Check your account email address ×

Just now, dz246 said:

You can visit @ckf drone while your down there hooking up a rope..... :news: 

Well played :bc: I was at the location of "The Incident" yesterday. I decided to watch my buddy fly while my drone stayed in the car :lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Drones are cheaper than sleds :news:

:lol:

Maybe but I got the sled back.:crazy:

Yeah....it kinda went without saying that suspension is gonna need a bit of work unless you are just banging it.  You'll see though. :lol:

I don't know how you ride but I can tell you that my current or last sled were not set up for all day cruising.  My 13 RR now has the racing skid and shocks.  At about the 40 mile mark...I'd better be close to home....and usually am...so that's why I can deal with it.  Try it out.  But why some refuse to dump a couple hundo into shock revalving when they are miserable is mind boggling.  WORTH IT.  And it's not just about setting the shocks to full soft.  That's not how it really works.  But that's another thread under "Suspension help". :lmao:

Yes, the R seats were made so that your ass-spine doesn't touch the tunnel on impact.  Imagine riding around on an inflated basketball all day cuz, YUP...that's exactly what it feels like.  

racinfarmer hit it on the head, everybody has a different idea on what "trail converting" is with these racers.  To me, it's minimal....otherwise, better off just buying a consumer 600. Financially and physically.  But I hate my money and my body so........

If you can, find a local racer and just go jump on it (ask first).  You won't even have to start it to feel the suspension difference.  Ironing boards on steroids!  Remember, designed to land 40 foot doubles out of the box.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....it kinda went without saying that suspension is gonna need a bit of work unless you are just banging it.  You'll see though. :lol:

I don't know how you ride but I can tell you that my current or last sled were not set up for all day cruising.  My 13 RR now has the racing skid and shocks.  At about the 40 mile mark...I'd better be close to home....and usually am...so that's why I can deal with it.  Try it out.  But why some refuse to dump a couple hundo into shock revalving when they are miserable is mind boggling.  WORTH IT.  And it's not just about setting the shocks to full soft.  That's not how it really works.  But that's another thread under "Suspension help". :lmao:

Yes, the R seats were made so that your ass-spine doesn't touch the tunnel on impact.  Imagine riding around on an inflated basketball all day cuz, YUP...that's exactly what it feels like.  

racinfarmer hit it on the head, everybody has a different idea on what "trail converting" is with these racers.  To me, it's minimal....otherwise, better off just buying a consumer 600. Financially and physically.  But I hate my money and my body so........

If you can, find a local racer and just go jump on it (ask first).  You won't even have to start it to feel the suspension difference.  Ironing boards on steroids!  Remember, designed to land 40 foot doubles out of the box.

Well if past years are any judge most of my riding will be similar to yours...not a ton of miles and mostly fucking around close to the barn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well if past years are any judge most of my riding will be similar to yours...not a ton of miles and mostly fucking around close to the barn.

Then a racer is perfect. IMO.  It's what I'm doing too.  Just meant to take abuse....and give it.  We usually do a 38-39 mile run a couple times a week...maybe a 60 on weekends.  But it's ACTION PACKED!  On the 60 days, It feels good to get to the driveway.   My 800 is just too much torque for what I use it for...and I'm tired of the wrestling matches out in the twisties.  Fuck me.  I'm getting too old and sore for this shit anymore.

Boo hoo.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Then a racer is perfect. IMO.  It's what I'm doing too.  Just meant to take abuse....and give it.  We usually do a 38-39 mile run a couple times a week...maybe a 60 on weekends.  But it's ACTION PACKED!  On the 60 days, It feels good to get to the driveway.   My 800 is just too much torque for what I use it for...and I'm tired of the wrestling matches out in the twisties.  Fuck me.  I'm getting too old and sore for this shit anymore.

Boo hoo.

That is what I'm saying...I always think that next season will be the one where I go full on high mile trail rider....never happens. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That is what I'm saying...I always think that next season will be the one where I go full on high mile trail rider....never happens. :lol:

Usually we'll put on an infamous "HCS BRISK GROUP RIDE" a couple times a year.  Folks come up from WI and lower MN to ride.  Some never return. :lol: we roll at a good pace "brisk" was the sarcastic term somebody used.  Sometimes it will be 120-140 miles...and at the 100 mile mark, I find I'm just about ready to quit sledding!!!!!!  Usually me and a couple others will break out and really lay some shit down.  It helps.  I guess what I'm trying to say is these sleds set up for racing make really, REALLY bad trail cruisers.  Sitting down for too long means certain spine disfiguration.

