find any of those posts of yours yet?

what was that comment? "what a selfish thing to say"

go back to team butt plug and talk about your new carhartts or something.

Donate to a charity or still holding out fir your own selfish needs? Nevermind I already know the liberal ways

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Honest answer is A but I'm not sure how that answer proves actual collusion took place.  I will honestly tell you that when I made the bet my idea of collusion was the same as it is now an agreement between 2 or more parties to defraud another.  If you really feel you've won the bet I'll pay your charity but its not an admission that collusion occurred.

If I pay now and Mueller says no collusion occurred will you then pay my charity of choice?   That's a fair deal Sno.   

:lol: like any liberal he'll spin it anyway necessary to not pay

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Jesus Slinger is one big dumb bastard......

How many times did Dump tell us there was no interaction from him or his team with Russia? Do you still believe Dump or did he lie? :snack: