Check your account email address ×

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

All things considered, they are pretty durable sleds and unless it was really pounded on, should be pretty straight yet.  

Beig a sno-x sled, you'll definitely want to re-build and re-valve the shocks and go through the skid while it is out for shocks.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

All things considered, they are pretty durable sleds and unless it was really pounded on, should be pretty straight yet.  

Beig a sno-x sled, you'll definitely want to re-build and re-valve the shocks and go through the skid while it is out for shocks.  

I haven't seen the sled but the owner said that the suspension has been all redone and motor rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I haven't seen the sled but the owner said that the suspension has been all redone and motor rebuild.

And that would seal the deal for not buying it for me. :lol:

Just buying someone elses junk imo. :bc:

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

//duluth.craigslist.org/snw/d/ski-doo-rs/6225302523.html

for smales

https://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/d/ski-doo-rs/6225302523.html

Sweet ride...thanks for posting....my first new sled was a Doo so maybe it's time to go back to the French side!

7 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Ha!  Trying to snag me an RS now also.  Not very successfully though.  >:(  I think my "ball" was a bit too low.  I'll up it next week.

Good sleds.  I think 4K may be a bit high now.  And did I read fresh engine and suspension?  That's weird.  On a sled that "hasn't been raced"?  Hmmmm....  I'd have to look at it and make sure some retard with a set of vice grips and a full set of adjustable wrenches wasn't working on it for sure.

Is it close to you?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ha!  Trying to snag me an RS now also.  Not very successfully though.  >:(  I think my "ball" was a bit too low.  I'll up it next week.

Good sleds.  I think 4K may be a bit high now.  And did I read fresh engine and suspension?  That's weird.  On a sled that "hasn't been raced"?  Hmmmm....  I'd have to look at it and make sure some retard with a set of vice grips and a full set of adjustable wrenches wasn't working on it for sure.

Is it close to you?

The cat had the frrsh engine and suspension....not the doo

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Is it close to you?

A few hours away...I sent the guy a text but haven't heard back.

4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

The cat had the frrsh engine and suspension....not the doo

My bad.  Trying to get caught up...may have perished a bit too quick.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

A few hours away...I sent the guy a text but haven't heard back.

I've got no problem road tripping for the right price.  Shit, drove 12 hours round trip to get my last sled.  Sled and price were right!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My bad.  Trying to get caught up...may have perished a bit too quick.

I've got no problem road tripping for the right price.  Shit, drove 12 hours round trip to get my last sled.  Sled and price were right!

I hate driving more then a hour to get a new/newer one.  

However, I'll road trip it 3 hours one way to pick up some old rusty non-running pile of shit from under a pine tree for $20.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

However, I'll road trip it 3 hours one way to pick up some old rusty non-running pile of shit from under a pine tree for $20.

As long as it's new enough and I've worked the price right...I'll make the trip.  Caught two flights to pick up my last Vette and drove it home.  Got home exactly 24 hours after I left.  6-6.  That shit is exciting to me.

19 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I have an old skidoo that sounds perfect for you!!!

:lol:  I really do want to get rid of it though, and it even sits indoors!

So the guy with the Doo responded....I asked what had been done to trail convert it  and does it run on pump gas..he says only the 10 gallon tank and yes on pump gas but needs to be  mixed which I knew. Nothing about jetting changes or disconnecting the hot start....I guess tomorrow I ask more questions.