Check your account email address ×

Dumbass snowmobiler troubleshooting “skills”

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/runs-great-in-reverse-not-at-all-in-forward.1090514/#post-11447210

Look at this dipfuck, his sled doesnt run right so he buys used electrical parts then concludes his crank went out of phase. :lol2::lol2:

Deephaven

Registered
Joined Dec 5, 2006
5,290 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · Mar 12, 2014
I’ve been chasing what I thought was an electrical gremlin in my sled for the past month. Now I am wondering if the crank rotated.

2007 IQR, 2007 600HO updated to a Carl’s Cycle 660HO, 4010993 CDI (from the ProX PERC kit 2874695)

Rebuilt the motor this off season. Ran like a raped ape all throughout break-in and my first tanks of gas. At 150mi or so it felt like it fouled a plug and wouldn’t pull RPM’s. Changed plugs and it got better for a couple miles and then the feeling returned. Cleaned up the coil wires and it ran fine for a mile or so and then wouldn’t pull R’s very well either.

Tested things:
It had a bad regulator that was replaced, my idiot ass bought a used one that was bad. Worked at lower voltages but not RPM’s so it passed my test.
Bad rectifier – probably mulched by the regulator. Recti was only needed for accessory gauges.

Swapped the temp sensor as a precautionary test. No change.

Cleaned up all wiring and connections. Tested stator hot & cold and it all passes.

Bought a new Regulator, installed and the sled ran perfect….until I put it in reverse. Went into reverse fine, ran great, and then you put it in forward and it runs like the CDI thinks it is in reverse. Tops out at less than 10mph, put it in reverse and it rips again. Figured it was the CDI, so I ordered a brand new 4010993 CDI. The problem stays.

My luck this year has me guessing that it was only the regulator. Once that was changed all was fine. At the time of putting it into reverse it somehow jolted the crank and now it is no longer phased right. This is a hard one to swallow, but the only thing left to change electrically is the harness or stator but considering it runs in reverse I am having a hard time with this. Also can’t believe it was the crank initially since it ran great again once changing the regulator.

I built the motor, but I paid a reputable race shop (leaving out name to not impart any blame) to change the bearings on the crank. It was then assembled carefully by me.

What should I do next?

:lmao::idiot:

16 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Man do I have you worked up.  Must suck to see that I've owned lots of sleds and you have so much snow and can't afford one.

It appears that you have an internet stalker with nothing better to do than look for old posts of yours on other sites and start a thread on here...... Threads/posts that are ten years old........ :lolz:

I wonder why he/she didn't post a reply on HCS

• Haha 1

It was a rotated crank as well.  Had no idea they could rotate.  Had I the troubleshooting would have gone faster.  Of course AK can't change a spark plug so he missed the fact that the troubleshooting and question was logical.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

It appears that you have an internet stalker with nothing better to do than look for old posts of yours on other sites and start a thread on here...... Threads/posts that are ten years old........ :lolz:

I wonder why he/she didn't post a reply on HCS

he got @Bontz as well... he's very crafty.

who's next? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Man do I have you worked up.  Must suck to see that I've owned lots of sleds and you have so much snow and can't afford one.

Man, wtf? Congratulations, you got to this thin skinned Alaskan lady boy.

How hurt is your vagina to dig up something from 10 years ago?

Fucking pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It was a rotated crank as well.  Had no idea they could rotate.  Had I the troubleshooting would have gone faster.  Of course AK can't change a spark plug so he missed the fact that the troubleshooting and question was logical.

I twisted a crank this winter.  It's not the easiest thing to diagnose.  But your boy toy wouldn't know that from behind his keyboard 

30 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Man, wtf? Congratulations, you got to this thin skinned Alaskan lady boy.

How hurt is your vagina to dig up something from 10 years ago?

Fucking pathetic.

He went back 17 years for my post :lol:  Such is the life of Alaskan Karen though ... all that snow up there, and no sled to ride. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

He went back 17 years for my post :lol:  Such is the life of Alaskan Karen though ... all that snow up there, and no sled to ride. 

You absolutely ADORE the attention he gives you. That's why you continue to come back for more.

You love drama, obviously.

57 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I twisted a crank this winter.  It's not the easiest thing to diagnose.  But your boy toy wouldn't know that from behind his keyboard 

I had never built one.  Assumed they were keyed and that wasn't possible.  The fact it is possible screams dubious design to me, but once you learn that it makes it a lot easier to figure out.  Was crazy to have something run ridiculously strong in reverse and be underpowered moving forward.

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I had never built one.  Assumed they were keyed and that wasn't possible.

Years ago when I owned HeadSledRacing I had a lot of cylinder and crank work at a place in Thunder Bay. The owner Rick and I became good friends and he invited me to bring an xlt crank personally and had his crank guy Dennis walk me through an entire rebuild and gave me a tutorial on how to check cranks. It was very interesting.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Claims to have me on ignore,  forgets that I'm admin here :lol:

PRICELESS!!!!!!

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Years ago when I owned HeadSledRacing I had a lot of cylinder and crank work at a place in Thunder Bay. The owner Rick and I became good friends and he invited me to bring an xlt crank personally and had his crank guy Dennis walk me through an entire rebuild and gave me a tutorial on how to check cranks. It was very interesting.

where did you get that retarded sig line?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And of course I also had confidence that Indy Dan could rebuild a crank correctly....

Oh, of course! It was Indy Dan’s fault…. Gotcha…:lies:

How’d the phone call go when you asked for warranty because you dropped the crank onto your concrete floor? 

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I had never built one.  Assumed they were keyed and that wasn't possible.  The fact it is possible screams dubious design to me, but once you learn that it makes it a lot easier to figure out.  Was crazy to have something run ridiculously strong in reverse and be underpowered moving forward.

They do some funny things when it happens.  Compression will still check ok too.  Your timing for one hole was probably way advanced in reverse and way retarded in forward 

55 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

where did you get that retarded sig line?

That is @f7ben's very specific definition of turbocharged :lol:

It rates right up there with 17xcr600's gyroscopic effect comments.

Pure idiocy

He got owned already and has been hiding at TBP ever since :lol:

46 minutes ago, AK440 said:

How’d the phone call go when you asked for warranty because you dropped the crank onto your concrete floor? 

He fixed it for free.  If you actually knew how to change a fuse you might understand troubleshooting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

You were there with him? Cool

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Pure idiocy

You are one stupid cocksucker , likely one of the dumbest to grace this forum 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You are one stupid cocksucker , likely one of the dumbest to grace this forum 

Either back up your made up idiotic definition or stfu.

Those are your 2 options.

I'd recommend the second because the first is impossible.

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Pure idiocy

holy shit......just.....nevermind

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And of course I also had confidence that Indy Dan could rebuild a crank correctly....

You should have reached out to Ichiban Moto this fucking guy is amazing with his motor skills....... :thumbsup: