Check your account email address ×

Get ready for $5-a-gallon gasoline The 20% gains in crude-oil prices this year may not slow down until fall.

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Look what happened in 2020. 

He lost. He didn't get what he wanted and threw a fit like a child.

He didn't lose BTW.....I will never ever believe Biden won legitimately. 

This was the most questionable election ever with a large percentage of Americans knowing it was stolen.

1712674255475.jpg

1712674314516.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yeah well Trump doesn't play those games ...Trump gets what he wants

You really have no idea what you’re talking about most of the time.

“The OPEC+ alliance agreed to a fresh round of production cuts in December, despite Trump calling on the group to keep pumping at high levels. Since January, the group has aimed to keep 1.2 million barrels a day off the market in order to drain oversupply.”

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

This was the most questionable election ever with a large percentage of Americans knowing it was stolen.

1712674255475.jpg

1712674314516.jpg

CNN’s shitty counting has jack shit to do with actual vote counts. Ever wonder why when you flip between channels the vote counts all different?

Cute meme though, easy for slow people to understand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You could be a little nicer ya know.

sorry, I failed to add idiotic uninformed opinions to that.  

my bad. 

:ashamed:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

1712674255475.jpg

1712674314516.jpg

What a terrible thing to take to your grave. :lol: 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Interesting how hezbollah could cause a $40 increase in a barrel of oil from where it is now with what is going on in the Straight of Hormuz 

https://www.thestreet.com/economy/get-ready-for-5-a-gallon-gasoline

Do you get pleasure from the suffering of others?

Will you be happy too,  when a loaf of bread is $50 and a gallon of milk $100?

Unlike your miserable attitude, I wish electric cars were 10K and a kwh 5 cents.

I want people to be able to afford more, not less. 

Canada, only 6 cents more than Ukraine...a fucking war zone.

The taxes we pay on gas is almost half the cost.

The peasants need to be more revolting.

661572acd7bf2e963e89685182178c4e.png

Edited by Voodoo

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Do you get pleasure from the suffering of others?

Will you be happy too,  when a loaf of bread is $50 and a gallon of milk $100?

Unlike your miserable attitude, I wish electric cars were 10K and a kwh 5 cents.

I want people to be able to afford more, not less. 

Canada, only 6 cents more than Ukraine...a fucking war zone.

The taxes we pay on gas is almost half the cost.

The peasants need to be more revolting.

661572acd7bf2e963e89685182178c4e.png

I don’t really care how other feel tbh.  I believe in self sufficiency and responsibility.  If you are paying $5 a gallon and that is upsetting that is the sole responsibility of those upset especially when it’s so easy not to pay $5 a gallon.  My electricity is way less the 5 cents a kwh but don’t really care if somebody has to pay more for electricity then I do.  Their choice to pay how much ever they want.  Every expenditure besides taxes is a personal choice.

Gas is at $4.50/gal here this morning.  My HD truck and my ski boat will still be gassers, but it's looking like we timed it well picking this up last Friday.

Loving it so far.  It's our first EV, but probably will always have one EV in the fleet going forward.  My wife's car never goes more than 100 miles from home.  Perfect use case.

PXL_20240406_040336354.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Gas is at $4.50/gal here this morning.  My HD truck and my ski boat will still be gassers, but it's looking like we timed it well picking this up last Friday.

Loving it so far.  It's our first EV, but probably will always have one EV in the fleet going forward.  My wife's car never goes more than 100 miles from home.  Perfect use case.

You're from around Phoenix? 

I've been hanging around Mesquite NV for a few weeks now. Deisel(3.99) is less than gas(4.33)

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member
57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nice car.  Filled my work truck this morning for 4.89 a gallon for diesel….  15 mpg. Filled my Tesla for free as well today.  😂 

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I don’t really care how other feel tbh.  I believe in self sufficiency and responsibility.  If you are paying $5 a gallon and that is upsetting that is the sole responsibility of those upset especially when it’s so easy not to pay $5 a gallon.  My electricity is way less the 5 cents a kwh but don’t really care if somebody has to pay more for electricity then I do.  Their choice to pay how much ever they want.  Every expenditure besides taxes is a personal choice.

How exactly does someone buy gas for less?

