Check your account email address ×

NH record housing median sales price

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my buddy is a tsa agent at the local airport. my other buddy thought it would be funny to mess with him. so e walks up to him acts strange and asks "you guys aren't gonna strip search me are ya?" . tsa guy said "mike if you don't get away from me they are gonna tackle you and you are gonna miss your flight" . he backed off

in Miami I asked if they were going to use the feather or the cattle prod on me this time... that got two TSA chuckles and a glare from who I'm guessing was a supervisor.  btw, if you have a few grand in cash in your front pocket, you're apparently supposed to take it out before going through the scanner/detector. 

oops... :roflcrying:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would never own a property in a shithole country like Bahamas.

I'm on the fence between buying and renting one out from May-November or just renting.  It's not a rush, wife is five years younger than me and someone needs to work and pay for health insurance.  :lol:

I doubt millennials are the problem. People seem to forget what the age range is for them. The ones screaming for affordable housing and student loan forgiveness are too young to be a millennial. the youngest ones would have been out of college long enough their loans would be pretty much paid off by now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You're new at this I see.

Not at all. Im not retarded like you is the difference.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Millennials spend their money stupidly. Spending 23.00 to have grub hub deliver your 15.00 pizza instead of picking it up yourself. 15.00 drinks out 3 times a week instead of one time. 18.00 for fancy hamburger and fries. 

And 80,000 dollar vehicles 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I doubt millennials are the problem. People seem to forget what the age range is for them. The ones screaming for affordable housing and student loan forgiveness are too young to be a millennial. the youngest ones would have been out of college long enough their loans would be pretty much paid off by now. 

You would be surprised. Their are gen z er's who still owe SL money.

36 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You would be surprised. Their are gen z er's who still owe SL money.

The youngest millennials are about 30 with the majority of them being older than 35. I don’t know anyone over the age of 30 still carrying boat loads student debt and any of that. you would have had almost a decade to pay on it unless you went and got a doctorate. 

15 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The youngest millennials are about 30 with the majority of them being older than 35. I don’t know anyone over the age of 30 still carrying boat loads student debt and any of that. you would have had almost a decade to pay on it unless you went and got a doctorate. 

you'd likely be amazed at the amount of student debt Gen-M hasn't paid off.  

I'd go look but it's PBR night... :roflcrying:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you'd likely be amazed at the amount of student debt Gen-M hasn't paid off.  

I'd go look but it's PBR night... :roflcrying:

What they don’t post is how many loans were taken out and how many have been paid off. The jack asses that got a 10 year doctorate in basket weaving would skew the dollar amount number big time. 

I haven't seen anyone discuss not only the cost of the starter home and if they'd just cut out their morning coffee, everything would be just fine.

Even if you could twist the numbers to work out on the mortgage, you still short yourself on retirement.

If government wanted to do an “affordable” house program they would do a no income taxes paid up to a certain income level say 80k for a family and your weekly taxes get directly deposited to the mortgage company and you have to make your normal payment or loose it. It would be a locked in rate where the gubberment gets a cut for 5 years. It can’t be new construction and can’t be from a flipper. House had to be lived in for 5 years. It would kill the rental and real estate market fast 

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

we will not see 3 without a wholesale crumbling of the economy.   7 is IMO the new normal,  if we get under 6 people should run and grab those rates because its not going to be like it was from 2010-2022 again.  Like anytime in history those who have gathered cash can do well when the economy drops but most of these kids today are not going to do that because the cost of everything is too high.  

Not sure on the 7.  6.175% without paying points this week.

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would never own a property in a shithole country like Bahamas.

Instead you own a shit hole property in CA and a shit hole timeshare in FL

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Instead you own a shit hole property in CA and a shit hole timeshare in FL

All I know is my shit hole cost less than a condo in the Minneapolis metro. School district 196 is out of control and millennials are building 700k faster than a boomer can retire to have their kids go there