Check your account email address ×

Sled thread

Snake

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that SBA is bad ass !!!!!!!11111

Yup both my son's have 17 sba's, 1 has the cobra ,,the other the 2.0. Took them both oot a couple of times last year. Awesome sleds.

19 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

IF they were so great, they'd still be making them 

The CFR's were pretty much a continuation of the Firecats.  

18 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

The zr chassis handled much better imo

Like I said, I've never felt as confident on a Firecat as I do ZR's.  

11 hours ago, Reevester said:

They had a 13" wide track which was the biggest issue. 

The REV was a bigger issue for them, IMO.  That sled forced the others to up their game with some form of better ergos.  

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The 18's are hitting the dealers.

IMG_3146.JPG

Cat brought one of those down to a race last year.  Fun watching the fastest rider on snow putz around on one of those.  

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

He's hot to trot, but still owes money, not sure how that would work.  Mines paid for.  

With something like that being used, wouldn't it be his problem?  Either way, I'd get ahold of the lien holder and ask for a lien release or lien waiver.

38 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The CFR's were pretty much a continuation of the Firecats.  

Like I said, I've never felt as confident on a Firecat as I do ZR's.  

The REV was a bigger issue for them, IMO.  That sled forced the others to up their game with some form of better ergos.  

Agreed.  Switched sleds with my buddy and got on his rev and was  damn, no wonder I'm so much more tired at the end of the day.

God damn it!  Still trying to rangle me up a deal on a racer....pretty unsuccessfully!  Nobody wants to give me one at my best offer!! :lol:

Wish my sled would sell.  Wife would have a fit if I parked another in the garage.  I hate to start parting mine out with it still being like fucking new but these things just aren't worth shit in running order anymore.  Everybody likes low monthly payments now.

I wonder if my buddy would store my sled as I parted it out?  Hmmmm....wifey know nothing!!!!

18 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Agreed.  Switched sleds with my buddy and got on his rev and was  damn, no wonder I'm so much more tired at the end of the day.

The good XC guys back in the day could ride those Firecats as fast as the REV's and the Fusions, but you'd beat the hell out of yourself doing it.  

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

God damn it!  Still trying to rangle me up a deal on a racer....pretty unsuccessfully!  Nobody wants to give me one at my best offer!! :lol:

Wish my sled would sell.  Wife would have a fit if I parked another in the garage.  I hate to start parting mine out with it still being like fucking new but these things just aren't worth shit in running order anymore.  Everybody likes low monthly payments now.

I wonder if my buddy would store my sled as I parted it out?  Hmmmm....wifey know nothing!!!!

You going for a sno-x sled?

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You going for a sno-x sled?

If I can find one that hasn't been tracked...other than a practice lap or two, I'd trail convert.  Missed out on a RS out of the crate a bit ago.  R-XC would be my 1st choice though.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

If I can find one that hasn't been tracked...other than a practice lap or two, I'd trail convert.  Missed out on a RS out of the crate a bit ago.  R-XC would be my 1st choice though.  

:news:

https://stcloud.craigslist.org/snw/d/2017-arctic-cat-zr-6000-xc/6295903155.html

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Would a $5000 2015 R-XC fancy you?  2000+- miles with a recently rebuilt motor.  

No thanks.  Gotta be low miles.  Why is the motor rebuilt?  That's bizarre to me.

I'm prolly gonna contact that 17 with less than 1000 on it.  See if I can cut a deal before he puts it on a trailer.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No thanks.  Gotta be low miles.  Why is the motor rebuilt?  That's bizarre to me.

I'm prolly gonna contact that 17 with less than 1000 on it.  See if I can cut a deal before he puts it on a trailer.

Not sure why the 15 would be rebuilt, but it was raced.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Latest trade offer is my sled plus cash for a 2012 SB Assault w/2" track and fresh pistons.

I got an offer of a 2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 with 180 miles on it.  I actually thought about it...but no.  Not a four wheeler guy plus, it's another toy that doesn't sell for shit.  

I should have taken the stainless kitchen appliance package.  Or maybe the 1980 something Harley Fat flat Spoon Shovel Head with "lot's of chrome" :lol:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I got an offer of a 2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 with 180 miles on it.  I actually thought about it...but no.  Not a four wheeler guy plus, it's another toy that doesn't sell for shit.  

I should have taken the stainless kitchen appliance package.  Or maybe the 1980 something Harley Fat flat Spoon Shovel Head with "lot's of chrome" :lol:

You can't go wrong with stainless appliances! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....there is a reason it has new pistons

Zactly...and I'd bet those were just the last pair of "fresh" slugs dropped in it.  I'd bet there's a half dozen old ones sitting on the bench.  I'd almost go with a first year etec instead of that Poo mil.  Almost.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Zactly...and I'd bet those were just the last pair of "fresh" slugs dropped in it.  I'd bet there's a half dozen old ones sitting on the bench.

And a pile of scrap aluminum monoblocks as well

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:

:lol:

I remember people coming from Canada to buy my sleds.  Damn.  Can't sell these things for shit anymore.  It's actually surprising.

I traded my last one in. Listed it for what I thought was reasonable and no calls. None. My tolerance is low for assholes anyway so probably worked out for the best.