Check your account email address ×

Oops ...

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I didn't bother, @Palu49 beat us both to it, but he used it to show how few catalyst sleds ac built

• Like 1

Ahhh, 10-4 :thumbsup:

I figured most people didn't even get a chance to ride them, and some of those that did (cough, cough ... Ramstad) don't ride fast enough to need brakes anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Ahhh, 10-4 :thumbsup:

I figured most people didn't even get a chance to ride them, and some of those that did (cough, cough ... Ramstad) don't ride fast enough to need brakes anyway.

The recall has been out since like September but typical cat releasing something way after they should have 

Didn’t cat have this same problem with their turbo models years ago? Now, I’m no engineer but it would seem that running a brake line suspiciously close to a brake rotor may become problematic.  Just a guess tho…it’s prolly fine.  Maybe run the recoil rope around the rotor too?  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Didn’t cat have this same problem with their turbo models years ago? Now, I’m no engineer but it would seem that running a brake line suspiciously close to a brake rotor may become problematic.  Just a guess tho…it’s prolly fine.  Maybe run the recoil rope around the rotor too?  

the graphics department also chose the brake line routing

59 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the graphics department also chose the brake line routing

What’s sad is, like all manus, how many people on the line saw that and either didn’t see the problem or just said “fuck it”.

Maybe sending shit overseas is our best bet now.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What’s sad is, like all manus, how many people on the line saw that and either didn’t see the problem or just said “fuck it”.

Maybe sending shit overseas is our best bet now.

I'm sticking with the older already sorted out shit... imagine if we get another winter like this next year?

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm sticking with the older already sorted out shit... imagine if we get another winter like this next year?

I’ll prolly end up with a Catalyst next year…if they ever make a SX version.   If so, mine will have 3.5 hours on it when I sell it. Just a smidge more than when I got it.  :wall:

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve done the “fix” on a bunch of them, I honestly don’t think that the brake line has enough slack to get to the rotor but it has obviously happened for them to make a recall. It has a clip that holds it to the bulkhead and would need a ton of slack to bow out from that and hit the rotor, wondering if they found the issue ice racing with short risers to give it the slack enough to touch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I’ve done the “fix” on a bunch of them, I honestly don’t think that the brake line has enough slack to get to the rotor but it has obviously happened for them to make a recall. It has a clip that holds it to the bulkhead and would need a ton of slack to bow out from that and hit the rotor, wondering if they found the issue ice racing with short risers to give it the slack enough to touch.

Ice racing has been kind of hard on the Catalysts.  I know of 3 that need to get completely stripped down for front end work.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ice racing has been kind of hard on the Catalysts.  I know of 3 that need to get completely stripped down for front end work.

Steering? I was looking at Kenny’s in the AXC booth at the show yesterday and the steering linkage is loose as fuck

Just now, Palu49 said:

Steering? I was looking at Kenny’s in the AXC booth at the show yesterday and the steering linkage is loose as fuck

A-arm and swaybar mounts. 

Have him rip the rubber boots away from the bulkhead between races and watch for shit loosening up/ripping away from the chassis and inspect probably after each race day.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

A-arm and swaybar mounts. 

Have him rip the rubber boots away from the bulkhead between races and watch for shit loosening up/ripping away from the chassis and inspect probably after each race day.

on RXC's... the 'race' chassis?

UhPs.gif

wtf?

20130611125745.jpg.a6543278d1742e01bcf95e74ce778a1e.jpg

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

If the SP 500 was so wonderful why’d they quit making it? 

because the entire buffett of 600/800 2S and 4S engines on deck didn't fit in the race chassis

lmk if you just learned something  ;)

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

because the entire buffett of 600/800 2S and 4S engines on deck didn't fit in the race chassis

lmk if you just learned something  ;)

Interesting. I didn’t know that. From a production standpoint it does make more financial sense to have one chassis across the line up. 

Just now, AK440 said:

Interesting. I didn’t know that. From a production standpoint it does make more financial sense to have one chassis across the line up. 

yes, one shassis for (at one point) five different mills

took me a hot minute to find the old article but... https://www.snowmobile.com/products/inside-arctic-cats-procross-race-suspension-1450.html

and no, the PC doesn't handle better than the SP imo as stated in the propaganda article

3 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Holy shit, you said something that makes sense.  First time for everything I guess.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, one shassis for (at one point) five different mills

took me a hot minute to find the old article but... https://www.snowmobile.com/products/inside-arctic-cats-procross-race-suspension-1450.html

and no, the PC doesn't handle better than the SP imo as stated in the propaganda article

Great link! I think I remember reading that article a long long time ago and forgot the details. I got to ride a an SP 600 over a decade ago. I remember it handled great. 

14 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Great link! I think I remember reading that article a long long time ago and forgot the details. I got to ride a an SP 600 over a decade ago. I remember it handled great. 

you're welcome

it's a great chassis and there's still a few fans of it here

46 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're welcome

it's a great chassis and there's still a few fans of it here

The 08's were something else to ride.  They'd buck you quick, if they didn't swap ends on you first.

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The 08's were something else to ride.  They'd buck you quick, if they didn't swap ends on you first.

want one?  I know of one getting a professional engine rebuild.  I might add it to the collection if the price is right.

wasn't the bucking bronco issue with the track getting packed?  

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

want one?  I know of one getting a professional engine rebuild.  I might add it to the collection if the price is right.

wasn't the bucking bronco issue with the track getting packed? 

If it’s the one I laid eyes on, you bess keep your grubby paws off it!  :news:

Edited by hayward
  • Haha 1