Check your account email address ×

*** Official Mayweather/McGregor Fight Thread ***

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is bullshit according to Paulie and to even mention some no name sparring partner in the same sentence with Mayweather is idiocy. Mayweather is one of the best boxers of all time. He is an elite athlete on a level in the ring that almost no boxer has ever been. Floyd could be under general anaesthesia and still not get hit by the likes of some punk ass MMA fighter.

Everything you are seeing is a carefully choreographed stunt to try and lend legitimacy to something that is nothing more than an idiotic circus spectacle 

Dana White should release the whole video.

In retirement, Malignaggi joined the Team McGregor camp following the announcement of Conor McGregor's August 26, 2017 boxing bout against undefeated Floyd Mayweather. A sparring session between Malignaggi and McGregor was rumored to have become violent, and photos were leaked showing Malignaggi appearing to have been knocked down. Malignaggi disputed the rumors and announced on Aug. 3, 2017 he would be leaving Team McGregor. He also called for the full video of the sparring session to be released to show what actually took place, claiming he was pushed and never knocked down during the 12 round session. He also claimed that in fact over the 12 rounds of sparring he had dominated Conor McGregor. On August 11, two short clips of the sparring session, including of the knockdown in question, were released by Dana White on Instagram. This footage showed McGregor as the aggressor and landing multiple shots against Malignaggi, who after the release continued to assert he had been pushed, citing McGregor's hand placement holding his neck down prior to swinging a left uppercut and pushing off with his right hand. [30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulie_Malignaggi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/12/someone-bet-big-on-floyd-mayweather-as-another-worrisome-conor-mcgregor-video-goes-up/?utm_term=.a600e94cb7e4

:lol: I think at 70 years old Floyd will still move faster and look more fluid than this fucking Irish idiot......this fight is a joke. Connor would not make it past amateur ranks as a boxer

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/12/someone-bet-big-on-floyd-mayweather-as-another-worrisome-conor-mcgregor-video-goes-up/?utm_term=.a600e94cb7e4

:lol: I think at 70 years old Floyd will still move faster and look more fluid than this fucking Irish idiot......this fight is a joke. Connor would not make it past amateur ranks as a boxer

Are you going to leave the site like no chin did after your big loss? :lol:

38 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Are you going to leave the site like no chin did after your big loss? :lol:

nope , I'll pay my bet and call the fight rigged for the next year or so then forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I see Ben is clinging to that little shred of hope he still has that Mayweather will eek out a 12 round snoozer.  Hey Ben, your boy is going down.  He hasn't had an exciting fight in almost a decade but that is about to change.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Joe Rogan attempts to interview Paulie Malignaggi after McGregor knocked him on his ass but the little Paulie was to concussed for a coherent response.............

DHEDbxZUAAA4S3Q.jpg

Hahaha.....when I saw the word concussed it reminded me of this. :lol:

Is Butterbean OK? :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Hahaha.....when I saw the word concussed it reminded me of this. :lol:

Is Butterbean OK? :lol:

Hahahahaha.  On August 26 McGregor is gonna make Mayweather look like Johnny Knoxsville.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

if the contest was to be decided by who had the gayest rubber arm warmup and slowest speed bag skills.......connor would be getting the KO :lol: 

6QeEAJRQCisYU95cuYXcxnA5_72o5mAHfM_KIYvt76124737.jpg

Edited by AKIQPilot

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think this twitter vid is bullshit, while I don't think McGregor will win I certainly know that he's faster and hits harder than what's seen. This could be a good fight Ben.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/896147899817512961

20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I think this twitter vid is bullshit, while I don't think McGregor will win I certainly know that he's faster and hits harder than what's seen. This could be a good fight Ben.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/896147899817512961

Pipe down Vince.  Ben is sure everything he see's on twitter is absolute fact.  McGregor is a 3rd rate chump and the whole fight is a set up.  

Uh oh.  Poor hooknose Ben.  Shit just got real.  

NSAC just approved 8oz gloves.  Mayweather is going down.  

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/16/16157368/nevada-commission-approves-lighter-glove-size-for-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor

The social media banter between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor has become a reality.

The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) approved Wednesday a “one-time” waiver to allow Mayweather and McGregor to wear lighter gloves than boxing rules dictate for their Aug. 26 fight in Las Vegas.

The motion passed unanimously to let the matchup be contested with 8-ounce gloves, rather than 10-ounce ones that the regulations state.