I know how someone buys an Ev for less, they get government to fuck every one else over and steal their money 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Nice looking ride :bc:....I'm gonna hold off a bit before going the EV route.... technology continues to improve.. but now that I'm retired, It probably would be nice to have a vehicle to do the short trips like picking up the morning coffee and never having to worry about gasing up.        

:popcornchair:

https://www.pennlive.com/politics/2024/04/pa-house-committee-to-consider-bill-setting-electric-vehicle-fee-to-start-at-125.html

Pennsylvania’s electric vehicle owners would pay an annual fee to help make up for lost gas tax revenue that goes toward maintaining the state’s roads and bridges under a bill to receive consideration by a legislative committee Monday.

The legislation, sponsored by the House Transportation Committee Chairman Ed Neilson, D-Philadelphia, would establish the annual fee starting at $125 next year and increasing by $25 a year through 2029 when it reaches $225. In 2030 and thereafter, the annual fee would be adjusted annually at the rate of inflation.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

How exactly does someone buy gas for less?

I know how someone buys an Ev for less, they get government to fuck every one else over and steal their money 

Make your own.  More fuel efficient vehicles also will lower costs.  Get a bicycle, public transportation for those in more urban style enviroment.  Buying a pickup that mostly haul air and one or 2 people and to occasionally tow toys for recreation is a personal choice and expenditure.  If you have a 15 mpg rig and it hurts to fill at 5 bucks a gallon you can easily get a vehicle that gets 40-45 mpg on the cheap which uses a 1/3 less fuel.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Make your own.  More fuel efficient vehicles also will lower costs.  Get a bicycle, public transportation for those in more urban style enviroment.  Buying a pickup that mostly haul air and one or 2 people and to occasionally tow toys for recreation is a personal choice and expenditure.  If you have a 15 mpg rig and it hurts to fill at 5 bucks a gallon you can easily get a vehicle that gets 40-45 mpg on the cheap which uses a 1/3 less fuel.

True.

I have a very fuel efficient motorcycle that I drive to save fuel.

Still doesn’t explain away how Ev sales fuck the ass of  the general public, using the long cold penis of government.

You strike me as the type that wouldn’t even offer a reach around 

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

True.

Still doesn’t explain away how Ev sales fuck the ass of  the general public, using the long cold penis of government.

I will take advantage of every tax law that lets me keep more of my own money.  I am not the type that feels your tax dollars are mine but odd you feel obligated to the dollars I pay in.  You lower your tax burden by using tax law to your advantage.  Can’t help those that won’t help themselves

Edited by BOHICA

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

True.

I got $7500 off my lease of my new EV. I don't see it as robbing my fellow citizens. I see it as the federal government giving me back a tiny fraction of the taxes I paid in 2023. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I got $7500 off my lease of my new EV. I don't see it as robbing my fellow citizens. I see it as the federal government giving me back a tiny fraction of the taxes I paid in 2023. 

It’s corporate welfare, nothing less.

I agree, taxes are close to theft.

If gas cost $5 to make, so be it. It is more like $3 and $2 of tax, but let’s go with that.

if the EV cost $30k, fine…but it didn’t.

it cost $50k and government used the $2 they stole from the gas users to subsidize.

An even playing field is all I ask.

16 hours ago, Matt said:

liberal...

8 hours ago, Matt said:

• Gold Member

Gas prices in the U.S. surged this week to a six-month high, with drivers paying roughly $3.60 per gallon at the pump, as high oil prices, refinery maintenance and international turbulence in the energy market continue to leave a dent in drivers’ pocketbooks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2024/04/08/gas-prices-surge-to-six-month-high-at-360-heres-where-prices-are-highest-and-why-they-could-keep-climbing/?sh=42b5166b7bef

• Like 1

Just now, BOHICA said:

Gas prices in the U.S. surged this week to a six-month high, with drivers paying roughly $3.60 per gallon at the pump, as high oil prices, refinery maintenance and international turbulence in the energy market continue to leave a dent in drivers’ pocketbooks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2024/04/08/gas-prices-surge-to-six-month-high-at-360-heres-where-prices-are-highest-and-why-they-could-keep-climbing/?sh=42b5166b7bef

Our gas prices here have went down, not up. Was $3.49 now $3.21.