Check your account email address ×

Where will Millennials take the car industry ?

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Consumer reports are on line you ass fucks realize?

It seems you all live in the bush or bayou.

Millennials really only buy cars out of necessity. Most young couples have one car and use public trans or Uber.

Look at car sales you fuckin morons

sure in cities where the percentage has always been higher of single to no car owning house holds.  In suburban and rural areas people need vehicles which won't change.  And millennials as they have families will make a similar push into the suburbs that previous generations have.  Whats more impressive is the fact that auto sales have remained so high as vehicles have improved,  sure there were better sales years in the 80's but at that point a car was ready for the scrapyard in 5-6 years not ready to run another 100k miles.  

You do realize that a 16-17 million sales year is still considered very good right 

Total-Auto-Sales-by-Year-1.11.16.png

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Jesus.  MC is just a moron...  record car sales numbers in the US last year.  Millenials are just late to launch but the still buy cars but just later in life.

Insurance costs are a big part of them starting out later, but hey, Consumers Report.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Insurance costs are a big part of them starting out later, but hey, Consumers Report.

my kids insurance is 3000 between them-   i insure a house,  sled, motorcycle, and my 2 cars along with a large liability umbrella for that much

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

my kids insurance is 3000 between them-   i insure a house,  sled, motorcycle, and my 2 cars along with a large liability umbrella for that much

Mine is twice that for just one cause we have 4 cars and three drivers.  That's with putting him primary on a 2010 Santa Ghey as they won't allow occasional with more than two cars.

If we had only two cars it would have been about 1300.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Mine is twice that for just one cause we have 4 cars and three drivers.  That's with putting him primary on a 2010 Santa Ghey as they won't allow occasional with more than two cars.

If we had only two cars it would have been about 1300.

thats crazy,  my sons 02 wranglers is 1300 and my daughters 2011 Mazda 3 in 1800.  4 drivers 4 cars. if we didn;t get her a car she was about 700

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats crazy,  my sons 02 wranglers is 1300 and my daughters 2011 Mazda 3 in 1800.  4 drivers 4 cars. if we didn;t get her a car she was about 700

Yes it is.

Welcome to Canada, or at least Wynnetario.

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Jesus.  MC is just a moron...  record car sales numbers in the US last year.  Millenials are just late to launch but the still buy cars but just later in life.

So I was right. Fuckin idiot

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Not in major cities. Driverless cars will be a huge source of trans in a few years.

In a few years? :lol:  The ones that are out there have issues not to mention laws need to be passed as I believe the current testing is done under special exemptions.   We won't see any major use of them in the next 5-10 years.  On top of that Apple just announced its pulling back on the concept.   They got as much money as anyone.  

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So I was right. Fuckin idiot

No you idiot.  you said they buy what consumer reports tells them and they don't even know what brand and model car they drive......  

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

No you idiot.  you said they buy what consumer reports tells them and they don't even know what brand and model car they drive......  

Basically he said they don't know what they drive and buy base on consumer reports then went on to say they don't drive at all :lol: can't make it up 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Basically he said they don't know what they drive and buy base on consumer reports then went on to say they don't drive at all :lol: can't make it up 

Yep this ^^^^^^ :thumb: 

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

auto sales sales have declined for 6 straight months. it's pretty weak right now. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

In a few years? :lol:  The ones that are out there have issues not to mention laws need to be passed as I believe the current testing is done under special exemptions.   We won't see any major use of them in the next 5-10 years.  On top of that Apple just announced its pulling back on the concept.   They got as much money as anyone.  

there's 5 different levels to self driving autos. level 4 you can sleep in. ford has targeted 2021 as the release date of a level 4 vehicle for mass production. other makers are looking at level 3 cars by 2019. 

On 8/25/2017 at 6:20 PM, ActionfigureJoe said:

there's 5 different levels to self driving autos. level 4 you can sleep in. ford has targeted 2021 as the release date of a level 4 vehicle for mass production. other makers are looking at level 3 cars by 2019. 

Released and significant numbers are still 2 different things.  I seen one report claiming 2 million by 2019 or 2020. :lol:   There isn't even 750K fully electric cars on the road yet which started sales in 2012 (ish).   Every state needs to pass law on driverless auto's as well. 

https://www.recode.net/2016/12/21/14041112/electric-vehicles-report-2016

Official release should be today,

https://electrek.co/2017/05/25/tesla-semi-electric-truck/

“It is a heavy duty, long range, semi-truck. So it has the highest weight capability and with long range. So essentially it’s meant to alleviate the heavy duty trucking loads. And this is something which people do not, today, think is possible. They think the truck doesn’t have enough power or it doesn’t have enough range. And then with those with the Tesla semi we want to show that no, an electric truck actually can out-torque any diesel semi and if you had a tug-of-war competition, the Tesla semi what will tug the diesel semi uphill.”