Check your account email address ×

Iowa school shooting

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

White kid killed white kid, killer was trans, he used a shotgun and pistol, it happened in conservative small town America.   No way this stays on the news more than a few days. 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

It must be done already cause the libs here aren’t freaking out about banning all guns 

Just to humor myself, I checked out cnn.com and looked ... it's already off their top news stories and working towards being buried in their "Other top stories" section that you have to scroll down to read.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Because it doesn't fit the narrative. 

Now if the shooter was wearing a maga hat… look out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Or had one of them darned ASSAULT rifles

I dunno. I think their love for trans outweighs their fear of AR’s  

• Haha 1

I heard the governor toss out the standard, thoughts and prayers, we will get to the bottom of this trope yesterday.

Some problems have no solutions, quit offering up hope for the hopeless.

Until there are no guns, and I mean no guns on the planet...people be killin' people with guns.

Some people and places more than others, is a bit of a puzzler tho'.

I got's no easy answers.

Edited by Voodoo

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I heard the governor toss out the standard, thoughts and prayers, we will get to the bottom of this trope yesterday.

Some problems have no solutions, quit offering up hope for the hopeless.

Until there are no guns, and I mean no guns on the planet...people be killin' people with guns.

Some people and places more than others, is a bit of a puzzler tho'.

I got's no easy answers.

I can list dozens and dozens of ways people die in violent manner more than in mass shootings....even with the newer definition where its mostly gang or family related.   Reality is random active type mass shootings are not a huge problem in the us as compared to other issues.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

I can list dozens and dozens of ways people die in violent manner more than in mass shootings....even with the newer definition where its mostly gang or family related.   Reality is random active type mass shootings are not a huge problem in the us as compared to other issues.

Problem are in the eye of the beholder.

Some don't see the homeless encampments in California as a problem.

Drag time story hour makes some go loopy.

Gang shootings in the hood go unnoticed by many.

Whatever floats y'er boat, outrage wise.

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Need to ban that thing that kills 50% of trans people!

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Just to humor myself, I checked out cnn.com and looked ... it's already off their top news stories and working towards being buried in their "Other top stories" section that you have to scroll down to read.

It was one kid.

Not to minimize the pain to the parents, but it's chump change in a country that had 48,000 gun deaths in 2021.

Just being realistic

28 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Suicide.

Our government is trying to ban medical suicide for mental illness.

I believe that's a mistake.

It's the ultimate freedom...and I loves me my freedom.

Edited by Voodoo

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, Highmark said:

Correct , they are horrific when they happen , but in reality make up a small amount of crimes

20 hours ago, Highmark said:

Because it doesn't fit the narrative. 

They want to blame it on the guns rather than looking at the DRUGS they are being prescribed.  SSRI drugs are not a good thing.  Everyone likes to discuss how this has gotten worse over the years......well these drugs were not being prescribed during times that we are comparing this too, guns were still around though.