Check your account email address ×

Does anyone know?

XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Does UPS ever deliver on Sunday's? I got a bunch of items coming and this morning I got notice that I have a delivery coming UPS today.

They will during the holidays, same with fed ex

Don’t trust it.

They said the same thing to me, in an email.

When I tracked the package it said it was in Windsor at 3 pm.

I called and they said it could still come that day, and I politely asked how in the fuck that was going to happen, but there was still technically 9 hrs left, in what would be a 5 hr drive straight to my house.

It showed up the following Tuesday.

Morons.

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I've seen them deliver on sundays during this time of year

Pics please...... They may be just moving trucks around that you saw... Unless it's totally localized, we do not deliver on Sundays.  I'm actually kind of surprised they they don't yet... I think it's only a matter of time.

I did one time. Xmas was on Monday and we lost a day to a storm the previous week.

Problem is most drivers are up against the 70 hour rule (I think I quoted to the OP it was 60... it changes to 70 after Thanksgiving week).

Text the old boss.... he only saw it once as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I did one time. Xmas was on Monday and we lost a day to a storm the previous week.

Problem is most drivers are up against the 70 hour rule (I think I quoted to the OP it was 60... it changes to 70 after Thanksgiving week).

Text the old boss.... he only saw it once as well.

UPS likes to come here late, like 8pm or later..I have lots of things coming probably tomorrow then by UPS & USPS.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

UPS likes to come here late, like 8pm or later..I have lots of things coming probably tomorrow then by UPS & USPS.

Even during Christmas I never worked that late, unless I was asked to go help a guy out. Which very rarely happened....

Fuck all that noise....

Just now, Snake said:

Even during Christmas I never worked that late, unless I was asked to go help a guy out. Which very rarely happened....

Fuck all that noise....

I asked the driver why he's always that late, if I recall correctly he said his shift doesn't start till Noon..from Rice Lake Wisconsin.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I asked the driver why he's always that late, if I recall correctly he said his shift doesn't start till Noon..from Rice Lake Wisconsin.

Sounds like a remote route.

We have a guy who takes a small trailer about 30 miles away, and 2 drivers who live out that way come and load up and work from there.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

We have a guy who takes a small trailer about 30 miles away, and 2 drivers who live out that way come and load up and work from there.

Some years they had a small UPS van, now the larger trucks are delivering here, this area is remote, I live in the National Forest, under 17,000 live here in the whole county, 600 miles of snowmobile trails in this county alone.

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

That's what a friend does in Pittsburg. He lives up that way so they bring a trailer up to him from Twin Mt. Last I knew he had a Ford Super Duty 4 wheel drive with a small box on the back.

• Like 1

As #2 man in seniority out of 200 drivers in our building....I would be among first asked and suck up that Sunday OT in a heartbeat....bring it on. :lmao:.....I would love to work this Sunday Christmas Eve and show up late to the wife's side of family party .

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

As #2 man in seniority out of 200 drivers in our building....I would be among first asked and suck up that Sunday OT in a heartbeat....bring it on. :lmao:.....I would love to work this Sunday Christmas Eve and show up late to the wife's side of family party .

Got this a few moments ago:

Your delivery has been rescheduled.
>From AMAZON.COM
Rescheduled Delivery
Monday 12/18/2023

Edited by XCR1250

29 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

We had a phrase for guys like you...

"Dead at 70"..... :lol:

23 minutes ago, Snake said:

We had a phrase for guys like you...

"Dead at 70"..... :lol:

Pffft....could do this job another 10 years with no problem.   Calling it quits reluctantly Feb 1 st....just got a couple things notarized to send to Georgia for final pension benefits and should be all set.

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Pffft....could do this job another 10 years with no problem.   Calling it quits reluctantly Feb 1 st....just got a couple things notarized to send to Georgia for final pension benefits and should be all set.

Enjoy your 60 hours next week... I'll be spending it with my grand daughter.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Enjoy your 60 hours next week... I'll be spending it with my grand daughter.

I wish I was getting 60.....struggling to get 55 hours with the help of Saturdays this peak. They hired way too much help. They try to send me PVD drivers to take even more of my work.....I say no thanks.

Actually my immediate in car helper is pretty cool, He's a little skinny Indian dude 19 years old But he has no problem lifting any of the packages.... pretty strong for his size.  I just stay and sort and he runs them all off. He hates his own race and even calls where he lives little Chindia because it's all Chinese and Indian. :lmao:.... Says he always dates white woman and would never even consider an Indian.   

He's a stoner and I let him do his little vape thing dabs or whatever you call it in the truck.:thumbsup:  He's also a part-time loader at UPS, so I just tell him the sequence number and he often finds pkg before I do... So he's actually a really good helper.

Hope he fulfills his dreams and becomes a heart surgeon like he wants to be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Pics please...... They may be just moving trucks around that you saw... Unless it's totally localized, we do not deliver on Sundays.  I'm actually kind of surprised they they don't yet... I think it's only a matter of time.

Out here they will on Sundays from time to time. But it is one person that delivers everything (usps, FedEx, ups ect) so they are probably an independent contractor and deliver when they feel like delivering. 

• Thanks 1

Weird, my mailman delivered several packages yesterday (Sunday), he's been terrible, puts others mail in my mailbox, I'm sure some of my mail gets put into others mailboxes too..some things I never receive andthen  I get e-mails saying they've been delivered..I won't put important mail in my mailbox but rather the wife takes them to the Post Office to be sure it gets sent to the correct address.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Weird, my mailman delivered several packages yesterday (Sunday), he's been terrible, puts others mail in my mailbox, I'm sure some of my mail gets put into others mailboxes too..some things I never receive andthen  I get e-mails saying they've been delivered..I won't put important mail in my mailbox but rather the wife takes them to the Post Office to be sure it gets sent to the correct address.

How do you know they will not get fucked up on the other end?