The glove size argument started two weeks ago on Instagram when Mayweather posted that he wanted to give McGregor an advantage in the fight by reducing the glove size. McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion, wears 4-ounce gloves for MMA. McGregor responded that he didn’t really care either way what the size gloves were.

Both Mayweather and McGregor had representatives go before the commission Wednesday and explain why their respective fighters wanted 8-ounce gloves instead of 10-ouncers. Both reps said neither fighter was concerned that it would be a risk.

“On behalf of Team McGregor, we believe it’s fine,” said Michael Mersch, McGregor’s representative and a former UFC executive. “We don’t have any health and safety concerns on the behalf of our fighter.”

The commissioners, citing a lack of scientific evidence for their glove size rules dictated by weight class, all gave their approval. Chairman Anthony Marnell did say he was upset that Mayweather and McGregor had used the commission for promotion on social media.

“I do not like the Nevada State Athletic Commission being used as a pawn in a social media bout,” Marnell said. “Between these two, that part of this request pisses me off.

“This body is not the subject of two fighters … to create social media stir and other controversy to sell tickets and to sell DirecTV.”

Commissioner Skip Avasino, the commission’s most tenured member, said since it was a hybrid fight — an MMA fighter coming in and facing a boxer — they could grant a waiver for this occasion. But he recommend a scientific study that was first supposed to be done in 2006 regarding glove size.

The Nevada rules — and regular boxing rules — state that fights at 147 pounds and below can use 8-ounce gloves, but anything above 147 pounds the fight will be contested with 10-ounce gloves. Mayweather vs. McGregor is a 154-pound fight.

Mersch said McGregor is at 160 pounds right now and expects him to have no trouble making weight. Mayweather’s rep said the all-time great boxer will likely be about 150 pounds on weigh-in day Aug. 25.

The Association of Ringside Physicians (ARP) wrote a letter to the Nevada commission Tuesday, cautioning them to not change their rules unless they had scientific reason.

“Unless there is scientific evidence to support the view that such a change might improve the safety of the bout, we should strongly caution against allowing current regulations to be over-ruled,” ARP board chairman Dr. Raymond Monsell wrote. “To do so would also set a precedent for future bouts.”

Dr. J. Daniel Carpenter, a Nevada athletic commissioner, said he didn’t think there would be any “significant” health and safety issues for Mayweather and McGregor in this fight with a two-ounce change in glove size, because they are world-class athletes. But he wants the NAC to review the gloves worn and the distribution of padding in both of them.

“I think the health and safety of the fighters will be protected by our excellent refs,” Carpenter said.

Commissioner Skip Avasino, the commission’s most tenured member, said since it was a hybrid fight — an MMA fighter coming in and facing a boxer — they could grant a waiver for this occasion. But he recommend a scientific study that was first supposed to be done in 2006 regarding glove size.

The Nevada rules — and regular boxing rules — state that fights at 147 pounds and below can use 8-ounce gloves, but anything above 147 pounds the fight will be contested with 10-ounce gloves. Mayweather vs. McGregor is a 154-pound fight.

Mersch said McGregor is at 160 pounds right now and expects him to have no trouble making weight. Mayweather’s rep said the all-time great boxer will likely be about 150 pounds on weigh-in day Aug. 25.

The Association of Ringside Physicians (ARP) wrote a letter to the Nevada commission Tuesday, cautioning them to not change their rules unless they had scientific reason.

“Unless there is scientific evidence to support the view that such a change might improve the safety of the bout, we should strongly caution against allowing current regulations to be over-ruled,” ARP board chairman Dr. Raymond Monsell wrote. “To do so would also set a precedent for future bouts.”

Dr. J. Daniel Carpenter, a Nevada athletic commissioner, said he didn’t think there would be any “significant” health and safety issues for Mayweather and McGregor in this fight with a two-ounce change in glove size, because they are world-class athletes. But he wants the NAC to review the gloves worn and the distribution of padding in both of them.

“I think the health and safety of the fighters will be protected by our excellent refs,” Carpenter said.

Hall of Fame referee Robert Byrd was appointed as the Mayweather vs. McGregor referee by the commission Wednesday.

Mayweather has had a legal KO in 10 years.  He KO's Victor Ortiz with an illegal punch while stepping on his foot.  Mayweathers power has diminished drastically since the last time he punched hard enough to knock someone out.

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Mayweather should destroy him. What a shit show!

If you ever fought Machznot, he'd destroy you, faggot.  He'd beat you like a two-dollar whore. :finger:

Edited by Guest