Check your account email address ×

flew over my car today.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

here's the ultimate. my father-in-law took this photo when he was stationed on tinion island. i also have the photo he took of boxcar. fucking bomb was in a pit 200 feet from his bunk and he didn't know it. 

IMG_6085.JPG

Damn.....that is an amazing photo.

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

here's the ultimate. my father-in-law took this photo when he was stationed on tinion island. i also have the photo he took of boxcar. fucking bomb was in a pit 200 feet from his bunk and he didn't know it. 

IMG_6085.JPG

:bc:

I've seen Bockscar in the Dayton Museum

my wife grandpa was a tail gunner was shot down over Germany.  his great luck had him drifting down over a training camp where they took pop shots at him all the way down . they gave no medical tossed him in a pow camp where a Russia doctor inmate did surgery of sorts on a picnic table . the tough old guy still made 77 even with more holes than 50cent

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

my wife grandpa was a tail gunner was shot down over Germany.  his great luck had him drifting down over a training camp where they took pop shots at him all the way down . they gave no medical tossed him in a pow camp where a Russia doctor inmate did surgery of sorts on a picnic table . the tough old guy still made 77 even with more holes than 50cent

My wife's dad (whom I never met) had his leg shot off while parachuting down at Normandy.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

My wife's dad (whom I never met) had his leg shot off while parachuting down at Normandy.

Hard to even imagine what these two and countless others sacrificed and went through...truly the greatest generation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Hard to even imagine what these two and countless others sacrificed and went through...truly the greatest generation.

Absolutely, many of my uncles served in WW2, I admired them and looked up to them more that anyone I've known..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Absolutely, many of my uncles served in WW2, I admired them and looked up to them more that anyone I've known..

Bootlickers!!!!!!!! :lol:

Diluth has a really big Air Show every year.  Never been.  Guess I figured I'd seen enough.  Got a free Blue Angels show from my backyard this year though.  I guess they changed their flight pattern.  Shook the whole damn house when they headed back toward the show cracking the afterburners.  

41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

In the 90's, I know the B1 and I think they had B2's at Ellsworth in Rapid City.  

I know Ellsworth has B1s but I think the B2 only flies out of Knob Knoster Missouri. It is a base deep in the middle of nowhere with a population of like 4 people. 

8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I know Ellsworth has B1s but I think the B2 only flies out of Knob Knoster Missouri. It is a base deep in the middle of nowhere with a population of like 4 people. 

I remember road-tripping it out West in the late 90's and Ellsworth being a stop.  They had 4-6 B2's when we were there, which is why it sticks in my mind.  Radical looking to a 10-12 year old.  

It makes sense though to have one of the most advanced planes on the planet in the spot furthest away from our enemies.