BIT HEY!!!!  GIDDY UP!!!!!  Wooooo hoooooo!!!!

• Like 1

I've run my IQR/XCR about 100 miles on trail rides not much different except the seat is narrower and harder, I spent 35 years or so on 14 or 15" wide seats just hard to get use to, even the Boss high rise  on my XC/XCR seems narrow to me. All the shocks have been CC  valved and front and rear springs were changed swaybar added and SLP SLT ski's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Usually we'll put on an infamous "HCS BRISK GROUP RIDE" a couple times a year.  Folks come up from WI and lower MN to ride.  Some never return. :lol: we roll at a good pace "brisk" was the sarcastic term somebody used.  Sometimes it will be 120-140 miles...and at the 100 mile mark, I find I'm just about ready to quit sledding!!!!!!  Usually me and a couple others will break out and really lay some shit down.  It helps.  I guess what I'm trying to say is these sleds set up for racing make really, REALLY bad trail cruisers.  Sitting down for too long means certain spine disfiguration.

BIT HEY!!!!  GIDDY UP!!!!!  Wooooo hoooooo!!!!

You croc wearing sally.  

When the starter on the Viper shit the bed, I did a 240 mile day on the R-XC.  

We had a good clip going at times, but most of the time I think a concrete park bench would have rode better.

I did give chase to a couple hot shots on a pair of old Rev 800's that weaved through our group.  I think the one was pretty surprised when I went sailing past him as he started slowing down for a corner.  I was in my element!:lol:

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You croc wearing sally.  

When the starter on the Viper shit the bed, I did a 240 mile day on the R-XC.  

We had a good clip going at times, but most of the time I think a concrete park bench would have rode better.

I did give chase to a couple hot shots on a pair of old Rev 800's that weaved through our group.  I think the one was pretty surprised when I went sailing past him as he started slowing down for a corner.  I was in my element!:lol:

Wait....other riders passed you?  Neato!  What was that like? :lol:

I was riding with a buddy on his new Pro-s last year.  At a stop he jumped on my sled and jumped right back off.  And just said "nope!".  I got on his and it was like a lazy boy!!!  I just sat down and felt like asking for the remote and a TV dinner.  Plush for sure.  

Just now, Zambroski said:

Wait....other riders passed you?  Neato!  What was that like? :lol:

I was riding with a buddy on his new Pro-s last year.  At a stop he jumped on my sled and jumped right back off.  And just said "nope!".  I got on his and it was like a lazy boy!!!  I just sat down and felt like asking for the remote and a TV dinner.  Plush for sure.  

Well, I was in a group of probably a dozen sleds.  I'd like to think we are pretty courteous riders and will pull over when it is safe to do so or let others pass at the next stop when needed.  These two couldn't wait and were passing people going up hills and around corners and shit.  So when the group stopped to figure out WTF, I gave chase.  I was maybe just a little hot under the helmet.  :bc:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Well, I was in a group of probably a dozen sleds.  I'd like to think we are pretty courteous riders and will pull over when it is safe to do so or let others pass at the next stop when needed.  These two couldn't wait and were passing people going up hills and around corners and shit.  So when the group stopped to figure out WTF, I gave chase.  I was maybe just a little hot under the helmet.  :bc:

I love "giving chase"!  I think anybody that has ever raced anything has that in their blood.  We left out from a rest stop so fast one time trying to catch some ya-hoos, I left my iPod and face mask behind!!!!!   Damn it! :lol:

On 7/22/2017 at 4:51 PM, racinfarmer said:

It isn't too bad, just need a tunnel bag or backpack with a couple quarts in it.  

My buddies RS has a nice oily sheen on the back of the tunnel from all the oil that spilled out while riding and the pre-mix jug he carries. He's always steeling my windshield to try and stay warm etc too. 

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

None of the racers are, even the XC sleds.  Heck, I don't think the RR's or the XRS's or the like are good all day cruisers.  

My 5k miles on an xrs disagrees with you.  They softened them up after the first few years now they are not much stiffer then an x.