Check your account email address ×

Weekend Sled Wrenching

Made the rounds yesterday, visiting Thomas Sno Sports where I ran into @mnstangand had a good visit,then it was onto D.K. First on tap this morning is getting the rebuilt starter motor going in my buddies Elan. Then start on the Crossfire..

Snapchat-812262700.jpg

20231202_085502.jpg

Edited by Sled_Hed
Added pic
  • Like 6

Shopping for the Enticer right now.

Sick of fighting with that diaphragm pumper Keihen on it, so I'm doing the Mikuni swap and just being done with it.

Also having a tough time on what big ass hood decal to order for it.  Right now, Hamm's is leading the pack, following by the Fireball.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Where the heck has he been (mnstang)?  

@Sled_Hed - you've had a productive weekend.  Nice! :bc:  I hope to have everything put back together on my sled  by next weekend (can't really do it today since I'm prepping for the good ol' "roto rooter" job tomorrow that us 50+ year olds are supposed to go through). 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

today since I'm prepping for the good ol' "roto rooter" job tomorrow that us 50+ year olds are supposed to go through). 

it's not that bad, enjoy your Gatorade and rest of the day on the toilet... :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Where the heck has he been (mnstang)?  

@Sled_Hed - you've had a productive weekend.  Nice! :bc:  I hope to have everything put back together on my sled  by next weekend (can't really do it today since I'm prepping for the good ol' "roto rooter" job tomorrow that us 50+ year olds are supposed to go through). 

He actually stopped at my place and picked up a 90's cat book that I had a couple weeks ago. He had been busy with deer hunting. He was picking up his sled on Friday. My crossfire is showing its age and I'm making a shopping list of things it needs. Biggest one is spider on primary is worm out and they don't make a replacement anymore. Good weekend all in all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

He actually stopped at my place and picked up a 90's cat book that I had a couple weeks ago. He had been busy with deer hunting. He was picking up his sled on Friday. My crossfire is showing its age and I'm making a shopping list of things it needs. Biggest one is spider on primary is worm out and they don't make a replacement anymore. Good weekend all in all.

Fett had billet spiders for those. Not sure if they still do. Cat never sold replacement spiders for those 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Fett had billet spiders for those. Not sure if they still do. Cat never sold replacement spiders for those 

Ok, I was actually browsing their site thebl other day and didn't see anything but will look again. Tom R was actually helping someone else with the same issue. He had one from a race sled that he thought might work, my issue is the sheaves are showing some wear as well so not sure how much I want to stick into it. Found a n.o.s unloaded replacement for around $550. New replacement from Cat is just under 700

Edited by Sled_Hed

15 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Ok, I was actually browsing their site thebl other day and didn't see anything but will look again. Tom R was actually helping someone else with the same issue. He had one from a race sled that he thought might work, my issue is the sheaves are showing some wear as well so not sure how much I want to stick into it. Found a n.o.s unloaded replacement for around $550. New replacement from Cat is just under 700

I would buy that nos clutch. By the time you buy a spider and all the rebuild parts you will have be close to 500 bucks in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I would buy that nos clutch. By the time you buy a spider and all the rebuild parts you will have be close to 500 bucks in it. 

That's kinda the route I'm thinking. Putting some $ into the ol half ass dragger lol

On 12/2/2023 at 8:55 AM, Sled_Hed said:

Made the rounds yesterday, visiting Thomas Sno Sports where I ran into @mnstangand had a good visit,then it was onto D.K. First on tap this morning is getting the rebuilt starter motor going in my buddies Elan. Then start on the Crossfire..

Snapchat-812262700.jpg

20231202_085502.jpg

53 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

That's kinda the route I'm thinking. Putting some $ into the ol half ass dragger lol

You should have just try to modify my starter to work I would've gave the owner an OK deal.  Few zip ties and self tappers would probably do it.  Really questioned how deep I had to dig into a new sled to remove that stupid thing and then it only weighed 5.75#.  it was a lot crappier than doing it on a procross.

Clutches are tough to buy but if it's in the cards I'd do it.  If your old one is still usable you could put it back on before selling it and put the good one on next sled.  And just disclose the clutch is iffy when you sell.

PS I am pretty sure I have an rktek torsion conversion kit for a DD sled. 

PXL_20231204_024525605.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You should have just try to modify my starter to work I would've gave the owner an OK deal.  Few zip ties and self tappers would probably do it.  Really questioned how deep I had to dig into a new sled to remove that stupid thing and then it only weighed 5.75#.  it was a lot crappier than doing it on a procross.

Clutches are tough to buy but if it's in the cards I'd do it.  If your old one is still usable you could put it back on before selling it and put the good one on next sled.  And just disclose the clutch is iffy when you sell.

PS I am pretty sure I have an rktek torsion conversion kit for a DD sled. 

PXL_20231204_024525605.jpg

I thought you got a riot not the m cattle ass. 

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Also what is the weight and horse power on that sticker 

It doesn't say weight or power on the sticker.  They do have weights on the spec sheet

PXL_20231204_052420334.jpg

PXL_20231204_052554911.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doug said:

If you replace the spider the clutch should be rebalanced also.

Thanks. I had seen that on some stuff I've been reading. The new clutch seems to make better sense money wise right now.

• Like 1