Check your account email address ×

Saw This On HCS..Good Watch

Good watch ... and yeah, that dude cracks me up.  I watched his "Danglin'!!" video last year with the Firecat he was messing around with.

Those power valves .. holy shit!  I think Polaris should maybe watch that video and re-examine their so-called "No need to clean" maintenance strategy.  Yikes!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good watch ... and yeah, that dude cracks me up.  I watched his "Danglin'!!" video last year with the Firecat he was messing around with.

Those power valves .. holy shit!  I think Polaris should maybe watch that video and re-examine their so-called "No need to clean" maintenance strategy.  Yikes!

Been running extreme in my 19 since new I was surprised how clean valves were!!what I did find was springs were worn pretty good!!

Then again valves are mostly all the way out when riding!!😂

11k miles!

Edited by X2700
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Been running extreme in my 19 since new I was surprised how clean valves were!!what I did find was springs were worn pretty good!!

11k miles!

Good point on the use of the OEM Extreme oil.  That sled, in the condition it was, who knows WTF kind of oil the owner was running.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, X2700 said:

11k miles!

Riding with you, this is true!  Mine are probably due, but hell, still have warranty. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good point on the use of the OEM Extreme oil.  That sled, in the condition it was, who knows WTF kind of oil the owner was running.

The sled didn't look like it had a good life.  Broken primary spring and a track so loose that it probably ratcheted.  Just keep on riding it.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Doug said:

The sled didn't look like it had a good life.  Broken primary spring and a track so loose that it probably ratcheted.  Just keep on riding it.

The milkshake looking Chaincase was nice as well!🤣🥴

Also the destroyed driveshaft bearing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I wish they would have said what "Remington" paid for that sled.

I know…it also makes we wonder about all these 5000 mile sleds I’ve been looking at on Marketplace.🤔

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Screaming deal. Only 9 grand :lol:

I must have missed it, if he said that was the price.  I suppose though, $9K Canadian is about $6600 so really not that bad of a deal (even with the shit that was wrong).

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I must have missed it, if he said that was the price.  I suppose though, $9K Canadian is about $6600 so really not that bad of a deal (even with the shit that was wrong).

I just pulled that out of my ass lol. wasn't thinking canadian though so 14k

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

I just pulled that out of my ass lo wasn't thinking canadian though so 14k

I thought maybe you caught it during a couple spots where I was forwarding through the video LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know…it also makes we wonder about all these 5000 mile sleds I’ve been looking at on Marketplace.🤔

Good to know the history and owner.  Worked on some high mileage sleds that were well maintained and really good shape.  Worked on low mileage sleds that were just junk.

• Like 1

Just now, Doug said:

Good to know the history and owner.  Worked on some high mileage sleds that were well maintained and really good shape.  Worked on low mileage sleds that were just junk.

That's so true. When I bought my sled from my 60 year old coworker that was a huge selling point. Hopefully when I upgrade I can find a similar situation.

• Like 1