Check your account email address ×

Should cars have built-in speed limits? Some think it’s time

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Are most not already limited to 100? I know my f-250 is.

Usually its because of tires and the speed they're rated for. F 450s are limited to 88.  

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Nope, but people need to start being ticked for riding in the passing lane

Blows me away. They want to spend billions to add more lanes when proper lane use would work with what we have. Add another lane and fucktards will drive in that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, X2700 said:

My kind of speed limit!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I should also mentioned old ladies.  Those are the ones you see driving 50 in the left lane of a 65 speed limit.  Up north you can rip it for 85 mph towing a trailer, only thing you have to worry about is hitting a moose.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I should also mentioned old ladies.  Those are the ones you see driving 50 in the left lane of a 65 speed limit.  Up north you can rip it for 85 mph towing a trailer, only thing you have to worry about is hitting a moose.  :lol: 

Funny when you are coming within 30 miles of Houlton running 85 and get smoked by a dude running a 4 place enclosed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worst drivers are dudes with small dicks in big trucks.  Come up on your ass - get over - they pass - see what might be a cop and are suddenly 5-10 under the spread limit.  I roll 6-7 over and never blink an eye.  And I don’t get over if I’m gonna have to slow down.  Fuck em’ if they are going 10+ over and have to wait :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Funny when you are coming within 30 miles of Houlton running 85 and get smoked by a dude running a 4 place enclosed.

Oh fuck yah.  Speed limit is 75 which means you can go 85 without worry.  Which means 90+ if you have Waze or a good radar detector.

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Worst drivers are dudes with small dicks in big trucks.  Come up on your ass - get over - they pass - see what might be a cop and are suddenly 5-10 under the spread limit.  I roll 6-7 over and never blink an eye.  And I don’t get over if I’m gonna have to slow down.  Fuck em’ if they are going 10+ over and have to wait :thumbsup:

Its ok, I'm not hostile to you Prius drivers at all.  Just please stay out of my way.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Its ok, I'm not hostile to you Prius drivers at all.  Just please stay out of my way.  :lol: 

I am , Ill make anyone in the hammer lane speed up till they either scare themselves or move over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Are most not already limited to 100? I know my f-250 is.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Usually its because of tires and the speed they're rated for. F 450s are limited to 88.  

A Diablo t-1000 with a tune can take care of that..Pulled 141mph in my Ram..Then promptly limited the truck to 130mph cuz 140 was sketchy..:lol::3gears:

• Like 1

I'm never in much of a hurry to get anywhere. Up here 50% over the already low limit of 55mph is deemed "stunt driving" and they pull your license and impound your vehicle.

I'll take my time LOL.

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

A Diablo t-1000 with a tune can take care of that..Pulled 141mph in my Ram..Then promptly limited the truck to 130mph cuz 140 was sketchy..:lol::3gears:

So can forscan and you dont have to worry about warranty issues.

46 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You should be in the slow lane except for passing, and if you're passing get it done in a 1/4mile not over 4 miles..Some of us don't drive a Camry and enjoy the drive at speed..I try to run 100-125mph pretty much the whole way home from work and I take the long way because I enjoy the drive at speed..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I'm never in much of a hurry to get anywhere. Up here 50% over the already low limit of 55mph is deemed "stunt driving" and they pull your license and impound your vehicle.

I'll take my time LOL.

Shocking response.

• Haha 1