Check your account email address ×

Scientology

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Yes the pedopohile priest issue is absolutely reprehensible and unforgiveable...can't argue that. Scientology is still in a class of it's own when it comes to being fucked up.

both are fucked up the level can be argued but neither is good.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

right cause the Catholics covering up kid diddling is different than Scientologist doing it.  The Vatican being one of the richest entities on earth was because they weren't lining their pockets with their followers money.  Believing in aliens is so much worse than believing in a mythical person who created us from nothing and had a son born from a virgin that rose from the dead.  

etc

etc

etc

It's all a cult

This

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yes the pedopohile priest issue is absolutely reprehensible and unforgiveable...can't argue that. Scientology is still in a class of it's own when it comes to being fucked up.

JWs are pretty fucked up too. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

both are fucked up the level can be argued but neither is good.  

You know what...I attended the Catholic Church here, made my first communion, etc.....Never had a priest mess with me, the sermons were always positive and uplifting and when I stopped attending nobody fucked with or threatened me.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

You know what...I attended the Catholic Church here, made my first communion, etc.....Never had a priest mess with me, the sermons were always positive and uplifting and when I stopped attending nobody fucked with or threatened me.

It is still based on a foundation as laughable as Scientology. 

Churches here run food pantrys, gather clothing, school supplies etc. via donations from the community and then hand them out at back to school time....like I said your blanket statements about all religion is assinine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

I really don't give a fuck about the opinion of a stick in the ass Canadian atheist.

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

Agreed.  The backstory of all religions is ridiculous but I will say that Scientology is more harmful in a cult like way.  It really fucks people up.

• Like 1

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Agreed.  The backstory of all religions is ridiculous but I will say that Scientology is more harmful in a cult like way.  It really fucks people up.

Thank you for being somewhat reasonable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Churches here run food pantrys, gather clothing, school supplies etc. via donations from the community and then hand them out at back to school time....like I said your blanket statements about all religion is assinine.

Yes that is an admirable function of most mainstream religions.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

:bc: 

St. Judes and other children's hospitals are  funded by Christian  whack jobs

Edited by Cold War

Just now, Cold War said:

:bc: 

St. Judes and other children's hospitals are all funded by Christian  whack jobs

Yep....aren't they just fucking horrible people! :lol:

• Like 1

No doubt Scientologists are some strange birds but they seem quite sane compared to the 100-300 million fucking wacko Muslims.   Yeah I know there are over a billion in total but I'm talking about the quantity that believes in far out shit like death to those that leave the religion.   

51 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Same here. Did my first communion, Sunday school, even went to a Catholic school.  And never got touched by a preist ,or had to stop talking to family when i stopped going . But ya,the preist thing......

Edited by xcr700

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

I think youre wrong there Don...maybe yours doesnt ask for money....but plenty do...

They never have asked for any money at all, they pass around a collection plate, you can put in whatever you want to, or nothing at all. They do have expenses too, just no Property taxes. Many folks donate time and material.

I have belonged to that religion since 1947 since I was born, went to Lutheran schools, sang in the Junior and Senior choirs, rang 1 of 3 church bells every service, sometimes 3 times a week, sent my own kids to Lutheran schools too, was very reasonable tuition.

Been all across the Country, through a lot of poor, depressed towns.  They have a church on every corner, as prevalent as party stores.

Funny thing, I have never  seen a  church of scientology in any poor community. Wonder why?

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Been all across the Country, through a lot of poor, depressed towns.  They have a church on every corner, as prevalent as party stores.

Funny thing, I have never  seen a  church of scientology in any poor community. Wonder why?

can't skim enough money to make it worthwhile,  they leave that for the christians to do

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I would believe that the good people of those churches would still be good people without the weekly sunshine blown up their asses.  Look how religious the blacks are in Detroit and most still aren't good people.  I don't believe it makes them a good person by attending church and listening to their dogma - you either are or are not already.  Maybe the organization allows them to help people and it would be less likely they would get together without the church - don't know.   JMO  :bc:

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

When I read that there are over 5000 different species of no-see-ums (100 times worse than a mosquito), I immediately wondered what the fuck Noah was thinking catching all those pesky little bastards for the ark ride.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

hell I was raised catholic and graduated a catholic HS,  I think they are one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of the earth.  At least they finally have a pope who sees that changes are needed.  I've got no beef with people liking their religion whatever it is as long as they don;t use it to fuck with others,  everyone need a  crutch in their lives sometimes.  

29 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Catholic Church is the biggest bunch of hippocrites, liers, child molesters, sexual deviants, theives and pedophiles.

Truth hurts. But it is what it is!

Could it be those kind of people use the church to find easy victims and portray themselves as trustworthy individuals?

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Could it be those kind of people use the church to find easy victims and portray themselves as trustworthy individuals?

For sure. But I bet 100% of those fucker were raised Catholic! They're not imports from some other religion. Homegrown!