Check your account email address ×

Economists propose axing 401(k), IRA tax benefits to help fund Social Security

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stop giving away so much money to other countries you fucking dopes. WTF is wrong with these people? We now know they will shit themselves at the slightest hint of uprising against them and that makes me smile

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Stop giving away so much money to other countries you fucking dopes. WTF is wrong with these people? We now know they will shit themselves at the slightest hint of uprising against them and that makes me smile

the boomers got and took theirs... so fuck everyone behind them, I guess.  

want to see the stock market crash?  take away the 401k tax benefits and watch employee participation drop like a hot fucking rock. 

the funny part is, not long ago they were discussing getting more young people into 401k's as part of social security.  

what a fucked up country... 9_9

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Putin puppet!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

want to see the stock market crash?  take away the 401k tax benefits and watch employee participation drop like a hot fucking rock. 

the funny part is, not long ago they were discussing getting more young people into 401k's as part of social security.  

Boomers pay taxes in the US. Foreign countries dont. Fuck them! We should not be giving away American tax dollars to foreign govts, period. I can only think of 2 people (idiots) that support that shit and they are both on this forum. 

• Like 5

You still pay tax on that money, at the going rate when you withdraw it.

It's a long term saving and growth vehicle.

CCP or Canada Pension Plan is not a pension plan at all.

You didn't need to work and pay into it to receive it. Hell, read this straight from the government site.

A pension you can receive if you are 65 years of age or older and have lived in Canada for at least 10 years - even if you have never worked.Feb 13, 2024

When you die, all the contributions one made go back into the pot, not to the person of your choosing.

How in the fuck is it a pension plan,

It's a fucking welfare scheme.

Edited by Voodoo

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What stops someone from having an IRA?

Know what is worse than being old?

Being old and poor.

You need only be one of those, with the right life choices, for most.

We have gotten so stupid at the free handout game, we have little left for those that truly need it.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Boomers pay taxes in the US. Foreign countries dont. Fuck them! We should not be giving away American tax dollars to foreign govts, period. I can only think of 2 people (idiots) that support that shit and they are both on this forum. 

Fuck those Boomers!  :bigfinger:

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

What stops someone from having an IRA?

Know what is worse than being old?

Being old and poor.

You need only be one of those, with the right life choices, for most.

We have gotten so stupid at the free handout game, we have little left for those that truly need it.

Future generations are completely fucked due to the gross mismanagement and long term planning by the BOOMERS for the three decades.

They can't die soon enough...

:)

• Gold Member

How about we not allow these asshats to raid dedicated funds to cover their short comings. Tax those cunts in congess first.

Edited by Kivalo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Fuck those Boomers!  :bigfinger:

Future generations are completely fucked due to the gross mismanagement and long term planning by the BOOMERS for the three decades.

They can't die soon enough...

:)

Bidenomics.

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Far too many people, that is the only saving they do for retirement to boot. 

Bare minimum to meet company match and that is it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Far too many people, that is the only saving they do for retirement to boot. 

Bare minimum to meet company match and that is it.

yep... 👍

it's 'hard' for people to save and invest when they are debt slaves for things they can barely afford but believe they need.  I've bought three CDs in the past week with which the interest earned will pay my property taxes for the the year.  could have bought a nice fleet of sleds with the $ but that's not how I was raised. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yep... 👍

it's 'hard' for people to save and invest when they are debt slaves for things they can barely afford but believe they need.  I've bought three CDs in the past week with which the interest earned will pay my property taxes for the the year.  could have bought a nice fleet of sleds with the $ but that's not how I was raised. 

Look at who has the nicest, newest, and most buildings in many areas, or what is being built the fastest.

Apartment buildings, banks/credit unions, storage complexes, auto dealers.

We are quickly turning into a nation of renters and debt slaves.

I drive by some apartment complexes and see all the nice vehicles there.  Some of those people must be kicking $3-4k a month towards their apartment and vehicle payment that nets them $0 in equity.  Wild.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Look at who has the nicest, newest, and most buildings in many areas, or what is being built the fastest.

Apartment buildings, banks/credit unions, storage complexes, auto dealers.

We are quickly turning into a nation of renters and debt slaves.

I drive by some apartment complexes and see all the nice vehicles there.  Some of those people must be kicking $3-4k a month towards their apartment and vehicle payment that nets them $0 in equity.  Wild.

ABANDON common fucking sense!!!

oceanos-sinking.gif

Are you eating breakfast with Jimmy right now?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ABANDON common fucking sense!!!

oceanos-sinking.gif

Are you eating breakfast with Jimmy right now?  :lol:

Speaking of spending money like a feral cat in heat, I'm waiting for my friend to show up so we can go pick up his new race trailer.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Speaking of spending money like a feral cat in heat, I'm waiting for my friend to show up so we can go pick up his new race trailer.  

second person this week I've heard about getting one.  my buddy compared the quality of a few he looked at to 'a step below a camper'  

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

second person this week I've heard about getting one.  my buddy compared the quality of a few he looked at to 'a step below a camper'  

This is a stainless sided stepdeck semi trailer he is going to convert with a basic living quarters and ideal a liftgate.  It'll handle a couple 3400 pound cars pretty good, I'm thinking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

This is a stainless sided stepdeck semi trailer he is going to convert with a basic living quarters and ideal a liftgate.  It'll handle a couple 3400 pound cars pretty good, I'm thinking.

nice... and sounds big

J is going asphalt racing with his new to him tar sled.

• Gold Member

Hobbies are expensive and very important to people.  Lack of retirement savings is just people making a decision to live their best life.
 Just raise the retirement age for SS and maybe tax employers more for SS as well

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

nice... and sounds big

J is going asphalt racing with his new to him tar sled.

This is for a dirt car.  Have to haul around a family of 6 or 8 (depending on the weekend) comes with a big bill at times.  His dad has a Prevost and a stacker they haul the cars with now, which works, but his old man doesn't race as much and they'd like to have some flexibility and independence.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1