Check your account email address ×

Life Expectancy vs. Health Spending Per Capita

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There is infinitely more profit in treating the illness than finding a cure.  Plus, if the treatment doesn't work, it can be blamed on the complexity of the illness.  "Covid variants".  "Flu strains".

There's infinitely more profit for the company, and it's leadership, that finds a cure. And if they don't, someone else will eat their lunch. Same as any industry. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

There's infinitely more profit for the company, and it's leadership, that finds a cure. And if they don't, someone else will eat their lunch. Same as any industry. 

There's no $$$ in a one and done vax, boosters every 3 months is where its at.

Saves 20 million lives.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well then go get your monthly shingles shot, or did they screw that one up and forget to make it monthly so they could make more $$.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

This is what happens when a nation has a for profit healthcare system that trades human health like pork bellies. 

For most their health starts with their own personal behavior.   As a country we suck at that.  We like to blame everyone but ourselves.   

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Saves 20 million lives.

Pfizer and Donald J Trump approve this message.

Trump hails COVID-19 vaccine as "Christmas miracle"

idiot... :lol:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Bambi.  Lol

Well until they come up with the cure....you know....treating the symptoms is pretty profitable too.  But they'll get to it...trying so hard!!!!

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

It's not profitable (or smart) to cure your customers of your products.

Take your jab and shut it 

CDC estimates 70% of HC costs in the US are Obesity related illness/disease.   Then only puts a $170 billion price tag on it yet our HC costs are $4.5 trillion. :lmao:

43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bambi.  Lol

Well until they come up with the cure....you know....treating the symptoms is pretty profitable too.  But they'll get to it...trying so hard!!!!

Ahh, the default. Got there quickly. 

No one's working on alternatives forms of energy right now either, because there's obviously more money in pumping oil forever. Nor the holy grail of nuclear fusion, because near limitless power.... well we obviously can't have that. ;)

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

For most their health starts with their own personal behavior.   As a country we suck at that.  We like to blame everyone but ourselves.   

Listen dude, when people are young and they get their first taste of a cheeseburger, french fries, ice cream, pizza, etc. ...............there's no going back. :lmao:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

CDC estimates 70% of HC costs in the US are Obesity related illness/disease.   Then only puts a $170 billion price tag on it yet our HC costs are $4.5 trillion. :lmao:

GMO crops, HFCS, unregulated amounts of salt, fat, and sugar in processed foods. Whenever any entity brings up more tightly regulating the food supply they get labeled as a communist or some other kind of fake label. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

GMO crops, HFCS, unregulated amounts of salt, fat, and sugar in processed foods. Whenever any entity brings up more tightly regulating the food supply they get labeled as a communist or some other kind of fake label. 

Russia has outlawed import or distribution of all GMO foods and banned any and all modified crops and cattle.

Russia wins.  Like in the U-Kraine!

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Russia has outlawed import or distribution of all GMO foods and banned any and all modified crops and cattle.

All the major countries of the EU have opted out of GMO foods. They also have quotas on HFCS. 

All the major countries of the EU have opted out of GMO foods. They also have quotas on HFCS. 

What's even stranger is many of the snacks and children's foods we gobble up are also banned there.  Hmmmm.....I wonder if we should be....ummmmm.....wondering?

11 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You have zero clue.:lol:

And the best part is that you can't even explain what that means.  So yes, no one has any clue wtf you think you are thinking.  It's definitely nonsense though.  If it weren't you'd be the first to try to enlighten everyone but even with backup from your whole flock you won't be able to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Must be some hungry fuckers in Ruskieland and the EU.

Virtually everything in every store or in seed packets is a GMO of some sort.

Edited by racinfarmer

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

What's even stranger is many of the snacks and children's foods we gobble up are also banned there.  Hmmmm.....I wonder if we should be....ummmmm.....wondering?

you probably don't want to know what's been fed to your thanksgiving turkey... ;)

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Must be some hungry fuckers in Ruskieland and the EU.

Virtually everything in every store or in seed packets is a GMO of some sort.

That’s just here.  We’re losing the long game of the East…..and have been for some time.  Don’t like it?  Switch genders!  Catalogs available.

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you probably don't want to know what's been fed to your thanksgiving turkey... ;)

No, I do not.

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sorry, I know it's your favorite day of the entire year. 

probably worth it though.

My least favorite holiday meal by far...in particular when others cook it, but even if I do it is about as boring as it gets.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My least favorite holiday meal by far...in particular when others cook it, but even if I do it is about as boring as it gets.

since I've taken over the bird during the wife's families gluttony fest... it's gotten better.  wife and SIL have also made alterations to the bland standards as well.  cranberry chutney being a personal favorite.  their mom freaked out a couple years ago because garlic and herbs were added to the mashed potatoes.  I just laughed out loud to the displeasure of my wife. 

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since I've taken over the bird during the wife's families gluttony fest... it's gotten better.  wife and SIL have also made alterations to the bland standards as well.  cranberry chutney being a personal favorite.  their mom freaked out a couple years ago because garlic and herbs were added to the mashed potatoes.  I just laughed out loud to the displeasure of my wife. 

I dismember the bird, sous vide the meat, bake the skin crispy separate, make Joel Robuchon's potatoes, stuffing from leftover homemade sourdough, use exotic mushrooms in the green bean "hot dish" and so on.  Still don't like it.  The dismembering is genius though as we used to always buy a turkey and do it a few days before so that you don't have to kill the one you eat for Thanksgiving to have endless gravy....and by far the best part of turkey is the gravy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Highmark said:

I point the finger at the food industry and how congress has allowed it to run roughshod for those contributions. All at the expense of US citizens. I don’t expect anything to be done. Americans will simply get sicker and sicker with healthcare costs spiraling.  

• Like 1

I point the finger at the food industry and how congress has allowed it to run roughshod for those contributions. All at the expense of US citizens. I don’t expect anything to be done. Americans will simply get sicker and sicker with healthcare costs spiraling.  

Yet people are living longer than they ever have on avg. :dunno: